Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot Print To Tape After Changing Edius Into NTSC

Hi, guys,

I'm using Edius Pro 3 and DVCAM recorder DSR-11. Actually I'm using PAL setting. But yesterday I got a job that required me to set DSR-11 and Edius into NTSC. Now I want to use PAL setting again. After I changed the setting back to PAL format, the print to tape button become inactive. Is there something that I miss? Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Erico

you need to change the DSR back to Pal mode (on my DSR20, this is a switch at the back of the DSR)
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I already done that. Still cannot print to tape

Comment

what is the exact project setting right now?

also, deck needs turning off and on after changing standard from NTSC to Pal
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Just to check - is your Firewire cable connected (it could be accidentally jar loose).
          TingSern
          --------------------------------------
          Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

the exact setting that I'm using is PAL
            btw I'm using DV Storm 2 Pro
            I already change the switch in the back of DSR 11 into PAL
            and I can see the PAL indicator is on
            however when I activated the DV connector via edius,
            the PAL indicator is off and NTSC indicator is on.

after several tries, I managed to make PAL indicator still on when I activated the DV connector via edius, however the print to tape button is still not active.
            anybody know why? btw I can control DSR-11 via edius. thanks in advance.

Comment

do a small test

start a new Pal DV project and add a clip, then try print to tape

why print to tape? I never used it, I always just used rec to tape, as in park cursor at start of timeline, then press rec on DSR and after 30 sec of black rec time, I start Edius playback

print to tape is only useful if you have 9pin VCR control
              Anton Strauss

Comment

thanks 4 ur suggestion
                the problem with ur solution is that I can't use other program since other program can make Edius playback stop.
                do you know where is the problem?
                is it my DSR-11 or if I just reinstall Edius, the problem will be solved?
                thanks a lot, Anton

Comment

I have a DSR-25 here. I also used the "Rec to tape" - NOT "print to tape" in EDIUS 5.51.

What do you mean by "You can't use other programs"? Are you attempting to run a program in the background while you are using EDIUS?
                  TingSern
                  --------------------------------------
                  Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

"print to tape is only useful if you have 9pin VCR control" ...................... This not really true Anton...I use 'Print to Tape' all the time with firewire, and it works without a flaw, both in v.3.62, v5.51, and yes, in 6.02.....except that I get a little hiccup with my deck not seen by windows...but once it shows up ....no hiccups..... think it is my Asus board...never had much luck with them..

works 4 me...

Comment

Originally posted by Alade View Post
                      "print to tape is only useful if you have 9pin VCR control" ...................... This not really true Anton...I use 'Print to Tape' all the time with firewire, and it works without a flaw, both in v.3.62, v5.51, and yes, in 6.02.....except that I get a little hiccup with my deck not seen by windows...but once it shows up ....no hiccups..... think it is my Asus board...never had much luck with them..

works 4 me...
                      print to tape via firewire causes a crash record ugly cut point on the tape, because there is no preroll on these decks

with 9pin control, the tape winds back 5 sec or more and then plays and while playing, rec is started at the correct position without a glitch
                      Anton Strauss

Comment

Originally posted by h3170ra View Post
                        thanks 4 ur suggestion
                        the problem with ur solution is that I can't use other program since other program can make Edius playback stop.
                        do you know where is the problem?
                        is it my DSR-11 or if I just reinstall Edius, the problem will be solved?
                        thanks a lot, Anton
                        what do you mean by other program, I did not say that

simply press rec on your deck and then press space bar to start Edius timeline playback

I need to see a screenshot of your project setting, I still think there is something non DV compliant, that is why print to tape won't work
                        Anton Strauss

Comment

problem is solved. Anton is right.
                          program setting automatically changed into generic OHCI output.
                          I changed it into DV Storm output, and print to tape button become visible.
                          thanks 4 everyone that gave me suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                          X