about dvcapture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about dvcapture

Why did you stop dvcapture from edius 6 ?
    it was a good tool for capturing... I used to capture material when edit at the same time. If i capture inside edius i can't do this. Please make an update version for us!
    www.anima3dproductions.blogspot.com

While waiting for things not to happen you could still use the older stand alone installer, not ?

Nowadays I capture often on another system and hotswap HDD's, haven't captured DV in a long time :)

Comment

I have been capturing on my second machine for years. That came from using HDV and capturing into my Intensity Pro to get 1920x1080 files as either uncompressed or MJPEG. Either work fine in Edius.
      Jerry
      Six Gill DV
      www.sgdvtutorials.com
      If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
      http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
      Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by SoundFreak View Post
        While waiting for things not to happen you could still use the older stand alone installer, not ?

Nowadays I capture often on another system and hotswap HDD's, haven't captured DV in a long time :)
        The older dvcapture not working on edius 6. It says "no canopus product found"

Comment

Have not tried it and it's a long shot but what if you install dv capture first on E5 install, then install E6.
          Maybe it leaves DVcapture behind ?

Comment

That unfortunately will not work because as dv capture starts it will do its check routine and it will bring up an error message. A few things have changed in EDIUS 6.
            Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
            EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

DVcapture, I used to use it also often, another unfortunate end of life like Mediacruise, Photobook & Imaginate, seems like all the great stand alone apps are disapearing one by one without any alternative or replacement ;)
              Last edited by SoundFreak; 12-13-2010, 12:25 PM. Reason: Additional info

Comment

DVCapture, I used to use it also often,
                Same here, I used DVCapture a lot.
                Even thought it had something to do with "Disk too slow error message".
                Tony

Fractal Design Define XL R2 Full tower- Asrock Z490 Taichi - i9-10850K -- 250GB 860 EVO- 32GBVengeance LPX- Blackmagic IP4K-- Geforce GTX 1070 Founders Edition -- EVGA G3 850 PSU-- Corsair H100i Pro XT- LG Blu-Ray writer- MxM PCI-e Reader-- EDIUS X WG- Win 10 Pro 64bit.

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
                  Same here, I used DVCapture a lot.
                  Even thought it had something to do with "Disk too slow error message".
                  Is there any proof of it ?
                  I have it installed on 2 systems (1st & 2nd) and I don't get that message.

Comment

Is there any proof of it ?
                    No, probably just my own notion.

http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...?t=4049&page=7

I never got the disk too slow message with DVCapture.
                    Last edited by tony; 12-13-2010, 03:33 PM.
                    Tony

Fractal Design Define XL R2 Full tower- Asrock Z490 Taichi - i9-10850K -- 250GB 860 EVO- 32GBVengeance LPX- Blackmagic IP4K-- Geforce GTX 1070 Founders Edition -- EVGA G3 850 PSU-- Corsair H100i Pro XT- LG Blu-Ray writer- MxM PCI-e Reader-- EDIUS X WG- Win 10 Pro 64bit.

Comment

That is true, only with Edius not DVcapture.
                      It might be that DVcapture keeps on going, even when dropping / corrupting frames :) (never had a problem though)

To get the message is pretty easy in Edius, download a couple of files of large data simultaneous with a download manager and whoops, there it is ....... (network (card / adaptor) related ?)

Comment

That is true, only with Edius not DVcapture.
                        Thats what I thought too.
                        Tony

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
                          That unfortunately will not work because as dv capture starts it will do its check routine and it will bring up an error message. A few things have changed in EDIUS 6.

So why don't you make a patch... we love this application. You can also remove the check routine and make dvcapture standalone!

Comment

Looks like GV doesn't want people to use stand alone apps but the full featured Edius to do all ingestion of media, cutting & exporting.
                            Most other brands have done the same quite a while ago, unfortunately this is not requested by us users but friendly forced upon.

If you like bits and pieces of several brands you'll have to invest a lot extra to have it all, only commercial users will be able to fork out the dough, lots of us small timers will have to adopt, no other choice left anymore ;(

Comment

Cheapest way is to use caddies with separete OS drives you can then keep your old progs
                              System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
                              Plugins Vistitle 2.8, TP7, NB TFX5
                              Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

Working...
                              X