• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    I take some of this back

the crashes are still there but worse, Edius vanishes to desktop

however, realtime preview works

this needs urgent attention

If you will search KH has already addressed this and explained it.

At the moment you are just re-hashing.

It was broken because 4.51 crashed and they raced to fix it last minute AFTER the beta testing was done.

They know about it and it is important.

Mike

Comment

Mike,

Just to be clear... I reported the missing Quick Titler live output and broken 'Preview' button on 4.51. Before 4.51c was ever available.

So at least that issue existed from the moment of release.

Thanks!
      Sincerely,

Mike Truly
      ----------------------------------------------------------------
      Truly Media
      www.trulymedia.com

System1: Edius 7.41|Storm Mobile|Dual Xeon 3.1 (20 cores w HT OFF)|128GB RAM|Dual 512 SSDs|7TB RAID5|Dual Quadro5000s|Win7_64

System2: EdiusNX+Exp|Edius 6.03|Procoder3|XP32|Dual Xeon 3.6|4GB RAM|U320 RAID0 15K

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_MD View Post
        If you will search KH has already addressed this and explained it.

At the moment you are just re-hashing.

It was broken because 4.51 crashed and they raced to fix it last minute AFTER the beta testing was done.

They know about it and it is important.

Mike
        I am aware of the whole situation

my point was that live output works fine in 4.51 but I have the crashes to desktop (known issue)

live output does not work in 4.51c and the crashes are still there, but not to desktop, I provided a link to what happens earlier
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

working on a 4.51c project all day with 44 TM titles and getting regular TM Pro crashes, but at least not back to desktop, only TM Pro vanishes
          http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...ro-crashes.gif
          Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

A temporary work around for live preview with Quick Titler is to create the title in the bin.
            Edius X - Edius 9.52 Pro - Win 10 64 - AMD-Ryzen 9 3900X - 32 Gb DDR4 - ASUS-PRIME X570-PRO - Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER - SSD M.2 1000 Gb system + 3 x 3 Tb storage - 2 x 23" Full HD Monitors - M-Audio Studiophile AV40

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
              A temporary work around for live preview with Quick Titler is to create the title in the bin.
              hmmm, when creatiug title in bin, how exactly do you see the background footage in order to place the text in the right position?
              Anton Strauss

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Truly View Post
                wags,

Titlemotion here has NO live video output on a QuadroFX 3400.

Can you check and see if Quick Titler has live video output as well as checking if the 'Preview' button in Quick Titler shows the video output? Both don't work here and I'm curious if they work on your system since you have live output from Titlemotion.

Thanks!
                OKAY tested it with Quicktitler and here is what it does.

It will not outlay in realtime as I make changes but if I set it too title roll then everything is overlayed in realtime to the TV for any changes I make.

If I put it back to static I can still overlay in real time but once I save/close it and then re open it will not overlay until I put it back into Roll mode then back into static.....Go figure....
                Win 10 pro, Intel Core i7 8700K, ASRock Z370 Extreme 4, 16 GIGs Corsair Vengeance 3000 Ram, Single SATA drives, Nvidia GTX 560.
                www.flykam.com.au www.wagscapes.com.au

Comment

The test I did was the following:
                  - position the cursor on the timeline over the correct clip
                  - go to the bin and create a title
                  - you'll see that what you type is shown immediately on the external monitor and in the player window.

Doing the same thing on the timeline => you only see what you type in Quicktitler.

System: DVX, cliptype: PAL DV, titler: Quicktitler
                  Edius X - Edius 9.52 Pro - Win 10 64 - AMD-Ryzen 9 3900X - 32 Gb DDR4 - ASUS-PRIME X570-PRO - Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER - SSD M.2 1000 Gb system + 3 x 3 Tb storage - 2 x 23" Full HD Monitors - M-Audio Studiophile AV40

Comment

interesting, I must try that right away
                    Anton Strauss

Comment

sorry, this did not work on my system

I also tried roll and convert to motion, none worked
                      Anton Strauss

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, DVX is still using the previous overlay system while your system uses the new overlay type. Could that explain the difference?

Comment

wags,

Thanks for testing. Unfortunately, my tests with Quick Titler don't produce the same results.

When switching the title to a 'roll', I still get NO live output of title adjustment.

But thanks anyway.
                          Sincerely,

Mike Truly
                          Truly Media
                          www.trulymedia.com

System1: Edius 7.41|Storm Mobile|Dual Xeon 3.1 (20 cores w HT OFF)|128GB RAM|Dual 512 SSDs|7TB RAID5|Dual Quadro5000s|Win7_64

System2: EdiusNX+Exp|Edius 6.03|Procoder3|XP32|Dual Xeon 3.6|4GB RAM|U320 RAID0 15K

Comment

Bart,

Thanks for this method... this seems to work and provide live output from Quick Titler. Hopefully, GV will be releasing a fix for all the title problems soon.

Thanks again.
                            Sincerely,

Mike Truly
                            Truly Media
                            www.trulymedia.com

Comment

One other thing I've noticed.

In the 4.24 releases and prior... when you went to a right-click menu and said 'Add Clip', you were always presented with both Quick Titler and Titlemotion options. Now I find some inconsitencies in this.

For example,

If I right-click in the bin to 'Add Clip' I am presented with Titlemotion in the menu but no Quick Titler.

If I right-click in the title track to 'Add Clip' I am presented with Quick Titler in the menu but no Titlemotion.

Seems there's some wackiness in the world of titles.
                              Sincerely,

Mike Truly
                              Truly Media
                              www.trulymedia.com

Comment

One more note about creating titles in the bin.

It seems that when you first create the title in the bin, the output is live as you adjust the title. But after you have saved it to the bin and you double-click to edit a second time... the output is no longer live. So this is still a pretty limiting way to work.

Thanks!
                                Sincerely,

Mike Truly
                                Truly Media
                                www.trulymedia.com

Comment

Working...
                                X