DVD menue thumbnail pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD menue thumbnail pictures

Just trying out the print to DVD option and all is well except I can never get the thumbnail picture to show in the chapter menue, I just get a black thumbnail. I seem to be following the instructions for a thumbnail from the Edius timeline and the thumbnails show in the application but not on a burned DVD. Thanks for any help.
    Edius Workgroup 8, HDSpark - Asrock X79 Extreme6, Intel I7 3820 @ 4.6 Ghz, Intel RTS2011LC Water Cooler, Intel 120 GB 520 6Gb SSD, 16GB Corsair Quad Channel Memory, NVIDA GeForce GTX 550 TI, W7 Ultimate 64 bit

If you place your timeline markers in black video, there's a good chance you'll get a black thumbnail. My exerience sez the thumbnails are not all that accurate. Thankfully they're easily changed. Change your black thumbnails to your frame of choice and all should be right with the world!

Rusty
    Rusty Rogers | Films
    >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
    >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
    Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Thanks Rusty

I did have the timeline markers on black video but I was trying to change the thumbnail picture following the instructions but still only got black thumbnails on the DVD. After several more attempts I was able to change the thumbnail picture which now shows on the DVD.
      Edius Workgroup 8, HDSpark - Asrock X79 Extreme6, Intel I7 3820 @ 4.6 Ghz, Intel RTS2011LC Water Cooler, Intel 120 GB 520 6Gb SSD, 16GB Corsair Quad Channel Memory, NVIDA GeForce GTX 550 TI, W7 Ultimate 64 bit

Comment

I havn't read the manual yet...
        Maybe that's why I got it to work!

Rusty
        Rusty Rogers | Films
        >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
        >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
        Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
          My exerience sez the thumbnails are not all that accurate. Thankfully they're easily changed.
          So how exactly do you change the DVD thumbnails? Seems like I'm being asked to link to a picture file...is there an easier way?
          Edius 6.5 on Lenovo W520 laptop: Intel Core i7-2720QM @2.2 GHz, Nvidia graphics card, 8GB RAM, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. Canon Vixia HF-G10, three Sony HDV video cameras and one Canon 7D.

Comment

Working...
          X