No announcement yet.

3D PinP problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If someone could try this it would be much appreciated.

I have included my custom 3DPinP settings file (I have saved it as txt but needs to re-named to .FIC).

Export in a file from Photoshop that has no background and has something in the middle. For example, text in the middle of the screen. (I use frame size 1024 x 576 PAL in Aust.) Then apply custom effect Zoom Wobble. Make sure on the layer below this, there is a background of anything but a solid colour, say a sky with clouds. You will notice that these custom effects have the light turned on but turning them off has not effect on the problem.

When playing the timeline you should notice that where the edges of the Photoshop graphic should be (ie it’s transparent) there is a 1-2 pixel line/distortion that moves with the moving graphic. It is more noticeable over backgrounds that have horizontal lines. It will go away if you use soft borders but a new problem arises… ref. to my first post.

Thanks to anyone who has the time to try it for me.
    Attached Files

Comment

That's right.
      Also use the TV format pixel aspect ratios
      Steve
      EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
      A proud EDIUS EDITOR
      For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

pAL IS NOT 1024x576

you are already looking at a rezise in edius

Photoshop has tv presets

:
        Attached Files
        Last edited by SRsupport; 08-12-2007, 01:36 AM.
        Steve
        A proud EDIUS EDITOR
        For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Sorry forgot to mention my project settings are:
          16 x 9 Pal SD-DV - ie 720x576 at 1.42 (or 1024 x 576 at 1.0) Edius 4.5c

Comment

Not sure, but I think square widescreen for PAL is 1024x576...? The original user needs to use a DV Preset in Photoshop for PAL Wide, there is one already since CS2. It displays everything in square pixel under photoshop, but the file is not square, so once imported into an NLE, it displays correctly.

Comment

Yes but your size in photoshop don't match the project. Thus edius will first resize to project and then the 3dpip will resize further.
              That's why I posted the pics

If your project in Edius is 720x576
              Why is your photoshop graphic 1024x576?

That is what I am trying to point out.

@ DAVE NO NO NO

16:9 Pal is still 720x576 with a pixel aspect of 1.422 for photoshop look at the 1 pic in my previous post and look at the photoshop presets for pal.
              Steve
              A proud EDIUS EDITOR

Comment

It's not a re-size. It's just a pixel aspect ratio change. In the broadcast world 16x9 PAL is actually 1024 x 576 at pixel aspect 1.0 not anomorphic 720x576 at 1.42.

I was told this by Channel 7 (Australia) engineers.

But it does not matter which I use the problem is still there!

Comment

But it depends how the editing app implement this. Because that could cause problems.
                  What is the size of the still you make with crt +T of your 16X9 pal footage?

Maybe it is a pal thing I'll try Monday when I am at the office. I have Pal broadcast master monitors there.
                  I'll look at it for you.

btw 720x576 at 1.422 is not anamorphic as far as I know
                  SR
                  Last edited by SRsupport; 08-12-2007, 02:00 AM.
                  Steve
                  A proud EDIUS EDITOR

Comment

It’s not a re-sizing issue!!!

I import 3D animation sequences in 1024 x 576 at aspect 1.0 all the time and they actually look better than a non square pixel ratio of 720x576 at 1.42. This also applies to HD projects at the corresponding resolutions. I get much better down conversion if the animations and graphics originally had square pixels.

Please note that the line/distortion I’m talking about may not be seen on a LCD computer monitor. I mainly see it on the PAL output (LCD or CRT). It looks the same on-air.

It seems as though during rendering of the layers the graphic with movement is responding to changes in background as it moves. This is normal to account for anti-aliasing but there appears to be some errors associated with this.

If you try my Presets I posted earlier (attached file) you should see what I mean (hopefully).

I just got another bloke in Sydney to try it and he has the same problem as I do.

Any ideas would be great as I'm now getting a back log of work as they all use these effects. I want to avoid going outside of Edius to do these basic effects as it doubles edit times.

Thanks

Comment

I can test it Monday with output to a broadcast monitor. (this is not a computer monitor)
                      For now I can't test it.

I'll let you know on Monday. :)

SR
                      Steve
                      A proud EDIUS EDITOR

Comment

Originally posted by SRsupport View Post

16:9 Pal is still 720x576 with a pixel aspect of 1.422 for photoshop look at the 1 pic in my previous post and look at the photoshop presets for pal.
                        Steve, I was talking about square pixels. NTSC Wide is actually 848 x 480 for 16:9, even thought it is 720x480 non square on tape.

I just did a bit of research and it looks like I was right, PAL is 1024x576 for square pixels.

Comment

Originally posted by Qframe View Post
                          It’s not a re-sizing issue!!!

I import 3D animation sequences in 1024 x 576 at aspect 1.0 all the time and they actually look better than a non square pixel ratio of 720x576 at 1.42. This also applies to HD projects at the corresponding resolutions. I get much better down conversion if the animations and graphics originally had square pixels.

Please note that the line/distortion I’m talking about may not be seen on a LCD computer monitor. I mainly see it on the PAL output (LCD or CRT). It looks the same on-air.

It seems as though during rendering of the layers the graphic with movement is responding to changes in background as it moves. This is normal to account for anti-aliasing but there appears to be some errors associated with this.

If you try my Presets I posted earlier (attached file) you should see what I mean (hopefully).

I just got another bloke in Sydney to try it and he has the same problem as I do.

Any ideas would be great as I'm now getting a back log of work as they all use these effects. I want to avoid going outside of Edius to do these basic effects as it doubles edit times.

Thanks
                          You need to create a new photoshop document and use the presets that SR Support put up....then drag and copy he layers (flatten first on the old one if it has multiple layers) to the new document. Save it and test it now.

Comment

Yes DAVE you are right I admit it.
                            Using too many apps will screw you up big time
                            Steve
                            A proud EDIUS EDITOR

Comment

Yep Dave I tried that (using the widescreen preset) and I get the same result. It might be a PAL problem???

Comment

I downloaded the project posted by the original poster. ( that was not from the origanal poster only the 3d pip are)

But put the graphic in a psd with transparent back ground . For me to test
                                I have a feeling that once you do it like this your problems will be solved.

SR

Like this:
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by SRsupport; 08-12-2007, 03:07 AM.
                                Steve
                                A proud EDIUS EDITOR

Comment

Working...
                                X