No announcement yet.

How can I DOWNGRADE from 6.02?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have both Nero 10 and Skype installed (as well as Kaspersky anti virus, Microsoft Office, Adobe Production Suite CS5 etc.) and am running Edius v6.02 without any problems (apart from the noted bugs that v6.02 has). My PC is really an all "purpose machine" and has functioned as that since I have had PC's. I have used Edius since version 1 as well as Premiere, and expect the programs to function correctly, one cannot have a different PC for each software package, that would be rediculous! Properly designed software should work correctly on pretty well any standard use PC.
    i7 3930K, Win 10 pro 64 Bit.
    RAM 32 GB.
    ASUS P9X79-Deluxe.
    PS Thermaltake 1kW.
    Graphics Gigabyte GTX1660 OC.
    OS:Intel 535 SSD 480 GB, Data: two 2TB WD Cavier Black, RAID 0.
    Cameras: Sony EX1, AX100, x1000v, A7R4, DJI Mavic 2 Pro
    SW: Edius v8.53 WG & 9.52 WG, Vegas 17 Pro, CS6, Resolve Studio 16, Hitfilm 2017, Sound Forge 13, SpectraLayers Pro v6.0, Neat Video v5, Vistitle 2.8.5 TMPEnc VMWorks 7, Auth. Works 6, MochaPro v4.1, Robuskey, DVD Architect 7, 3D LUT Creator.

Comment

This shouldn't make sense, specially when I'm using a 3,2 Ghz PC with 12 Gb of Random Access Memory. My personal bet is that VLC and its codecs somehow managed to kill my editing system. Has anyone VLC installed and can still run EDIUS 6.02? On a HD Storm with Edius 5, no problems at all.

3,07 gigahertz Intel Core i7 950
      64 kilobyte primary memory cache
      256 kilobyte secondary memory cache
      8192 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
      64-bit ready
      Multi-core (4 total)
      Hyper-threaded (8 total)

12 Gb RAM

Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P6T DELUXE V2 Rev 1.xx
      Bus Clock: 133 megahertz

ATI Radeon HD 4670

Edius 6.05

Windows 7 - 64 bit

Comment

I would uninstall the latest VLC after I had install it I could not play HQ and HQX files outside EDIUS.
        When I uninstalled it everything returned to normal
        Steve

Get the Latest version of EDIUS:
        EDIUS Download (grassvalley.com)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

NO!!!
          It's freezing again!!! What on earth is going on here?!?
          Yesterday I worked all day without a problem. Today I opened EDIUS, and at the first glimpse of a video clip, it froze. I can even edit sound in the timelines, when it sees a video clip, it freezes.
          Also, it takes like 3 whole minutes to open the project.

And now I don't have no software to blame.
          I'm starting to feel sick...
          Dockelektro
          Last edited by Dockelektro; 02-24-2011, 10:34 AM.

64-bit ready
          Multi-core (4 total)
          Hyper-threaded (8 total)

12 Gb RAM

ATI Radeon HD 4670

Edius 6.05

Windows 7 - 64 bit

Comment

Do run any antivirus software?
            Steve

Get the Latest version of EDIUS:
            EDIUS Download (grassvalley.com)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

No, I'm not running any antivirus software.
              I restored the system (the same way I did yesterday), to the point where it all started working. It freezes nonetheless. If I open the project and start rendering, it stops rendering and just sits there. I will now try to rollback to EDIUS 6.01 and then upgrade (as I did yesterday).

Please tell me this has a solution. It's my third computer in a month!!!
              Dockelektro
              Last edited by Dockelektro; 02-24-2011, 12:02 PM.

64-bit ready
              Multi-core (4 total)
              Hyper-threaded (8 total)

12 Gb RAM

ATI Radeon HD 4670

Edius 6.05

Windows 7 - 64 bit

Comment

Please, I really need an answer. If the problem is not software, can it be the footage?? EDIUS doesn't crash as long as I don't play any video. But how is it explainable that yesterday I managed to work for a whole day without any problem and today I fire up my PC and this happens??

64-bit ready
                Multi-core (4 total)
                Hyper-threaded (8 total)

12 Gb RAM

ATI Radeon HD 4670

Edius 6.05

Windows 7 - 64 bit

Comment

Narrowed this down: like yesterday, saved the project into a new file, deleted all bins and reimported all the footage. it now looks stable. But will it do this to me all the time? Can something be wrong with the footage?

64-bit ready
                  Multi-core (4 total)
                  Hyper-threaded (8 total)

12 Gb RAM

ATI Radeon HD 4670

Edius 6.05

Windows 7 - 64 bit

Comment

In my opinion what you should do now is :

1/. Reinstall the OS (Win 7 64x)
                    Seriously consider reformatting the HDD first.
                    2/. Update all drivers
                    Though I personally think this is optional at this point in time and could be done later. This can be very time consuming and possibly make no difference whatsoever to the correct operation of Edius on a 'clean instal'.
                    3/. Install Edius.
                    Resist the temptation to install other programs! Do not install anything that isn't absolutely essential as this saves time and can be done later.
                    4/. Use the system and see how it performs.
                    Based on the amount of trouble you are reporting, possibly you will know within a day or so if the PC is fixed or not.

