P2 Import problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P2 Import problems

Can someone please tell us the quickest way to get P2 material straight into Edius?
    We have copied all the cards(5) onto a portable Drive(USB) but when we use OPEN FOLDER TO bring in the footage- the computer almost stops !

Try copying the files to your video drive inside the PC.

Some USB drives are far to slow for HD video even if they are plugged into a USB 2 socket.

Comment

I could understand if it was HD footage- but this is using DVCpro50- however, I'll try copying to the local drive- worth a try :)

Comment

If you have problems getting DVCPro50 into your PC via USB external drive, it tells me either your USB external drive or your USB Hub is not working properly. Do you have any USB 1.1 devices connected at the same time? Some cheap USB 2 Hubs have only one transmitter - so, if you connect ONE USB 1.1 device into it, all your devices will go at USB 1 speed.
        TingSern
        --------------------------------------
        Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

We ran some tests with different drives, and it seems to work fine on the local internal sata drive. I think you're right with the usb ports !

Comment

Working...
          X