X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GrassValley_KH
    Mr Sparkle
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by RandyD
    I really wished they would either say Imaginate is still alive(and update it) or legacy since the way I work it is just fine with me to render the project.
    We've tried, but apparently it's not registering: Imaginate 2.0 is still being manufactured and sold. It is simply not being developed any further as a product or product line. This means that the current version is the final version.

How this impacts the EDIUS plug-in, I'm not sure on. The current EDIUS v4.51c issue has been reported, but a fix is not necessarily guaranteed if it requires engineering from the Imaginate end of things.

Comment

• Bassman
      • May 2007

As shown by the number of replies to this thread, high res still movement is very important to video editing.

I just don't understand the lack of this type of functionality in Edius or the release of an upgrade that removes the only method to obtain this functionality.

We have lived (still living) with not using the Audio sliders since 4.24, now we are expected to go without Imaginate.

If Imaginate does not work out, could we have a fix for the audio sliders only?
      Asus PrimeZ690A - Intel i9 13900K - 32GB RAM - NVidia GTX1070 - Edius X WG - BM Intensity 4k - Boris RED - Vitascene 2 - Windows 11

Comment

• SRsupport
        Grass Cutter Gold
        • May 2007

What's wrong with the audio sliders?
        Steve
        EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
        A proud EDIUS EDITOR
        For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

• Raja
          • May 2007

Imaginate is VERY important in my work. It is used in almost every project and there is just no alternative in speed, quality and ease of use in other software out there. It is absolutely brilliant.

I don't really understand why Canopus/GV are dropping good apps like Xplode Pro, Imaginate, etc, without at least incorporating them into Edius.
          Its rather like taking out functionality from Edius instead of adding to it.
          Raja Singh
          Sadha Video
          UK
          1st:HDStorm+expansion bay,i7 3770K Ivy Bridge, Asus P8Z77-V,16Gb Corsair RAM,nvidia GT-650,Lian Li PC-A7110B Tower Case,NEC 24" Monitor,Win7 64bit,Vistitle 2.6,Edius 8.2
          2nd:HDSpark, i7 3770K Ivy Bridge, Asus P8Z77-V,16Gb Corsair RAM,nvidia GT-650, Lian-Li case, Asus 24" Monitor,Win7 64bit,Vistitle 2.6,Edius 8.2
          3rd:IntensityPro4K,i7 4790K,Asus Z97-K,16Gb Corsair RAM,Geforce GTX750Ti,Corsair case,Asus 24"Monitor, Win7 64bit,Vistitle2.6,Edius 8.2
          Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

• muleferg
            • May 2007

I still keep 4.24 on my $ maker.Puter
            Mule
            EDIUS v5.51 Broadcast - Dual Xeon Supermicro X7DWA-N with E5450 3.0GHz CPU (8 cores)
            4 GB Ram, 1.0 TB Video Raid (2x500). 5 ea 1.0 TB External Video. 2 500 gb Ext, 320 GB OS Drive .. ATI Radeon HD 4350 with 512 Ram XP Pro with SP 3 HD Sparks, VisTitle

Edius 6.52Dual Xeon Asus P5E3 9650 3.0 4G Ram
            Nvidia9800, 500G Raid (2x250) 1TB&500TB Ext Drives

HPX 2000 AVC Intra, HVX 200, HPX 170, AG-AF 100, Canon D5 MKll.....MacBook G4 w/VMWare FCP Edius 6.2

Comment

• Wotan3d
              • Aug 2007

ALL (ALL ALL ALL!!!) editing softwares can work with hi-res pictures.... Edius no!
              Ok, Canopus made this so people MUST buy imaginate (and wasn't so good to work with 2 softwares only to move some stupid pictures.... but ok, we love edius and we can do it, but...).
              Now Imaginate doesn't work (ok, must insert an audio track in imaginate and all is "near" to be ok).
              None can say us if edius will work correctly with hires pictures with next patch???????
              What we can do??????????
              Use other editing software to move and zoom pictures???
              This isn't a so big and new feature request. A lot of little, stupid and tedius other editing software have this function from years and years, more than 10!!!

Sorry for my stupid english, I write as (or like?) I can.

Comment

• PaulTV
                • May 2007

It really surprises me that GV are looking flaky over Imaginate, there is obviously a high level of interest in this product from users, and to say that it is unknown if Imaginate will appear in some form or not in Edius 5 is pretty shocking. Whilst software such as Digirostrum produce far higher quality rendered work, nothing integrates so well as Imaginate. After Effects blows everything away, but it costs a fortune, and as we all know, doesn't sit easily with Edius and has a steep learning curve and still needs to be rendered out.

I'm still suffering from the idea that the people who drive Edius's development and testing, have little or no connection with the real world of editing and production.

GV have a pedigree to be sure, but always as an engineering based company. Grass Valley vision mixers were all the rage in the 1980's, but I never heard that Grass Valley made any films, documentaries or promo clips, let alone a Wedding Video!

Get a grip guys, and stay connected with whats happening, we're not all cranky mad professors in dark rooms fiddling with soldering irons - and what we need are empowering pieces of software that work well, integrate and make production exciting and fun.

Paul
                Edius Edits at: http://www.vimeo.com/user781619/videos

System 1) AMD 7950x 16 core 32 thread 5.5Ghz 2x RTX3060 BM 4k mini monitor. System 2) Asus X79 4930K 6 core @4.4GHz Water Cooled. 8TB Raid , 32TB Raid 5 Decklink HD Extreme. 3X Sony AX53 Sony AX700 BMPCC 4K

http://indiestereographer.blogspot.co.uk

Comment

• RandyD
                  • May 2007

Originally posted by GrassValley_KH
                  We've tried, but apparently it's not registering: Imaginate 2.0 is still being manufactured and sold. It is simply not being developed any further as a product or product line. This means that the current version is the final version.
                  Tell them I will buy it from them but they have to find Eddie and make him a part of the deal:-) I hope this thread gets the attention it deserves because working with stills in video is a must. I can not think of any mature editing app that makes you go outside to get the basic zooms and pans done in full res. Imaginate was a piece of cake and did far more than other tools so I can understand that for it to continue it has to pay for itself and make profit. Failing having an app like Imaginate I would think building a tool(or tweaking 3dpip) should be a high priority....I have to go now and work on 600 stills(taken in Africa) in Imaginate while I still can.

Comment

• GrassValley_KH
                    Mr Sparkle
                    • Apr 2007

I think this thread has run its course.

Comment

Working...