E6 projects openable in 5.51

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E6 projects openable in 5.51

I have a collegue with whom I sometimes share projects. Currently we're both on 5.51 but unlike me he's a big user of AVCHD. He's thinking of upgrading to 6 but is concerned that I will not be able to handle his projects.

For the moment I don't plan on upgrading for various reasons one being that I like and use Imaginate2 projects on my timeline and am a it wary of the new layouter.

Alan
    Alan.

More or less retired now. Still on the Essex(UK) coast. Edius 8.2wg all sorts of other, more or less redundant kit - production & Post.

Generally speaking, a project from an older version of EDIUS will open in a newer version of EDIUS, but the opposite is not true.

So, if you are on EDIUS 5.x and your colleague is using EDIUS 6.x, it will be a one-way deal. (S)He will be able to open/accept your projects, but you will not be able to open/accept his (her) projects. This includes projects you give to him (her), because once they save it, it will be saved as an EDIUS 6.x project.

Even if you do manage to get EDIUS 5.x to read an EDIUS 6.x project, the result may be unpredictable.

Comment

Thanks Brandon, that's what I feared.

Alan
      Alan.

More or less retired now. Still on the Essex(UK) coast. Edius 8.2wg all sorts of other, more or less redundant kit - production & Post.

Comment

Amen (Awoman) to that.
        Mule
        EDIUS v5.51 Broadcast - Dual Xeon Supermicro X7DWA-N with E5450 3.0GHz CPU (8 cores)
        4 GB Ram, 1.0 TB Video Raid (2x500). 5 ea 1.0 TB External Video. 2 500 gb Ext, 320 GB OS Drive .. ATI Radeon HD 4350 with 512 Ram XP Pro with SP 3 HD Sparks, VisTitle

Edius 6.52Dual Xeon Asus P5E3 9650 3.0 4G Ram
        Nvidia9800, 500G Raid (2x250) 1TB&500TB Ext Drives

HPX 2000 AVC Intra, HVX 200, HPX 170, AG-AF 100, Canon D5 MKll.....MacBook G4 w/VMWare FCP Edius 6.2

Comment

Working...
        X