• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    redgum

• redgum
    replied
    Originally posted by Dockelektro View Post
    Not that I know of, What's ProDAD Heroglyph?
    The error is certainly a ProDad problem that often occurs with Heroglyph (their titler) but also with Vitascene on some systems. The error usually only occurs when one of those programs has been physically used. Having the program installed won't create the error.
    Unfortunately, once you have used this program in a specific project removing the effect/title won't solve the problem. It appears more common in x64bit software.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    Demystifier/Analogizer

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    0xc0000005 is often a RAM issue (usually the equivalent of a null pointer reference).

Another question for you... What files and components were common between all the "broken" systems?

Clips, peripherals, drives?

Leave a comment:

• Philip

• Philip
    replied
    Originally posted by Dockelektro View Post
    My EDIUS has been stable for the past week. Probably some problem with the footage. Yet something keeps happening - everytime I exit the program, it shows me a message:

"RunTime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grass Valley\EDIUS6\EDIUS.exe

R6025
    -pure virtual function call"

Then I try to close this window and it shows me another one:

"EDIUS.exe (6.0.0.18) Exception 0xc0000005 ---

For solving this problem :
    Press the 'Ok' button for saving a Dump-File.

Please note. You must send the protocol-files and the dump-file to proDAD.

[email protected]"

I press Ok all the time, but it's no good. I have to force shutdown it every time.

Well.... at least I can work!
    From time to time I've gotten errors like that when I exited Edius (not in 6.0 but in previous versions) and it was alway when I had a VST audio filter in use on my timeline. The project was not harmed and was good next time I opened it up but it was annoying. It sounds like the errors are related to 3rd party plugins or filters. The last error sounds like ProDad/Vitascene. Did you use any Vitascene filters/transitions in your project? If so my guess is those are the cause of the problem. There is supposed to be an updated to the Edius 6 plugin for Vitascene. If you haven't already run the update it may be worth trying out. My guess is that is the root of those errors. At least you are up and running.

Leave a comment:

• Dockelektro

• Dockelektro
    replied
    Not that I know of, What's ProDAD Heroglyph?

Leave a comment:

• redgum

• redgum
    replied
    Are you running ProDad Heroglyph?

Leave a comment:

• Dockelektro

• Dockelektro
    replied
    My EDIUS has been stable for the past week. Probably some problem with the footage. Yet something keeps happening - everytime I exit the program, it shows me a message:

"RunTime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grass Valley\EDIUS6\EDIUS.exe

R6025
    -pure virtual function call"

Then I try to close this window and it shows me another one:

"EDIUS.exe (6.0.0.18) Exception 0xc0000005 ---

For solving this problem :
    Press the 'Ok' button for saving a Dump-File.

Please note. You must send the protocol-files and the dump-file to proDAD.

[email protected]"

I press Ok all the time, but it's no good. I have to force shutdown it every time.

Well.... at least I can work!

Leave a comment:

• Denwa

• Denwa
    replied
    Go through your services and disable those that are obviously not needed. While you are in there DISABLE the INDEX service. Indexing causes 90% of "slow editing" problems.

Make sure you have the latest chipset updates for your mainboard. Might also want to check your Motherboard manufacture for any bios or other updates. Check the change log and see if any fixes are relevant.

(Laptop users be careful here, especially if out of warranty since I don't know of any laptops that use a bios backup and flashing bios especially through windows is notorious for killing mainboards).

Update you graphics driver, sound drivers etc.

Now go tot the registry and check (regedit):
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Run
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Run-

for stuff that does NOT need to load up at startup (usualy in "Run").

Also check:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run

If you don't know what something is in those registry areas then google the name of the process/file first.

Now, pop into the bios and check settings. CPU and Memory settings can really influence speed and stability etc. Helps if you know what you are doing here though.

Bad memory can cause crashes. X58 MB's (for i7) have had issues with memory sets. Really picky I tell yuh. Sometimes you have to drop the timing back a bit to avoid crashes during renders.

