Questions about upgrading to 6.02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about upgrading to 6.02

I am using 5.51 at the moment, but now that 6.02 has arrived, the time might be good to move up.

If I buy Edius 6, can I go straight to 6.02, or do I need 6.01 first?

I appreciate that it is good practise to finish existing projects, but I have some ongoing projects in 5.51. Can I install Edius 6 over 5.51 and hope all will still be there to carry on working with these projects?

Will I lose my FX user presets?
    Edius 8.53WG, Vistitle 2.8, Windows 10 x64 Pro Fall Update, Asus Z87 Pro, Intel i7-4770K, 16 GB 1600 Corsair Vengence LP RAM, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB, WD Black 2TB media drive, Intel HD 4600 GPU, MSI GTX660 2GB VGA, Coolermaster Silencio 652 case, Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler, Cakewalk UA-25EX USB audio interface, Cakewalk MA-15D monitor speakers, BM Intensity Pro 4K, PlextorPX-LB950SA BD writer, Dell U2410 Monitor

keep a copy of the 5.51 project files just incase - remember the video files still stay the same!

Comment

Do I have to install 6.01 first, before 6.02?
      Edius 8.53WG, Vistitle 2.8, Windows 10 x64 Pro Fall Update, Asus Z87 Pro, Intel i7-4770K, 16 GB 1600 Corsair Vengence LP RAM, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB, WD Black 2TB media drive, Intel HD 4600 GPU, MSI GTX660 2GB VGA, Coolermaster Silencio 652 case, Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler, Cakewalk UA-25EX USB audio interface, Cakewalk MA-15D monitor speakers, BM Intensity Pro 4K, PlextorPX-LB950SA BD writer, Dell U2410 Monitor

Comment

I don't think so. Edius has always been, when two updates come so close to each other the second one usually has the fixes that the first had...I have v.6, and went straight to 6.02, so you should be ok to update, and the projects will open in v6, just that you will not be able to open them in v5 should you decide to revert back to v5.......But I don't see why you would want to go back anyways....v6 is GREAT

Comment

Thank you.

Back to my third question...what happens to my FX user presets in 5.51?

Comment

Not sure if they remain,......I usually finish all my projects first before updating, and I think I still have most of them.....well, just checked an old project that was done in V5, and everything is still there, but, you have to launch it from the backup folder...I used the last backup icon...(right click, check time and date). If they are not in the effects folder, just copy them from the clips, and drag them back in place...think that is how I replaced some a while back

Comment

Originally posted by John Hooper View Post
              Thank you.

With every Major version change basic Edius out of the box filters & effects remain.
              If blending or other custom variations are used in a project and in the new version they are not there or work different you'll loose them.
              If you have used any third party tools install them before you open your project, it still might be a hit or miss (with third party tools that is)

Save you 6 project under a different name !

Comment

EDIUS Software v6.02 Update
                Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7
                This update contains new features, numerous improvements, bug fixes, and is an official localized version.

Note: This package can only upgrade an existing system. That is, you will need to have installed EDIUS v6.00 software. If you are installing on a fresh system, you will need to first install from your original EDIUS 6 media and then apply this update. You will also need to have your security dongle inserted.
                Anton Strauss
                Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by John Hooper View Post
                  Thank you.

John
                  If you install 6 over 5.51 and the user presets are based on Edius filters and presets then they should all come across, they did on mine anyway
                  If you have third party FX then you will need to download the latest update for E6 and reinstall
                  ALL Mercalli filters on clips on old projects WILL need to be redone with Mercalli 2, indicated by a BLACK line above the clip, Mercalli 1 no longer works
                  Boris FX no longer work in E6
                  Hope that helps
                  Regards Barry
                  Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
                  GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
                  Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
                  Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

Comment

Working...
                  X