EDIUS not rendering timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDIUS not rendering timeline

Hi there! One thing has been happening to my EDIUS for a few weeks now. I'm editing and I apply effects that make the timeline impossible to read in real time. I try rendering all the timeline, but the red parts of the timeline turn yellow, and when I try playing over them, the video freezes again. So I keep rendering eternally without a sign of a solution. Does anyone know what could be happening?

Thanks!

3,07 gigahertz Intel Core i7 950
    64 kilobyte primary memory cache
    256 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    8192 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
    64-bit ready
    Multi-core (4 total)
    Hyper-threaded (8 total)

12 Gb RAM

Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P6T DELUXE V2 Rev 1.xx
    Bus Clock: 133 megahertz

ATI Radeon HD 4670

Edius 6.05

Windows 7 - 64 bit

my EDIUS for a few weeks now

please, give us a hint ....about the version, and about what for effects....
    CentralEurope aka Hans
    voluntary / unpaid moderator from the german GV-forum ... Edius 4.61 up to Edius 9.xx
    i9-7980XE 18cores/36threads - M.2 960PRO 512GB - M.2 970PRO 1TB - div. 2 or4TB disks - 32GB DDR4-3600 - GTX 1080 8GB - Win_10prof
    [the AMD 1950X 16cores / 32 threads = go return because of massive problems, Not only I had these problems]

Comment

Sorry, I have EDIUS 6.02.
      The effects I'm using are simply Diffusion and a bit of color balance, but it's the Diffusion effect that causes the problems in playback.
      Thanks

64-bit ready
      Multi-core (4 total)
      Hyper-threaded (8 total)

12 Gb RAM

ATI Radeon HD 4670

Edius 6.05

Windows 7 - 64 bit

Comment

Hi Dock. Are you using the Diffusion effect from the Video Essentials for Edius bundle? If so, the version that was included with Edius 6 did have this rendering problem. You can download the updated version from our website:

http://www.newbluefx.com/downloads/W...ius6Bundle.exe

Comment

Originally posted by Dockelektro View Post
          Sorry, I have EDIUS 6.02.
          The effects I'm using are simply Diffusion and a bit of color balance, but it's the Diffusion effect that causes the problems in playback.
          Thanks
          set in and out over non realtime area and press Shift+Q, done
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I'll try updating the video essentials with the link you provided.
            I'll keep in touch.

64-bit ready
            Multi-core (4 total)
            Hyper-threaded (8 total)

12 Gb RAM

ATI Radeon HD 4670

Edius 6.05

Windows 7 - 64 bit

Comment

Having issues with audio not rendering . Glitches when it hits audio keyframes even after rendering the clip or rendering in-out all. Video has already been shift-q'd and there are only 4 stereo tracks.

A couple audio tracks are 24 bit on a 16 bit timeline (1080 24p 8bit video, 16 bit 48k audio project). Running an i7 920 6gb ram.

Comment

I have never seen an issue where rendering did not solve it. But can you convert the 24 bit audio to 16 bit and then try that?

Comment

This is a strange I have not seen a system yet which cannot play four tracks of audio in real time without any issue.

Unless of course mp3 is used?
                  Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 03-29-2011, 12:45 PM.
                  Steve

Get the Latest version of EDIUS:
                  EDIUS Download (grassvalley.com)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

I have seen this when the audio mixer is open and set to the wrong mode where the buffer will be depleted, then stutter happens
                    Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

With four channels I have not seen it yet.
                      Steve

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                        I have seen this when the audio mixer is open and set to the wrong mode where the buffer will be depleted, then stutter happens
                        mixer was/is closed. It's really starting to p!ss me off! Never had this problem before.

Comment

what are the audio clip properties?

what is the buffer showing when stutter happens
                          Anton Strauss

Comment

Originally posted by Denwa View Post
                            mixer was/is closed. It's really starting to p!ss me off! Never had this problem before.
                            Are you sure you don't have any thirdparty effect on the video above the clips which stutter?

To test create a new v track above the last video track . Disable the Audio (so you don't get tone), add a color bar in the V track. Now play back the timeline.
                            What happens?
                            Steve

Comment

Ill check this tomorrow.

I ended up printing audio to a file then importing that audio file onto another track and muted the others. Had to output for delivery yesterday so didn;t have time to check anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X