Edius 6 Crashes all the time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius 6 Crashes all the time

I have just loaded Edius 6 and it crashes at every move - I have a suspect and need some advice. The footage I am using is on 2 sd cards in avchd. card 1 is a cheap sd I got of ebay and started to play up while filming so i swapped and used a more reputable card. the rushes from the better card seem to be ok but as soon as I import the rushed off the cheap card it sets the programme in a spin and it crashes at the slightest thing. can I convert the bad card rushes to another format and will this stabilise the programme, do I need to convert all the rushes to keep it stable?

Have you Tried to Copy the SD Contents to the HDD Drive and then Importing them into Edius?

Need More Info, What Sort of Camera, Specs On PC, Windows OS Version, and How are you tring to Import these Files into Edius?

Originally posted by AndyP1316 View Post
    I have just loaded Edius 6 and it crashes at every move - I have a suspect and need some advice. The footage I am using is on 2 sd cards in avchd. card 1 is a cheap sd I got of ebay and started to play up while filming so i swapped and used a more reputable card. the rushes from the better card seem to be ok but as soon as I import the rushed off the cheap card it sets the programme in a spin and it crashes at the slightest thing. can I convert the bad card rushes to another format and will this stabilise the programme, do I need to convert all the rushes to keep it stable?
    Many thanks
    Dipesh Parmar (DIP)
    Unreel Eyes - http://unreeleyes.com

Hardware Used with Edius: -
    (3 x System with : - Intel i7 X990, Asus P6T Deluxe V2M/B, 24GB DDR3 Ram, Leadtek FX5000 & FX4000 Quadro Card, 2x 2TB Raid (1+0) Hard Disk Drive Setup, 6TB x 4 Network Storage Drive, Pionner & Sony Blu-Ray Drive, Firewire 800 + 400 PCI-e Card, Canopus NX PCI-e Card with Breakout Box, Canopus edius 6.51, 6.51, and edius 6.07).

Comment

Register E6 if you havn't already and go to the Downloads section and in the Utilities you will find the AVCHD2HQ converter
      Download the file and install
      Set up the folder and format you want to convert to, I use CanopusHQ for all AVCHD files, then drag the files from the card to the icon on the desk top and see if that helps
      or
      Right click the files in the BIN and select convert to CanopusHQ
      Either may help
      I all may fail if the problem with the card is too bad
      If that fails and you have TMPGenc Express or Video Master Works may be of use but no promises

Although EDIUS can work well on my system with NATIVE HD files, I always convert to HQ and have ZERO problems, no lockups etc

Regards Barry
      Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
      GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
      Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
      Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

Comment

Hi Bluetongue
        Thanks, have downloaded converter and done the deed - it looks like the right fix - I have managed to do a full mornings editing without a single crash! cheers mate!! do you have trick for batch conversion without going through the Edius Bin - once the file are seen in the bin it starts crashing even if you are trying to convert?? I have had to convert from the file one at a time - didn't take too long but missed a few.

Clip 79 - tried importing from card, from expansion drive and internal HDD nothing worked.

PC Dell studio 8000xps, win7 64 BIT, i7 quad 2.80GHz, 12.0 GB RAM, 1.5TB HDD, dual monitor. camera Panasonic AG-HMC71E

Comment

i have same pc and all working fine for me

try updating yer video card drivers.
          try turning aero theme off
          make sure screen res is a standard one
          make sure u have full colour depth
          un install klite codec pack if u have that

few things to try

Comment

Originally posted by AndyP1316 View Post
            Hi Bluetongue
            Thanks, have downloaded converter and done the deed - it looks like the right fix - I have managed to do a full mornings editing without a single crash! cheers mate!! do you have trick for batch conversion without going through the Edius Bin - once the file are seen in the bin it starts crashing even if you are trying to convert?? I have had to convert from the file one at a time - didn't take too long but missed a few.
            Using the AVCHD converter I select all the files on the Camera card and drag across to the converter on the desktop
            The converter then does 4 at a time, probably due to the 4 cores and then I bring them into the BIN and if the camera has split the files due to size the converter stitches them together
            MAX no of files to use is 50 or the converter spits the dummy
            The file you had clip 79 that causes problems could be corupt, does the AVCHD converter handle it? So far I have not had any corrupt files but I have used only SANDISK Extreme 30Mb/s cards

Glad it helped
            Regards Barry
            Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
            GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
            Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
            Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

Comment

Originally posted by Bluetongue View Post
              Using the AVCHD converter I select all the files on the Camera card and drag across ...
              But how much does AVCHD file deteriorates?
              A lonesome traveler looking for lost tribes around the world: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdv...DrZCaaw/videos
              CPU: Intel i9 7940X
              MOTHERBOARD: Asus PRIME X299-DELUXE
              VIDEOCARD: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti
              SSD Drive:
              (C) 512GB Samsung 960 EVO PCIe M.2 NVMe (for Windows 10)
              (D) 1TB Samsung 960 EVO PCIe M.2 NVMe

Comment

None because you are going to a better, less compressed codec.
                You also are going from 4:2:0 to 4:2:2
                Steve

Get the Latest version of EDIUS:
                EDIUS Download (grassvalley.com)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
                  None because you are going to a better, less compressed codec.
                  You also are going from 4:2:0 to 4:2:2
                  I'm sorry if I don't understand your answer. I know Edius 6 can save to Canopus HQX Fine or Superfine. I think HQX is better than HQ and AVCHD converter converts to HQ.
                  Thanks to clear my ideas
                  A lonesome traveler looking for lost tribes around the world: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdv...DrZCaaw/videos
                  CPU: Intel i9 7940X
                  MOTHERBOARD: Asus PRIME X299-DELUXE
                  VIDEOCARD: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti
                  SSD Drive:
                  (C) 512GB Samsung 960 EVO PCIe M.2 NVMe (for Windows 10)
                  (D) 1TB Samsung 960 EVO PCIe M.2 NVMe

Comment

Ulisse,

You are saving from a format that is highly compressed (AVCHD) into a format (Canopus HQ) that have enough scope (or capacity) to fully encompass that original AVCHD format.

Put it in another way - if I have a one litre bottle of water - and if I pour that one litre into a 2 litre bottle, all the water in the original bottle will still be inside that larger 2 litre bottle. Understand?

In this example, AVCHD video format will be the 1 litre bottle. Canopus HQ will be the 2 litre bottle.

You don't need HQX at all to save AVCHD files - just HQ is good enough (unless your recorder is 10 bits capable).
                    TingSern
                    --------------------------------------
                    Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

I also think if anyone is that concerned about quality they should bypass the avchd compression in the first place.
                      An external recorder (sdi) which does 4:2:2 50 to 100mbps would be better. Most likely those files would be used in EDIUS without any need for converting.
                      Steve

Get the Latest version of EDIUS:
                      EDIUS Download (grassvalley.com)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

HQX is great for color correction etc. You won't make 8bit video better but effects will be applied at the 10bit level.

Comment

Working...
                        X