• Show
Clear All

• pjsssss
    replied
    The ProRes 422 has worked best for me.

Leave a comment:

• DMS Video
    replied
    Thanks everyone for your responses. I tried converting the .mov files to canopus hq as well as several other types of which didn't work. I also went into Quick Time Player (pro) and tried many different formats to export but it still didn't fix the problem. If I have the other editor (who is going to be learning Edius VERY soon, lol) re-export the original clips, what settings would work best knowing I'm going to bring the footage into Edius to color correct and output to DVD? I know noting about FCP (and now I really don't want know) so should he use compressor (pro res or something else) or somehow export from the timeline? Again I don't know the correct settings he should use being on a mac.

Thanks again.

David

Leave a comment:

• NakedEye
    replied
    What are the audio properties of the file? is it 12bit 3200KHz? if so are you able to open the file in soundforge or such like and resample the audio.

Prores works well between FCP and Edius if your man can re export for you if all else fails.

Leave a comment:

• PaulTV
    replied
    seriously, you may need this:-

http://www.calibratedsoftware.com/QXD.asp

download and test before purchase, it worked for me on impossible cross platform files, when nothing else worked.. good to have in your toolbox.

Paul :-)

Leave a comment:

• THoff
    replied
    If you have QuickTime Pro, you can save the file in a different format from within QuickTime Player.

Leave a comment:

• dip79
    replied
    Argee with the Convert... Use Procoder or Something to Convert From *.MOV File to AVI or What ever you like it should in most cases sort out your problem. Or Get your mate to export from FCP a WAV or Audio File for the video.

Originally posted by DMS Video View Post
    It's been a while since I've been able to visit the Edius boards but today I encountered an unusual scenario that finally brings me back. I have another editor who created a .mov file in Final Cut Pro. He rendered-out the file to an external drive that was formated fat32. I copied the file to my pc. It plays perfectly in the quick time player that just happens to be on my pc. However when I bring a couple of the clips onto the Edius timeline the audio is totally out of sync. I tried all types of remedies including changing different values and settings that didn't help. I decided to look at the wav form for each clip, which is the same length as each clip, but approximately 80% of the way through there is no audio. So by brining it into Edius it not only loses sync but it's also shorter. I'm hoping this is one of those "you forgot to do such and such" but I can't get it. Any ideas?

Glad to be back.

Leave a comment:

• Alade
    replied
    Use ProCoder, or some other converter, and convert the clips to .avi, and PCM (wave) audio....that has happened to me a few times, and had me puzzled, until I did a convertion.

Leave a comment:

• Working with a problematic file created in FCP in Edius

It's been a while since I've been able to visit the Edius boards but today I encountered an unusual scenario that finally brings me back. I have another editor who created a .mov file in Final Cut Pro. He rendered-out the file to an external drive that was formated fat32. I copied the file to my pc. It plays perfectly in the quick time player that just happens to be on my pc. However when I bring a couple of the clips onto the Edius timeline the audio is totally out of sync. I tried all types of remedies including changing different values and settings that didn't help. I decided to look at the wav form for each clip, which is the same length as each clip, but approximately 80% of the way through there is no audio. So by brining it into Edius it not only loses sync but it's also shorter. I'm hoping this is one of those "you forgot to do such and such" but I can't get it. Any ideas?

Glad to be back.
Working...
X