"." you can slip frame by frame and with "shift"+"," and "shift"
    +"." you can slip 10 frames.

I liked the old way better, but it works for me. See what the
    future might bring.

Leave a comment:

• BenK63
    replied
    Originally posted by pjsssss View Post
    So by all means, please keep submitting feature requests but don't think that you are being ignored if it is not implemented.
    I fully agree that not every request can or should be implemented. But this request is not really about a new feature, it refers to the trimming functions that were present in EDIUS for several years and were taken out in version 4.0... with no evident reason (I don't think they interfere with the new trim mode).

Since trimming is one of the most used functions and really at the heart of an NLE, the loss of these shortcut functions has a huge impact on the working procedure of many of us.

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    I am sure I will antagonize some, but please don't think that just because something is requested by a few people here and it is not implemented in some update, that all is being ignored. I can tell you for a fact that these requests are looked at and taken seriously. There are many reasons that something may or may not be added or changed. It may be a time issue, it may be an encoding issue, it may be that it does not fit into the future direction of the NLE, etc.

Also it is an easy trap to fall into when we think that what is said on these forums indicates what the majority of users want. I am continually amazed when I travel around the country at how many Edius users know nothing about these forums.

So by all means, please keep submitting feature requests but don't think that you are being ignored if it is not implemented.

Leave a comment:

• Proton
    replied
    I agree with all those who want the old slip edit method back (it was hold down ALT and drag the clip, by the way).

I'd also like the video/audio split edit back (SHIFT + trim) please! Coloured clip ends don't do anything for me.

Other people have made these points when discussing desired features for 4.5, but they were ignored.

If someone in GV is worried that these are non-standard and might confuse Avid editors or something, they can be IN ADDITION TO the new Edius methods, or as a user-selectable option!

Please listen to your users!

Leave a comment:

• Martin_Gleeson
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_MD View Post
    If you are slip trim you don't place the mouse on tghe clip... you drag it up in the overlay window area.

I will have to try and get a tutorial out on this because it is WAY hard if you try to use the colored ends on the clips. :)

Mike
    I would think that a tutorial on trim mode would be very useful.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_MD View Post
    Anton... We are aware of the TM problem and they are working on it. Do not try to hijack another thread please.

Mike
    sorry, I will start a new thread about TM Pro and many other items, one by one

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_MD
    replied
    Anton... We are aware of the TM problem and they are working on it. Do not try to hijack another thread please.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Hi Mike

since my edit workflow is now slower than what it was in E3, I for one would certainly be interrested in any tutorial that can get me back to the same speed

<OT on> btw, I just edited a TV documentary, I spent 71 hours and had 136 TMPro related crashes, I made a stroke on a piece of paper every time the error popped or when TmPro vanished </OT off>

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_MD
    replied
    If you are slip trim you don't place the mouse on tghe clip... you drag it up in the overlay window area.

I will have to try and get a tutorial out on this because it is WAY hard if you try to use the colored ends on the clips. :)

Mike

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    when it comes to split trimming and trimming, I prefer Edius3 in many ways

don't like that new yellow and green business

Leave a comment:

• mattmatt
    replied
    I agree. I've found trim mode to be the longer way round in Edius - You can get there using normal edit mode quicker. Avid trim mode FTW!

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    I only use the trim mode to nudge. For me Keyboard shortcuts in normal mode are way Faster.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Is anyone using the keyboard shortcuts for Trim - Select Slip (no default key), and Trim -1 and +1 frame (default , and . for -1 and +1 frame)?

Leave a comment:

• BenK63
    replied
    Fully agree!
    Ben

Poll:
    http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...read.php?t=109

Leave a comment:

• PaulTV
    replied
    me too

Paul