Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio disapeared in bin window

Hi folks -
    I have been editing a number of interviews in the timeline. Once edited I did "add to bin window", named it and asigned a color for reference. Now, when I drag the clips back to the timeline, the audio is not there??? Can you please advise?

Thanks
    Mark
    Mark

Are you using split V/A or VA tracks?
    Steve

Get the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS Download (grassvalley.com)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

Hi,

All is in the VA track.

Mark
      Mark

Comment

Can you give me a screenshot of your timeline ?
        Steve

Comment

This sounds like the Add to Bin limitation that the clip does not hold the audio and video link when brought back to the timeline.

When you add them back to the Bin, does it split into 2 files or just one?

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
            Can you give me a screenshot of your timeline ?
            I have the screen shotsn - how do I get them into my reply?

Thanks for your patience
            Mark

Comment

Scroll down below the reply message part and you will see a button that says Manage Attachments. Click that and it will allow you to navigate to your screenshot location and then upload it. One the processing is done it will be attached to your reply message and you can close the Manage Attachments box

Comment

Sorry guys, I'm having "one of those days! I tried to upload the screen shot and found the pixels were way more than they should have been. I went back and did it again i.e. 620x280. Tried to upload again and then got the message:

"Edius screen shot a.bmp:
                Your file of 508.6 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 19.5 KB for this filetype".

Now what do I do?...Thanks again!
                Mark

Comment

save as PNG and don't resize.
                  Steve

Comment

Thanks - Here it is.

Learning all the time!!! :(
                    Attached Files
                    Mark

Comment

I think this is a mapping issue.

What is this timeline before you drag to the bin or the timelinewhen the clips are brought back from the bin?

Also how many channels does your file contain and on which channels is the actual main audio?

In EDIUS 6 when you use a VA workflow it is different compared to EDIUS 5.xx.

You can have work the same way but it requires a extra step.

What could be the issue in this case is that when you had the files on the timeline the first time channel 1+2 landed on an A track. This gave you a mixed workflow of VA and split V/A . When you drug them to the bin the channels which where on the a track get split and landed in the bin as separate objects.

No reason to panic they are still in the file if the above is the case . :)
                      Steve

Comment

on the left of the timeline in the header, it says A34

right click A34 and then click clear all tracks, after that, it will work normal
                        Anton Strauss
                        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Anton,

Thanks once - you saved the day! A simple fix (when you know what to do!!)

And thanks all, for your replies!

Mark
                          Mark

Comment

Working...
                          X