Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marc44
    replied
    Exactly, I've many artifacts with PCE (horizontal/vertical)
    The link with Mark's solution seems great.
    Surely , I'll try it !

Marc

Leave a comment:

• Bluetongue
    replied
    Originally posted by rsn108 View Post
    Hi,

I have a question regarding converting HDV to DV in the Edius workflow. We are using HDV cameras (Sony FX1, Canon A1 and HV10) and capturing in Edius with Project Settings Generic OHCI HD 50Hz/HDCAM HDV 1080/50i, but our final output is to be 16:9 standard DVD format.

So my question is: at point should we make the conversion from HDV to DV? From the camera into the computer? Or when the footage is already in the computer, change the Project Settings to Generic OHCI SD PAL/DV 50i 16:9, 48kHz and then output to 16:9 MPEG2? Or leave the Project Settings as HDV and just output to regular DV MPEG2 from the HDV timeline.

I then have convert everything from PAL to NTSC, so it would be nice to find out at what point we should make that conversion.
    Thanks.
    Keep it in HDV as long as you can BUT be aware artifacts CAN occur on Moving Horizontal and Verticle lines but a fix is available,
    Look here http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...ead.php?t=5141
    Instead of Procoder 3 Proceder Express works just as well
    Regards Barry

Leave a comment:

• Marc44
    replied
    In a HDV project (Pal), when I convert HDV to MPEG2/SD by PCE, the video seems blurry, especially on titles.
    When I create a DV project, the sharpness is higher and titles fine.
    Is a workarond to avoid this ?

Marc

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_MD
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin_Gleeson View Post
    What about converting to one of the Canopus HQ codecs during capture? Surely this would give much better performance when editing a timeline?

Or, do you need an NX card with HD expansion for this?

Also, would that cause loss in quality.
    There is no loss in quality when capturing in the HQ codec and it makes it much easier on the CPU's while editing on the timeline.

Keep in mind that the file size is about 4X the size of HDV so your harddrives will have to be up to it.

Also, a Dual Core CPU should be enough to capture in HQ. I know that on a laptop when it was a Hyperthreading CPU it couldn't keep up but dualcore Laptop (three months later) had no problem at all. :)

Mike

Leave a comment:

• kwshaw1
    replied
    Originally posted by Khoi Pham View Post
    So are you saying that they have fix the bug with jaggie edges when making MPEG2 straight from a HDV timeline? I did not see that in the readme of 4.24.
    I've asked this same question in the User-reported issues forum, but haven't seen a response posted yet. If the problem isn't fixed you should definitely not render directly from an HD timeline to SD MPEG2 in Edius, as the results have been unacceptable. The best workflow is therefore to capture your footage as HDV and put it in a widescreen DV project for editing, from which you can render SD MPEG2 no problem. If you need both HD and SD output work in HD and render back to HDV from the timeline, then import that HDV file into a widescreen DV project to generate the SD MPEG2.

Basically, Edius will properly convert HDV to DV but not to MPEG2, and can convert DV to MPEG2.

Leave a comment:

• Martin_Gleeson
    replied
    What about converting to one of the Canopus HQ codecs during capture? Surely this would give much better performance when editing a timeline?

Or, do you need an NX card with HD expansion for this?

Also, would that cause loss in quality.

Leave a comment:

• Khoi Pham
    replied
    Originally posted by PaulTV View Post
    Best result is to use Procoder 2's Mastering Quality conversion to mpeg - much better than anything Express can do - direct from the HD timeline.

So are you saying that they have fix the bug with jaggie edges when making MPEG2 straight from a HDV timeline? I did not see that in the readme of 4.24.

Leave a comment:

• Timo
    replied
    mastering quality just makes sense with very special footage.
    Just variables like the motion detection and the seek-range is different to highest quality.

Leave a comment:

• PaulTV
    replied
    Best result is to use Procoder 2's Mastering Quality conversion to mpeg - much better than anything Express can do - direct from the HD timeline.

Leave a comment:

• Timo
    replied
    Leave the resolution as long as possible in High Def.
    The last step before authoring has to be the downconversion.
    Best choice is to use Procoder ( Express ) for downconversion during export to mpeg, but it is also possible to switch the settings to SD and export after that. The export itself will become significant faster and the internal Edius-scaler is not so bad.

Leave a comment:

• rsn108
    started a topic Converting HDV to DV

Converting HDV to DV

Hi,

I have a question regarding converting HDV to DV in the Edius workflow. We are using HDV cameras (Sony FX1, Canon A1 and HV10) and capturing in Edius with Project Settings Generic OHCI HD 50Hz/HDCAM HDV 1080/50i, but our final output is to be 16:9 standard DVD format.

So my question is: at point should we make the conversion from HDV to DV? From the camera into the computer? Or when the footage is already in the computer, change the Project Settings to Generic OHCI SD PAL/DV 50i 16:9, 48kHz and then output to 16:9 MPEG2? Or leave the Project Settings as HDV and just output to regular DV MPEG2 from the HDV timeline.

I then have convert everything from PAL to NTSC, so it would be nice to find out at what point we should make that conversion.

Thanks.
Working...
X