Leave a comment:

• RonnieMartin

• RonnieMartin
    replied
    Sorry you have had so much trouble. When I first started editing another computer challenged fellow and I tried to build an editing machine. For over 6 months I pulled out most of the hair I had left trying to get the darn thing to run properly. It is really embarrassing to think of how much time and money was wasted with that machine. It was a very expensive learning process. Since that time, I have had many Editing machines all custom built by well known builders. This has saved me tons of money, time and heartache.

My experience would suggest to have one of the Edius well known builders build you a custom machine and keep it pure and simple. Get you a KVM switch and put all the other software on another machine (maybe the one you are trying to get to work now) and keep both of them at least 10 feet from your internet connection. Link the two computers with a network. Any up dates or upgrades that you download from GV use your internet machine. Burn the updates/upgrades to a disk or thumb drive and scan them with your anti virus software before loading to your editing machine.

This may seem like a very expensive process at first. However, I must tell you that for almost 20 years it has worked flawlessly for me.

Time is the most precious and valuable commodity that we have. We all learn from our trials and mistakes.

I have tried several software editing platforms and found that Canopus/Edius/GrassValley to be the most stable and efficient of all. I go back to the early 90's with Rex Edit 1.0 and never looked back.

I hope that you solve your problems soon. When you get a stable machine that runs correctly you will enjoy Edius I am sure.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Take care

Ronnie

Leave a comment:

• andris

• andris
    replied
    You have given us the impression that your system as a whole is troubled.
    Are you now saying that you only have problems with Edius editing just the one file or project?

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss

• pjsssss
    replied
    Have you tried any other type of footage? Try different footage and different formats.

Leave a comment:

• Dockelektro

• Dockelektro
    replied
    Once again, thanks for the advice. Anyway, I have to keep the programs in order to mantain my workflow. I think this has something to do with the footage, not quite sure what.

Leave a comment:

• dpalomaki

• dpalomaki
    replied
    The idea of starting with a clean machine, and adding apps slowly untilyou find the one that is causing the issue.

One issue with Skype may be allowing it load and run as a TSR in the background waiting for calls. That might present the intermittent problem you saw where it worked one day and not the next.

Serious editing is best performed on a separate maching from one use for general purpose computing adn associatd applications that can be robbing clock cycles for other stuff. I use a KVM switch to separate the "boxes" from one set of works surface components (keyboard, mouse, monitors) and fidn that to work well for me.

Leave a comment:

• andris

• andris
    replied
    In my opinion what you should do now is :

1/. Reinstall the OS (Win 7 64x)
    Seriously consider reformatting the HDD first.
    2/. Update all drivers
    Though I personally think this is optional at this point in time and could be done later. This can be very time consuming and possibly make no difference whatsoever to the correct operation of Edius on a 'clean instal'.
    3/. Install Edius.
    Resist the temptation to install other programs! Do not install anything that isn't absolutely essential as this saves time and can be done later.
    4/. Use the system and see how it performs.
    Based on the amount of trouble you are reporting, possibly you will know within a day or so if the PC is fixed or not.

If your system is still troubled you can assume it's a hardware issue.

I battled for 6 months with Dell over a PC that kept occasionally crashing. Dell on-line service kept blaming software (like Edius) and I repeated the above procedure three times but with no benefit. The system passed all hardware checks yet still kept crashing randomly whilst running Edius & other programs. Eventually Dell sent out a technician who came prepared with a full set of PCBs to replace every card in the unit, which he did without hesitation. Since then it has never crashed again. Intel i7 870 Win 7 64x 4MB RAM Edius 6.02

Leave a comment:

• Dockelektro

• Dockelektro
    replied
    Narrowed this down: like yesterday, saved the project into a new file, deleted all bins and reimported all the footage. it now looks stable. But will it do this to me all the time? Can something be wrong with the footage?

Leave a comment:

• Dockelektro

• Dockelektro
    replied
    Please, I really need an answer. If the problem is not software, can it be the footage?? EDIUS doesn't crash as long as I don't play any video. But how is it explainable that yesterday I managed to work for a whole day without any problem and today I fire up my PC and this happens??

Leave a comment:

Working...
X