X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Evans
    replied
    Originally posted by PaulTV View Post
    I agree, never ever used VA tracks at all - I'm surprised they still exist.

:-)
    Yes we are all different. I only use VA tracks. V tracks are only for titles and graphics ( don't use the title track either). All my projects are multicam and I want to always be able to check audio sync. Not to use the audio at all, they are always muted and most of the time waveforms collapsed. Main audio comes from a Vegas mix imported into audio A1 and I always want to confirm sync with the waveforms from the VA tracks.

Ron Evans

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    :) It's a case of un-learning what you've learned - a bit at least...

Take a step back and remember what you want to achieve, but forget how you want you achieve it, as the mechanics and terminology varies from one environment to the next.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Bengele
    replied
    Originally posted by Red Union Films View Post
    Chuck.

When inserting assets to the timeline you may want to use seperate video and audio tracks, and not the va. You will find it more flexible for further linking and unlinking, or creating groups. Just assign your audio tracks before moving assets to the timeline. This is good for anything from mono to polly/multi wavs, and you have more control over split monos for dialogue tracks and pans.

Hope this helps.

Dave.
    I just need to work on the Track Assignments before placing content on the Timeline.

I have read the Manual 1 time through and have only been able to tuck a few items into the Brain Bank. I guess I am doing pretty bad when I consider that Corgress was able to learn everything about every bill they passed without even spending time to read them.

I came from the world of Premiere and Avid with a solid 12 years on NLE systems. While Edius may appear to apply some things differently, so far it has been very easy to learn. It is kind of like I used to say while working as a Freelance Demo Artist for Adobe and Pinnacle, "the editing interface is like a tool box, once you learn what drawers hold your tools you will be able to get the job done".

The reason I came to Edius and left Premiere and Avid behind was that Edius works and process my content faster and I do not need to spend large amounts of cash on new PCs. In addition, having been an NLE editior for so many years, learning Edius has been a breeze. Woops, I forgot to mention that I have NEVER SUFFERED A FREEZE, LOCKUP, HANGUP OR CORRUPTED PROJECT within EDIUS. The reason I mention the nasty things is because with most software and a someone learning to use the software that these bad things in other software always appear. Grass Valley, you did a GREAT JOB.

Regards,
    Chuck

Leave a comment:

• PaulTV
    replied
    I agree, never ever used VA tracks at all - I'm surprised they still exist.

:-)

Leave a comment:

• Red Union Films
    replied
    Chuck.

When inserting assets to the timeline you may want to use seperate video and audio tracks, and not the va. You will find it more flexible for further linking and unlinking, or creating groups. Just assign your audio tracks before moving assets to the timeline. This is good for anything from mono to polly/multi wavs, and you have more control over split monos for dialogue tracks and pans.

Hope this helps.

Dave.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Bengele
    replied
    VA and V or A tracks are just a little difficult to get used to. I never faced this within Avid or Premiere. Yes, I will get used to doing things the "E-Way", but I never expected that moving a V or an A clip would cause something to be deleted from my Timeline. I guess I need a "warning" message to come up until I remember.

I still feel that V & A on different tracks should still be considered as Link-able and then Groups should be mutiple V & A clips being combined.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    As Brandon suggests, it sounds like you are dealing with VA tracks initially and then dragging to a V track where the behavior you see is normal. Group and linked are the same thing except that group is used with separate V and A tracks, while linked is used for VA tracks.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Are you moving the clips to another VA track, or a V track?

V tracks only support video, so any linked audio will be stripped off (likewise, you can move a clip to an A track and get only its audio there).

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Bengele
    started a topic E6 Link and Group

E6 Link and Group

E6 Link and Group

The functionality of these items just do not make any sense to me. Linked and UnLinked clips is something I have worked with for almost 12 years, but within Edius things are weirdly different.

Linked Video & Audio Track Movements
    1. I place a video & audio clip into 1VA. The clips are shown as Linked. Kool. However, if I move the video up to another track, my audio is no longer appears on the Timeline. In addition, if I move my video clip back to where it was, the audio is still gone. (Yes, Control Z does undo)

EXPECTED: My video would have been moved up and my audio to stay where it was at and not be deleted or unlinked.

2. As described in #1 above, moving the audio has the same adverse effect.

Expected: My audio would have been moved down and my video would have stayed where it was at and not be deleted.

Link-ability does not exist
    1. I place a video & audio clip on 1VA = A/V are linked.

2. Unlink the A/V and move the audio to a lower track = A/V are now separate = expected.

3. Now I select both the audio and the video for re-link, but all that is available is “Group”. To me this is not a Group, but re-establishing a Link as they used to be one item.

Let me simplify my normal editing way of thinking. Unless I “Unlink” my audio from my video I would expect my audio and video to be “Linked” no matter how them or which track I move them to. For me this is a core understanding.

Group-ing does function as I would expect and does allow me to combine a number of components from my Timeline into a single moving piece.

Regards,
    Chuck
Working...
X