Has anyone else noticed this in V6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone else noticed this in V6

I don't think this was a change in functionality. Try this out.

Open your Vectorscope/Waveform monitors.

Place a clip on the timeline and add a YUV filter to it. Now open the YUV properties and drag a point to modify something. Your preview monitor shows the changes but the scopes don't reflect the changes till you let go of the mouse. Now any subsequent changes you make within the YUV filter show the changes in your scopes as they are happening as you drag the sliders. It's just that first one that doesn't move on the scopes.

I use the scopes when tweaking a clip to see the results of what I am doing. It's a very minor nuisance but I don't think it was designed this way. It updated scopes all the time previously.

Did I find an obscure "undocumented feature?" It's nothing I can't live with but is a little annoying at times for my workflow. Does it behave this way for others?
    Main System. MSI G33m Motherboard, Intel Q6600 CPU, 2GB Ram, GeForce 9500GT, 7200rpm System drive. WinXP. Lots of external eSATA drives.

Laptop. Sony Vaio. CPU- i7-Gen 3, 8gb RAM, 1tbb 5400rpm hard drive, AMD GPU

Originally posted by Philip View Post
    I use the scopes when tweaking a clip to see the results of what I am doing. It's a very minor nuisance but I don't think it was designed this way. It updated scopes all the time previously.
    yes its annoiing it used to be coool.....
    http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...ad.php?t=19420

if they fix this plus the default "export between in and out" checkbox then i could be happy with V6. im checking every week for an update....

Thomas

Comment

Oh, really.. this is too much. I use YUV and White Balance all the time, of all the continuing bad stuff I read about E6 this does it for me. Will be sticking with E5 for some time to come I think!
      Claire

Edius 8.53 Workgroup, DVC Built i7 5960X 8 core Haswell-E Unlocked, Win10 Pro 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4, 32GB DDR4 RAM, RTX 2080 Ti 11GB, Decklink 4K Extreme 12G, TMPGEnc Movie Plug-in AVC, Eizo 31" ColorEdge CG319X HDR 4K monitor

Comment

I dont have either of these problems

When I move the YUV for the first time the Waveform moves in the Vector Scope, strange

Regarding the Export between in and out it is not selected the same as in 5 when I export to file!

When I upgraded all my presets and export settings came across, did yours or did you do a clean install
        I only unloaded 5 then loaded 6
        Regards Barry
        Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
        GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
        Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
        Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
          I don't think this was a change in functionality. Try this out.

Open your Vectorscope/Waveform monitors.

Place a clip on the timeline and add a YUV filter to it. Now open the YUV properties and drag a point to modify something. Your preview monitor shows the changes but the scopes don't reflect the changes till you let go of the mouse. Now any subsequent changes you make within the YUV filter show the changes in your scopes as they are happening as you drag the sliders. It's just that first one that doesn't move on the scopes.

Did I find an obscure "undocumented feature?" It's nothing I can't live with but is a little annoying at times for my workflow. Does it behave this way for others?
          this is a bug

to overcome, click the node at the edge and drag slightly away from the edge while moving, when finished moving, place it back to the edge

the waveform does not update if moving any node along the edge
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by tbruegg View Post
            yes its annoiing it used to be coool.....
            http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...ad.php?t=19420

if they fix this plus the default "export between in and out" checkbox then i could be happy with V6. im checking every week for an update....

Thomas
            One more time.., there is nothing to "fix" on the export between in and out. It is working as designed.

Comment

Originally posted by pjsssss View Post
              One more time.., there is nothing to "fix" on the export between in and out. It is working as designed.
              I don't see the problem, if it is not ticked the whole timeline is exported anyway and looking on my notebook it was not ticked there either and that still has 5 ?

Regards Barry
              Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
              GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
              Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
              Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

Comment

Originally posted by pjsssss View Post
                I do not want to beat any dead horses here, but I would like some clarification with Edius 6:

1) Is it still possible to export between in & out?

2) Can this behavior be saved to happen all of the time?

I never export an entire sequence.

Thanks
                Asus Prime X299-A - Intel i9 7900x all cores @4.3GHz 2 cores @4.5GHz - 32GB RAM - NVidia GTX1070 - Edius 9 WG - BM Intensity 4k - Boris RED - Vitascene 2 - Windows 10

Comment

1. Yes
                  2. Not that I am currently aware of

Comment

Here's the scoop and please let's not go into this again as it has been debated to death in another thread.
                    Finally, in Edius 6, the export between in and out option is unchecked by default. In Edius 5 it is checked. You can save one export option with the EBIAO still checked but you have to save it as a default and then remap F11 (assuming you use that export) to print to file default.

Some people that use the EBIAO feel it requires too much effort on their part to have to move their mouse to the box and click it. If that sounds a bit sarcastic it is. This is such a small thing to complain about.

Comment

Thanks for your answers and I am aware of your frustration. Sorry, I am ignorant of Edius 6 as I am waiting on NX drivers.

So one export preset can be saved as EBIAO? For example, Canopus HQ could be saved as an EBIAO and set as default? So when the export dialogue is opened from F11 the EBIAO is checked and Canopus HQ is ready to be ouput. If one wants to export Mpeg-2, hit F11, the dialogue comes up with Canopus HQ along with EBIAO checked and the user then selects Mpeg-2. All the while the EBIAO box stays checked.

Is this correct?

Thanks
                      Asus Prime X299-A - Intel i9 7900x all cores @4.3GHz 2 cores @4.5GHz - 32GB RAM - NVidia GTX1070 - Edius 9 WG - BM Intensity 4k - Boris RED - Vitascene 2 - Windows 10

Comment

Almost. In real world use, The default export ends up being only one option (only HQ or only mpg, etc)

Comment

So to continue with my Canopus HQ example if one wanted to export Mpeg-2, any change away from the default (Canopus HQ) will take the EBIAO check off/away?

Comment

Does clicking on an object twice or clicking on an export function once stop you from editing? I wish people would weigh up what's a major problem and just workflow. Maybe moving to another platform would put things into perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                              So to continue with my Canopus HQ example if one wanted to export Mpeg-2, any change away from the default (Canopus HQ) will take the EBIAO check off/away?
                              That is correct (ver. 5.xx).

Comment

Working...
                              X