• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy
    replied
    Originally posted by annaesperanza View Post
    Hallo.

I have always used EDIUS.. but from a week I have changed job and I am using a MACPRO with FINALCUTPRO2… Do you confirm to me that PROCODER is better than to COMPRESSOR ?
    Yes, in my opinion, Procoder is superior to Compressor.

Originally posted by annaesperanza View Post
    PS In order now i prefer EDIUS to FCP !!!!
    If you have always used Edius, and have recently switched platform/NLE then of course you will find that you much prefer the NLE you already know and love.

I have been using Edius for about a year ... I am far happier using it now than I was a year ago.

For the time being, clear your mind of Edius and dedicate yourself to learning and understanding your new NLE, you will find it is a powerful and capable edit platform. Try not to fight it to much, you will just make yourself miserable!

Later, after you have established yourself, and developed a good relationship with your new employer, then you can consider introducing them to Edius. Under the GV brand you will find your employer is more likely to look and listen to what you have to show him ... and if the recent improvements GV have brought about are any indication, then they would do well to take a look.

Good luck in the new job.
    Ciao
    Andy
    Last edited by Andy; 08-14-2007, 03:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• adspencer
    replied
    Thanks everybody. ProCoder Express worked just fine for me. Again, many thanks for your instructions and quick response.

Al

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    ok, very very tank's .....

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Yes, in my initial tests to MPEG2. I will need to use Compressor a bit more to tell you a finalized result.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hallo.

I have always used EDIUS.. but from a week I have changed job and I am using a MACPRO with FINALCUTPRO2… Do you confirm to me that PROCODER is better than to COMPRESSOR ?

PS

In order now i prefer EDIUS to FCP !!!!

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Originally posted by adspencer View Post
    Thanks. One more question. I noticed that ProCoder Express will not allow the creation of m2v and AC3 files at the same time when using two pass.
    Chalk that one up to "common misunderstanding #1"

Both ProCoder and ProCoder Express will generate elementary video/audio MPEG streams in 2-pass VBR mode.
    This means you can output .m2v + .m2a, and .m2v + .wav, and in the case of ProCoder 3, .m2v + .ac3

What they will not do, is generate file-split, or multiple sets of streams in 2-pass VBR mode. This file-splitting function is the one that lets you generate sets of output files based on time or size. For example, a 2-hour output as 4 30-minute "chunks."

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    ProCoder Express doesn't support AC3.

What you can do is (cheaper solution) export via ProCoder Express with the WAV file, then go back to your timeline (making sure you don't set new in/out points) and print to file > AC3 Export and choose 256....it should take about 2 minutes per 1 hour and a 30 mins (Well it takes that long on my machine).

PC3 supports AC3, although I don't have it myself, some people are reporting issues with the AC3 file.

Leave a comment:

• adspencer
    replied
    Thanks. One more question. I noticed that ProCoder Express will not allow the creation of m2v and AC3 files at the same time when using two pass.

Will ProCoder 3 allow this? I want 2-pass creation of m2V with AC3 elementary streams.

Al

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    I'd recommend that you use a GV MPEG2 encoder (Such as ProCoder 2/3 or ProCoder Express) and when have your m2v/wav/ac3 (elementary stream) then bring that into DVD Studio Pro. Since MPEG2 files are pretty much universal, you'll have an easier time. Compressor isn't the greatest encoder out there...I haven't ran full tests on it, but from an initial test, PC is still a bit better.

Also there is a problem with Edius not handling QT colors/luminance properly when imported. I am not sure that output is the same or not....just to let you know.

Leave a comment:

• adspencer
    replied
    Thanks.

I also run on the MacPro, so the reason I exported the Edius timeline 16:9 clip to QuickTime was because I use the QT clip in DVD Studio Pro. Once the clip is on the Apple side, I use Compressor to create MPEG etc files for DVD Studio Pro 4. Prehaps there is a better way to do this .

Al

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Yes, but which software? If you're thinking QuickTime Player, then no. Are these DV files?

If you want these files to play ok in QTPlayer then you need to open them in QT Pro then edit it's size from 720x480 to 852x480 and then save the files. They might look awkward in an NLE though, so be careful. You're better off just keeping the originals and using them in FCP for example without issues.

If you want, send me a small sample and I'll take a look here. I have FCP.

Leave a comment:

• adspencer
    replied
    Does this mean that the QuickTime file will play just fine on the "Apple " software.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    There is a problem with Edius not recognizing the 16:9 Flag on QT files when you drop it on the timeline. Also even the QT player (when you open the file) won't recognize it. QT specific applications such as Final Cut Pro and After Effects have no such issue, so I think Apple needs to fix this first then GV??

But no your files will be ok.

Leave a comment:

• adspencer
    started a topic QuickTime 16:9 Problem

QuickTime 16:9 Problem

I am using Edius 4.10 and had problem exporting a 16:9 timeline clip to QuickTime via ProCoder Express. The settings in ProCoder Express wre set to 16:9 but the file appeared to be 4:3 when I placed it on Edius timeline to check it for accuracy.

Any hints on this. Did I miss a setting?

Thanks.

Al
Working...
X