Changing Project settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Project settings

I am editing in a project and just realized that my 1440 HDV 60i footage is on a 1920 23.98p timeline. I tried to change the project settings but It only has 23.98p video settings in the drop down. My final output is to DVD but I am wondering how I can change it to the proper editing timeline settings.

Thanks.

Go to system settings and create a new preset for 1440
    System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
    Plugins Vistitle 2.8, TP7, NB TFX5
    Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

Hi,

I did try that and it still doesn't show it under project settings. When I try to "change current settings" under Project Settings Menu, the video preset only shows different sizes but all are 23.98p. When I click the Advanced drop down, everything is selectable Except Frame Rate or Field Order(both are greyed out).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

You should make a new project preset with the correct setting and start the edit session again.
        That's the best way.
        Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
        EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Hi,

I have already edited about 3/4 of the project before realizing. The files are all 1440 hdv files 60i. The output is 23.97 progressive.

The project is not broadcast, its just for DVD, do you think there will be ill effects because of frame rate/audio if I burn this to DVD?

Is there a way to start a new project and import the work I have already done, but with the correct new project settings?

Thanks.

Comment

Unfortunately there's no way to change the frame rate on a project. You will not be able to make a DVD at 24p as it is unsupported. It will work with BluRay.

You may be able to export an EDL from your current project then import to a new one. Definitely worth a try.

You can take your chances and continue with your current project and export files to use in Encore or another app.
            Rusty Rogers | Films
            >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
            >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
            Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Rusty. I will try it when I get back.

I welcome anyone else to chime in, I wish support would answer also.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by smontoto View Post
                Thanks for the suggestion Rusty. I will try it when I get back.

I welcome anyone else to chime in, I wish support would answer also.

Thanks.
                This is not a support site, so you will not have an answer from support here. It is best to call them.

Comment

Can't you just highlight the clips in the timeline and copy and paste them in the new project?
                  EDIUS Workgroups 8 with NX Hardware plus HD expansion Card,
                  EDITHD Workstation: Intel Core i7 [email protected], Nvidia GTX-950 Video Card, Windows 7 Premium, 64bit, 6GB Ram, Vistitle 2.6.0.6, Robuskey, ChromaKeyer Pro,

Comment

I think you can start a new project and import the bins from the old one.

Regardless, you should be able to output (print to file) an HQ avi or whatever in the output of your choice (ie 1440 60i or whatever you need). You can then either convert that file externally or use it in your DVD authoring software.

Comment

Working...
                    X