If your system is still troubled you can assume it's a hardware issue.

I battled for 6 months with Dell over a PC that kept occasionally crashing. Dell on-line service kept blaming software (like Edius) and I repeated the above procedure three times but with no benefit. The system passed all hardware checks yet still kept crashing randomly whilst running Edius & other programs. Eventually Dell sent out a technician who came prepared with a full set of PCBs to replace every card in the unit, which he did without hesitation. Since then it has never crashed again. Intel i7 870 Win 7 64x 4MB RAM Edius 6.02

Comment

The idea of starting with a clean machine, and adding apps slowly untilyou find the one that is causing the issue.

One issue with Skype may be allowing it load and run as a TSR in the background waiting for calls. That might present the intermittent problem you saw where it worked one day and not the next.

Serious editing is best performed on a separate maching from one use for general purpose computing adn associatd applications that can be robbing clock cycles for other stuff. I use a KVM switch to separate the "boxes" from one set of works surface components (keyboard, mouse, monitors) and fidn that to work well for me.

Comment

Once again, thanks for the advice. Anyway, I have to keep the programs in order to mantain my workflow. I think this has something to do with the footage, not quite sure what.

64-bit ready
                        Multi-core (4 total)
                        Hyper-threaded (8 total)

12 Gb RAM

ATI Radeon HD 4670

Edius 6.05

Windows 7 - 64 bit

Comment

Have you tried any other type of footage? Try different footage and different formats.

Comment

You have given us the impression that your system as a whole is troubled.
                            Are you now saying that you only have problems with Edius editing just the one file or project?

Comment

Sorry you have had so much trouble. When I first started editing another computer challenged fellow and I tried to build an editing machine. For over 6 months I pulled out most of the hair I had left trying to get the darn thing to run properly. It is really embarrassing to think of how much time and money was wasted with that machine. It was a very expensive learning process. Since that time, I have had many Editing machines all custom built by well known builders. This has saved me tons of money, time and heartache.

My experience would suggest to have one of the Edius well known builders build you a custom machine and keep it pure and simple. Get you a KVM switch and put all the other software on another machine (maybe the one you are trying to get to work now) and keep both of them at least 10 feet from your internet connection. Link the two computers with a network. Any up dates or upgrades that you download from GV use your internet machine. Burn the updates/upgrades to a disk or thumb drive and scan them with your anti virus software before loading to your editing machine.

This may seem like a very expensive process at first. However, I must tell you that for almost 20 years it has worked flawlessly for me.

Time is the most precious and valuable commodity that we have. We all learn from our trials and mistakes.

I have tried several software editing platforms and found that Canopus/Edius/GrassValley to be the most stable and efficient of all. I go back to the early 90's with Rex Edit 1.0 and never looked back.

I hope that you solve your problems soon. When you get a stable machine that runs correctly you will enjoy Edius I am sure.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Take care

Ronnie
                              Ronnie Martin
                              Kato Video Productions
                              main system: custom built by Edit HD Ultma 277,Intel (R) core (TM) i7 2600K cpu 3.40 GHz 3.40Ghz, 16GB ram, Windows 7, Intel HD (R) graphics 3000, NVIDA Gforce GT 440, C drive Samsung SSD 850 pro, video drive WD 3TB SATA, 2 LG Bluray drives, External WD SATA 2TB storage/backup drives in thermaltake Black device. edius 8.3 WG

Comment

Go through your services and disable those that are obviously not needed. While you are in there DISABLE the INDEX service. Indexing causes 90% of "slow editing" problems.

Make sure you have the latest chipset updates for your mainboard. Might also want to check your Motherboard manufacture for any bios or other updates. Check the change log and see if any fixes are relevant.

(Laptop users be careful here, especially if out of warranty since I don't know of any laptops that use a bios backup and flashing bios especially through windows is notorious for killing mainboards).

Update you graphics driver, sound drivers etc.

Now go tot the registry and check (regedit):
                                HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Run
                                HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Run-

for stuff that does NOT need to load up at startup (usualy in "Run").

Also check:
                                HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run

If you don't know what something is in those registry areas then google the name of the process/file first.

Now, pop into the bios and check settings. CPU and Memory settings can really influence speed and stability etc. Helps if you know what you are doing here though.

Bad memory can cause crashes. X58 MB's (for i7) have had issues with memory sets. Really picky I tell yuh. Sometimes you have to drop the timing back a bit to avoid crashes during renders.

Comment

Working...
                                X