X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How edit in edius using a TV instead of PC monitor????help

hi
    I want to edit in Edius 6 but I want to use a HDTV LCD monitor for editing
    so how could i see the edited video in my edius ( I mean what i am editing in timeline ) directly in a LCD HDTV because finally all video would be previewed on TV so it would be more useful to make color correction there,

the questio how to make that to edit in edius using PC monitor and also in the same time see the what i am editing on LCD HDTV directly ???????

DO I need a special hardware /?????????????

Depending on your total needs we have the following options for EDIUS 6:
    HD Spark/ Pro
    HDStorm/plus
    Storm 3g
    Storm 3g elite

More information on these can be found here:
    http://www.grassvalley.com/products/nlesystems
    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

I have two video cards (nvidia). Besides the DVI/VGA outputs, one card has component out and one has HDMI out. I have two monitors hooked up using DVI, one on HDMI and a projector on component. In windows this is setup as expanded desktop or whatever it's called (separate resolutions per screen not clone mode).

In the menu VIEW - FULLSCREEN PREVIEW I select the screen I want to have fullscreen playback on. You can do this with your TV, which will likely be hooked up with HDMI or Component, though some will take DVI or VGA.

Nvidia cards are pretty cheap. You don't need an expensive gaming card for editing. You can output to two devices per card. I'm sure you can do the same with ATI as well.

What card is in your machine and what kind of output connections does it have?

Comment

I have been thinking of doing this as a workarround until the NX drivers are released. What is the quality like for the output to your HD monitor? Is it good enough for color correction? Does it show the full 30 frames a second?
        ASUS ROG Strix Z490- E, i9 10900 @ 2.8G, 32GRam, Windows 10, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti

Comment

Originally posted by VideoOpp View Post
          I have been thinking of doing this as a workarround until the NX drivers are released. What is the quality like for the output to your HD monitor? Is it good enough for color correction? Does it show the full 30 frames a second?

Shows up the same as your monitor would. You do have to claibrate your montior/TV like you would with anything.

Comment

the grass valley cards are the way to go "IF" you want to properly display REC 709 8bit 4:2:0 or 10bit 4:2:2 colorspace.

the spark card with only do 8bit at 4:2:0

if that option isnt important you can get away with a nvidia card which displays at 4:4:4 and will make colors off
            Proud user of EDIUS!

Comment

Originally posted by baddgsx View Post
              the grass valley cards are the way to go "IF" you want to properly display REC 709 8bit 4:2:0 or 10bit 4:2:2 colorspace.

the spark card with only do 8bit at 4:2:0

if that option isnt important you can get away with a nvidia card which displays at 4:4:4 and will make colors off
              I beg to differ. 4:4:4 will make the color off? Tell that to the graphics guys...

Comment

Working...
              X