Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Union Films
    replied
    This software may be able to sync separate clips by peaks etc. but it will not sort out any delay compensation or lack of it in the source material.

Cheers.

Dave.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_SL
    replied
    I you look in the thirdparty section you will see that there is a beta now 3 and that singular is giving feedback.
    Guess you missed it all? :)

example:
    http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...ad.php?t=22365

Leave a comment:

• RonnieMartin
    replied
    I heard about the software "Plural Eyes" at NAB from Mike Downey.

http://www.singularsoftware.com/pluraleyes.html

Anybody tried it?

Thanks

Ronnie

Leave a comment:

• Red Union Films
    replied
    Hi Ron.

This problem is surprisingly found on pro cameras, I have had it on certain Sony HD-CAM's and Panasonic HD. It would be interesting to know what the DSLR's are like. When I don't use timecode, I use a method just like yours. Your workflow of making sure that one master video track has got re-adjusted audio sync to your master audio file, then adjust all the others to that. Is about the best way you can do it if you don't use a master timecode.

Cheers.

Dave.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Evans
    replied
    That's true if you use consumer type cameras like mine. DV especially the audio sync can be off according to the spec 1/3 a frame and not the same on every camera either. So cameras could be almost 2 frames apart. I sync visually the audio wave form as mentioned in previous post. Then in multicam mode using my Shuttle Pro V2 move one frame at a time to check the sync of the 4 cameras I usually shoot with making fine adjustments until the pictures are in sync. I do it a lot so is quick for me, takes just a few minutes. The audio is then definitely out of sync between the cameras which is why I take the audio into Vegas using the main closeup camera as the sync reference and sync the audio from the other cameras. The closeup camera is taken to make sure that the lip sync is correct for the actors speaking. Audio sync is not sufficient for camera sync of prosumer and consumer cameras. I am lucking if any of the 4 cameras line up on audio sync alone. It is close, a frame out maybe but for dance not good enough for me.

Ron Evans

Leave a comment:

• Red Union Films
    replied
    The best way to get accurate audio sync, is to shoot with a common timecode, if you can do it this way. This is also best for playback of pre-recorded audio. Remember that most cameras do not record audio and video to the exact same frame, usually there is a slight delay in the muxing of the two. Try recording a clapper board then look back at in any NLE using frame advance. You will find that when the board shuts that the sound is not exactly in time with the picture, for a lot of cameras. A camera that uses proper delay compensation would not usually do this. Either way, shooting with common timecode to your cameras and audio device, then matching timecodes in Edius. Is going to give you perfect sync.

Cheers.

Dave.

Leave a comment:

• Alade
    replied
    The flash method works great if you have the settings set for 'frame', but if you set it to 'field', you will miss that flash...trust me on that one......this happens because the flash will appear on a single field, and since the cameras dont record on the same fields at start, you may find that the flash is a field out, and that can drive you up a wall if you are not aware of it......plus that only works if you have a sitution where yo can actually see the flash...I use audio, and I get it right in a very short time.....I cant remember using the waveforms, but what I do is select a sound, put a 'node' at that point, search for the same point on the next tape, and would nudge the clip a frame at a time till I get them synced, and repeat it with the other tracks.....I have been doing this from V.1, and I never have a problem......works perfect all the time.....It is only lately that I observe waveforms, but my old ways take over each time...

Leave a comment:

• Bob Nilsen
    replied
    Ken, You just about have the 5.5 sync process down already. Re-read my post above about how I sync my cameras, using 5.5.
    Hint - I use audio nodes with a photo flash. Once you find the "photo-flash" and make a audio node for each camera, just move each time-line and line up the audio nodes. Edius is NOT auto sync, that I know of.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• kenb538
    replied
    Edius Multicam

Prior to using Edius 5.5, I used Multicam(a stand along program) to integrate different clips. They had a simple way to manually sync two different clips. First you marked the individual clip at a specific point, then you marked the others where you wanted to sync them, then there was a menu item: syn by clip mark, presto up to four cameras were instantly synced to the marks. In Edius, it is a bit confusing with the time codes and then and a asynchronus mode for manually aligning the tracks. I do not see a description on how to mark the tracks and then synchronize the tracks at the marks. Any help would be appreciated

Leave a comment:

• kenb538
    replied
    Multicam Sync

I am starting to use Edius 5.5 for video editing with multiple cameras. I previously used the stand alone Multicam program for editing video from three cameras. The material was from a dance production and the video was not recorded with a timecode. To sync the three video streams, I was able to mark each of the tracks at the appropriate point(usually a light flash) and then press a syn button and viola, the three tracks would be in perfect syn. Can the multicam in the edius program be used in the same manner, marking each of the tracks and then pressing a syn button.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Nilsen
    replied
    Mike,
    I understand your wish to make it better. I just finished up a outside video, on a very sunny day. My back camera was about 40 feet away from the B & G and my other camera. I could not use the music to find my sync point. I finally found it when they kissed. Good thing my cameras stay running through the whole wedding. The only other way to have a sync point without looking at the audio/video, is from time code. If you set the cameras up to free-run and can start them together, than you can stop/pause and the time code stays right. If your cameras can be setup to free-run.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Michael1962
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Nilsen View Post
    Mike, Do you have the audio set to linear view? In your Utube video, Is pretty much like I set my audio. I use Audio Nodes, as the mark.

Bob
    Yes I use linear. The Utube video is the late great Avid Liquid 7 (RIP). I use the audio nodes as well in edius to sync it works, but it could be a lot better.
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• Peterjames
    replied
    In the good old days when I was using Adobe Premier 6.5 it was very easy to add markers directly to clips that were on the timeline. Very useful for syncing etc. Edius markers are useless to me, have requested them similar to premier 6.5 but still waiting!

Leave a comment:

• Bob Nilsen
    replied
    Mike, Do you have the audio set to linear view? In your Utube video, Is pretty much like I set my audio. I use Audio Nodes, as the mark.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Michael1962
    replied
    Using a waveform to sync is not just about multicaming. I just shot a beach wedding on Saturday. They play wedding music from a small radio for the bride entrance and their exit. It's hard to hear the music over wind, people, birds, waves and the surf in the video so I dubb an mp3's over it. I do a lot of outdoor and beach weddings I have 5 in April. Thats a lot of audio waveform syncing plus I do 2 cameras syncing in my wedding vids and as I mentioned in the bright sunlight at the beach it's hard to see camera flashes so I use waveform again. Now I worked with what I could in Edius so I put a sequence marker for the top clip and used a audio key frame dot to guide me to slide to the sequence marker.
    Thanks Mike

Leave a comment:

Working...
X