Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never expected this?!? Edius 6

Greetings

So I have a simple PSD logo file, Vitascene rays on that....
    bottom layer....Edius's Monotone filter and New Blues Video tune up filter on a Digi Juice moving background... the video plays and RENDERS like its been recorded to a tape machine with bad heads.. this is simple stuff, DV resolution 4x3...
    turning the layers off and on yields some bizarre screens in the monitor too( turns pink then green like some YUV issues).
    I have a file attached, Edius ouputs the glitches in files I have made using Canopus Codec, WMV, Uncompressed and MPG.... The glitches happen both with the background although; I see them in the Logo Playback too (soloed) attached is a zip with a few seconds of the glitches...the Juice file itself is obviously clean. Tried rebooting, a few times, tried turning Hyper threading off and on.... happens if I use just Edius monitor OR the Full screen feature on my B monitor....renders it, so it must be more than a graphics card, I'd think.

Other videos play OK...so it pretty much leaves the plugins as suspects

It seems the Vitascene on the PSD logo and the New Blue FX Video Tune Up both induce the glitches....some might call it flickering...

One other question? is there a simple procamp filter? ya know Video, Chroma, Hue, Blacks? the color balancers don't have a simple "hue" knob....

The Glitches are attached here...as a wmv in zip

Any ideas?

Jdroadie

the environment is win7 64 i7 920 chip, Nivdea GTx9600 (470 will be here tomorrow) 6 gigs Ram, Raid.... Edius 6.01 fresh out of the box:)
    Last edited by jdroadie; 08-30-2012, 03:04 AM.
    Jdroadie
    Philly, PA
    Edius 7.53 HDSpark, I7920, GTX470 Win7 64

There have been reports that New Blue FX doesn't play well with others....namely Vitascene. Try uninstalling Vitascene and then try
    the effect again.
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Thank you I will look into that ...it seems to happen even with the Vitascene clip turned off
      Jdroadie
      Philly, PA

Comment

a bug?

Might be a BUG....I moved the clips down the time line and all plays fine....move them back....not....also if I create a new sequence and bring the clips there....same thing, except only the Vitascene freaks out.......
        Jdroadie
        Philly, PA

Comment

I would highly recomend, to install the latest Nvidia drivers from 01.2011
          This driver does fix a lot of overlay issus on VitaScene.
          There is also a new VitaScene 1.1 for EDIUS 6 available:
          http://www.prodad.de/de/vitascene-service-pack.html
          it is a full version and does fix a lot of problems:

Bug fixes and improvements:A/B render issue fixed
          Exit issue fixed
          EDIUS preview issues fixed
          F12 „back to the edit program“ short cut re-activated

improved render quality on alpha channel
          reduced EDIUS project file size by clearing memory of UNDO history (before storing)
          improved performance due to de-selectable internal VS preview

Eric
          English is not my native language

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
            I would highly recomend, to install the latest Nvidia drivers from 01.2011
            There is also a new VitaScene 1.1 for EDIUS 6 available:
            http://www.prodad.de/de/vitascene-service-pack.html
            it is a full version and does fix a lot of problems:

Bug fixes and improvements:A/B render issue fixed
            Exit issue fixed
            EDIUS preview issues fixed
            F12 „back to the edit program“ short cut re-activated

improved render quality on alpha channel
            reduced EDIUS project file size by clearing memory of UNDO history (before storing)
            improved performance due to de-selectable internal VS preview

Eric
            Wonderful Eric, thank you very much.

There will be an update even for Edius 5.x ?
            Engineer for Digital Point production ltd.

Video & Video
            The Official Italian Forum for Techinical Support to EDIUS.
            http://videodintorni.forumfree.it

Comment

Originally posted by tonyblueeyes View Post
              There will be an update even for Edius 5.x ?
              No :(

Eric

Comment

Ok, no worries. Maybe there will be an improvement in the next future.

Actually I'm testing, new Vitascene version on Edius 6. Preview video in
                vitascene panel is still a "stillframe", there is no any video preview.

Video & Video

Comment

Preview video in
                  did you install the latest Nvidia drivers from 01.2011 ?

Eric

Comment

Eric , is this the Eglish version of the vitascene update?

thanks,
                    Chris
                    Proud user of EDIUS!

Comment

Ok, no worries. Maybe there will be an improvement in the next future.

Actually I'm testing, new Vitascene version on Edius 6. Preview video in
                      Look at the screenshot:

Look at the white circle on the left of the screen. You have a solid folder looking selection and then a button that looks like a pause button. Select that and you will see the video preview on the right side.
                      I guess my question is why do you need two previews.

You see the Edius window with a red dot underneath of the play button.
                      You will also see that the same image that is in the Vitascene preview is in the Edius monitor. if you click on the play button you will see it play.
                      So you really do not need the Vistitle playback window taking up resources.
                      Last edited by Jerry; 12-11-2011, 08:54 PM.
                      Jerry
                      Six Gill DV
                      www.sgdvtutorials.com
                      If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                      http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                      Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Thank you very much Jerry, I appreciated that.

Video & Video

Comment

Working...
                        X