Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layout tool - Edius 6.01

Hello,

I have really serious problem with the layout tool (F7) and before asking I made the effort to read a lot of posts but did not understand very well (my poor English) what where exactly : if yes or no the tool has decrease of quality since Edius 5.51

So here is my problem : Using a still image in high resolution (5100 x 7019)
    I create a zoom until I reach the 100 % ratio.

During the zoom (40 seconds of zooming) the image is jittering... and it' not nice.

I have also seen other people wanting of deciding to go back to 5.51

So I just need advice (... reliable as Anton Strauss) to know if the problem are serious or... coming from another aspect. As a director of Industrial films it's important to know if it's already time to upgrade...

Yvon alias Haddock from Belgium
    Yvon durieux alias "Haddock" Belgium GMT + 2

Sorry for my poor english, I am french native speaking

Main System: Azus Z87 Pro, [email protected], 16gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 630, Windows 7 Pro 64, Samsung 840 pro, Edius 8.53.2808 WG and 9.54.6706 + NXexpress or HDspark, 2T separate video SSD.

First you should start by upgrading to 6.02.
    There have been some improvement in the layouter.
    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Be sure to aviod .jpg's and resize to lower rez using another app. like PS or Gimp.
      Rusty Rogers | Films
      >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
      >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
      Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
        First you should start by upgrading to 6.02.
        There have been some improvement in the layouter.
        Thanks for the info... so I have done the upgrade.

No progress at all. Same jittery and trembling during the zoom...

It seems it not append with 5.5.

I am really disapointed with this point who is essential in industrial films to focus on a graph or on a detail in a table ...

Any other news from other users ?

Yvon alias Haddock from Belgium

Main System: Azus Z87 Pro, [email protected], 16gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 630, Windows 7 Pro 64, Samsung 840 pro, Edius 8.53.2808 WG and 9.54.6706 + NXexpress or HDspark, 2T separate video SSD.

Comment

Do you have Imaginate? It no longer plugs-in directly to Edius 6, but you could use Imaginate for your zoom effect, and render (export) it as an .avi file and bring it into your Edius project.

There may be other still image programs you could use, other than Imaginate, but I don't know of any others, myself.
          Regards,

Jon

#1: Iwill DK8N, 2 x 270 Opterons, 2 Gb RAM, WinXPPro-32, Edius 5.51, NX PCI-X & HDV Expansion, ProCoder 3, Imaginate 2, Sony WV-DR9, Sony EDV-9500, Sony GV-D200.
          #2: Asus P5E, Q9400, WinXPPro-32, Edius 6.07, HD Spark
          #3: Edius SP with Breakout Box, Win10, Edius 7.53

Comment

Originally posted by Thor View Post
            Do you have Imaginate? It no longer plugs-in directly to Edius 6, but you could use Imaginate for your zoom effect, and render (export) it as an .avi file and bring it into your Edius project.

There may be other still image programs you could use, other than Imaginate, but I don't know of any others, myself.
            Yes, I have and use it for many years, it's a wonderfull tools and it works perfectly. I don't understand why Edius didn't keep this plug'in available.

Imaginate is mature and don't need any upgrade as it is. I will never complain
            if Imaginate 2.00.0.49 is the last release. It works well and for 99.99% of my needs it's perfect.... Should I pay each year a raisonnable price to have this plug'in working in 6.02... I would accept. F7 is not working and much more complicated and less flexible...

Comment

Based on this issue, I recently upgraded from Edius 4 to 5.51 (The Sweet Spot), which is where I will stay for awhile, because everthing works just about perfectly (Imaginate IVT files, Blu-ray Disc burning). And many thanks to the forum members and Grass Valley folks that provided the information here that led me to this decision.

It is a darn shame about Imaginate, but the Grass Valley folks have made it quite clear, repeatedly, that Imaginate is not, and will never be, developed any further by anyone in the company.
              Regards,

Jon

#1: Iwill DK8N, 2 x 270 Opterons, 2 Gb RAM, WinXPPro-32, Edius 5.51, NX PCI-X & HDV Expansion, ProCoder 3, Imaginate 2, Sony WV-DR9, Sony EDV-9500, Sony GV-D200.

Comment

Based on this issue, I recently upgraded from Edius 4 to 5.51 (The Sweet Spot), which is where I will stay for awhile, because everthing works just about perfectly (Imaginate IVT files, Blu-ray Disc burning). And many thanks to the forum members and Grass Valley folks that provided the information here that led me to this decision.

It is a darn shame about Imaginate, but the Grass Valley folks have made it quite clear, repeatedly, that Imaginate is not, and will never be, developed any further by anyone in the company.
                Thanks for the quick answer. I appreciate your wisdom and may be will do the same... after having consulting my provider

Comment

Hello John,

...and thanks for your answer. I didn't use the 5.51 version because the 3Dpip was to slow compare de 4.61.

But today I am with a new z400 (8 core) of HP 8GB of memory and windows 7 pro 64. and Edius 6.02 .... not working stabely.

So with this hardware do you think that Edius 5.51 will manage 3Dpip at an acceptable speed.

Thanks for advice

Comment

Dear Haddock,

If I were you (and if I had the time), I would take a new hard drive, and install win-7 and Edius 5 and then update to 5.51, to see how it works.

Save your old boot drive, and reinstall it if Edius 5.51 doesn't work better.

I think trying to uninstall Edius 6 and then re-install Edius 5 on top of it may cause problems with the Windows registry, etc.

I think that any software should run extremely fast with 8 cores and 8 gb of RAM!

All the best,
                    Regards,

Jon

Comment

As previously stated in a different subject, the Layout tool is similar to Adobe 4 2D/3D effect. It is helpful in some video applications but for stills, sorry, no way. I can't wrap my brain around it, why Imaginate is not part of Edius 6. So far Edius 6 has been a total disappointment for me.

Ted

Comment

Originally posted by COMPLETE VIDEO IMAGE View Post
                        So far Edius 6 has been a total disappointment for me.
                        There is still hope, I hope for stills .................... and E6, still a long way to 6.61 ;)

Imaginate and the rest of the ever growing list, may they be resurrected soon ! (or improved and incorporated in Edius would also be fine)

Comment

Dear Haddock,

If I were you (and if I had the time), I would take a new hard drive, and install win-7 and Edius 5 and then update to 5.51, to see how it works.

Save your old boot drive, and reinstall it if Edius 5.51 doesn't work better.

I think trying to uninstall Edius 6 and then re-install Edius 5 on top of it may cause problems with the Windows registry, etc.

I think that any software should run extremely fast with 8 cores and 8 gb of RAM!

All the best,

Thanks for the follow-up and the pertinent commentary about registry.

Comment

You are very welcome. Good luck!
                            Regards,

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by COMPLETE VIDEO IMAGE View Post
                              As previously stated in a different subject, the Layout tool is similar to Adobe 4 2D/3D effect. It is helpful in some video applications but for stills, sorry, no way.
                              In Imaginate, the camera is fixed, you move the image.
                              In EDIUS Layouter, you move the camera, the image is fixed.

Comment

Working...
                              X