• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John123
    replied
    editing edius 6

Hi,
    i like to put smoking or fire effects to a building, can you use mask on the effects that smok and fire comes out from the window precisely.if so can you sent me an sample and explanation please,
    Thank you
    Last edited by John123; 09-19-2011, 10:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NoobieGuy
    replied
    Just wrting to confirm that multiple objects in the same mask is working great and as required.
    It does have its own little quirks but for anyone else wondering (and if you found this thread via a search in the future) you got to try it out yourself to see if it suits your needs.

Multiple masks is the "cleaner" option and easier to manage especially if your masks are close to each other.

Thanks again to everyone who replied on this thread.

Leave a comment:

• NoobieGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
    I have checked with engineering. 2 mask region one filter is working correctly.
    If 2 different filters are needed then you have to apply 2 mask filters.
    Sounds good, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_SL
    replied
    I have checked with engineering. 2 mask region one filter is working correctly.
    If 2 different filters are needed then you have to apply 2 mask filters.

Leave a comment:

• NoobieGuy
    replied
    "The only foolish question is the one that is not asked"

Happy I asked my question rather than to just assume "thats how its done" or "that feature may come later".

This has opened up a new method to me, thanks guys!

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_SL
    replied
    Yes I thought that's why you gave the flow of 2 masks. :)
    But the OP thought that you actually were saying that is was not possible. I just cleared things up..to stay accurate.

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    Very good point by Steve (that limitation is my understanding also). If you want only one filter for all multiple masks, use that technique. If you need different filters for the multiple windows, use the technique I suggested.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_SL
    replied
    You can have multiple mask region moving in one go. (single applied mask "layered")

The only thing you have to remember is that you have to keyframe them both.

Select first mask select transform and keyframe.
    Select second mask go to transform of the second mask and keyframe.

As you see there are separate controls.

The only downside (for some uses) is that you are limited to one filter for both mask regions....but I will check to make sure.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 01-10-2011, 08:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    You can still do the same thing with having multiple windows open of the different Masks. Adjust the mask in one window and then adjust the second mask in the second window, etc.. The cursor moves the same in all windows at once. A very cool feature.

Leave a comment:

• NoobieGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by pjsssss View Post
    It is better to have the mask in separate "layers" as that allows you to work on one without effecting the others.
    Being a photoshop user I get what you mean.
    But here was my problem:I needed to "censor / mosaic" two peoples faces who were in the same clip, it would have been nice if I could have moved the mask for both of them at the same time instead as I was "already there" instead of making a separate mask for each person. But since thats not an option, i had to start a new mask and go through the same thing as I had for mask 1 all over again.

Don't get me wrong, I love Edius and its functionality and am not bitching, just would have liked this added functionality as it would have saved me some time.

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    It is better to have the mask in separate "layers" as that allows you to work on one without effecting the others.

Leave a comment:

• NoobieGuy
    replied
    Once you are done with creating the Mask as you want it, right lick on Mask in the Information Palette and select Save as a User Preset.
    Ah Thanks!

you just need to Keep adding them to the clip as you are doing.
    Ok, so I am doing it right...
    I was wondering if there was a way to move multiple of these "objects" in one mask but you answered my Q as nope.

Thanks again PJSS!

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    Once you are done with creating the Mask as you want it, right lick on Mask in the Information Palette and select Save as a User Preset. That will save it back to the Effect Palette and then you can use it in the future just like a normal filter. You can have multiple Masks, you just need to Keep adding them to the clip as you are doing. Or if you save each as a User Preset, you can just drop them on a clip.

Leave a comment:

• NoobieGuy
    started a topic Masking question

Masking question

Hi,
    Quick questions about masking:

Basically, I add a mask on a clip... then double click the mask in the information window and then get the "masking interface".

Here I pick the filter (usually block) then pick the color, pick the shape, click the shape box on the bottom left so i can have region tracking and start adding my keyframes to start masking.

1. Can I save this preset filter, color, shape etc as I keep using the same thing over and over and always have to do these steps.

2. Is it possible to have two of these shapes masking and moving around two (for example) people? When I try to do two shapes only one moves, the other does not seem to have the "tracking bar" that i usually get for region tracking.

To solve this i usually add another mask filter from the main interface and do the above all over again.

Thanks!
Working...
X