2 or more clips to the same audio level in one time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 or more clips to the same audio level in one time

Is it possible to take the volume of 2 or more clips the same at a lower or higher level?
    Fred

Hi Fred.

If you gang the the different tracks in the audio mixer window, using the gang button at the top of the track fader this will create a sub-group. If you then go into track or automated fader movements, these tracks will move together up and down in volume, in ratio to their individual volumes.

Hope this helps.

Dave.

Comment

Dear Dave, I understand what you mean, but how can i see in my clips that the audio is change to another level. When i look in the clip volume there is nothing change in the volume, only when i look in the audio mixer there is a change.
      Fred

Comment

Originally posted by freson View Post
        Dear Dave, I understand what you mean, but how can i see in my clips that the audio is change to another level. When i look in the clip volume there is nothing change in the volume, only when i look in the audio mixer there is a change.
        Fred.

If you have used proper audio editing software like Nuendo or something similar. You would be used to the waveform changing when you do things like volume or dynamics changes. Unfortunately, Edius is not so good at this, many people have problems with the way Edius chooses to not be so helpful with waveforms. You have to do more work with your ears and not your eyes when working with Edius.

Sorry this may not be of much help.

Dave

Comment

Hi Dave,
          Thanks for the information. Maybe does Edius in the future something for the audio. Otherwise i close my eyes and listen very good to the audio :-)
          Fred

Comment

Originally posted by freson View Post
            Hi Dave,
            Thanks for the information. Maybe does Edius in the future something for the audio. Otherwise i close my eyes and listen very good to the audio :-)
            Fred.

I know a lot of users have asked for the audio part of Edius to be re-looked at for future updates, lets hope. My normal workflow includes exporting my locked off Edius audio, and mixing it in a Nuendo system with loads of VST DSP hardware. While this route is normal for film work, it would be a push to expect a video editor on Edius to have to do the same. If Edius was a little more like a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) in the way it handled audio, I could see myself using it's audio features more, and staying inside Edius for all but the most complicated stuff. Right now I would easily settle for the audio waveforms being dealt with properly in Edius, as a very good move forward.

Cheers.

Dave.

Comment

use the Normalize clip/clips tool and you will see the waveform change
              Anton Strauss
              Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                use the Normalize clip/clips tool and you will see the waveform change
                Hi Anton.

I think Fred was talking about the waveform representation against volume, something that can happen on other systems. Normalizing is something that will change the inherant dynamics of the original audio file. Either way, I think it is more to do with what people may expect from the audio side of Edius, if they have used proper audio tools.

Cheers.

dave.

Comment

the Edius normalize tool changes the volume and increases or decreases the waveform at the same time

you can normalize the same clip a million times if you want, nothing will change other than volume according to whatever db value you dial with the mouse scroll wheel

I often do it 2 or 3 times to get the level I want

I also use the normalize tool to lower volumes
                  Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                    the Edius normalize tool changes the volume and increases or decreases the waveform at the same time

you can normalize the same clip a million times if you want, nothing will change other than volume according to whatever db value you dial with the mouse scroll wheel

I often do it 2 or 3 times to get the level I want

I also use the normalize tool to lower volumes
                    Hi Anton.

To be honest I do not use that tool in Edius as most of my audio is done externaly. It sounds like the normalize is again something that Edius does in a strange way. The stuff that I use, such as SSL or TC Electronics, will only do this process once to the audio to reach the average or peak of the file. If you are talking about doing it a few times to get your desired level, then I understand why.

Cheers.

Dave.

Comment

the Edius normalize tool is nothing like the Soundforge RMS normalize that applies dynamic compression on peaks to avoid distortion

the Edius normalize tool is a simple volume changer based on peak, it can be reset to 0 in audio properties tab at any time

I find it the fastest way to set volumes

If I do a TVC or anything else for Broadcast, I use Soundforge Normalize and Wave Hammer
                      Anton Strauss

Comment

For anyone in the VST domain on DAW's. Try out the dynamics plugins by TC and Sony on the PowerCore, for classic Neve try UAD, and for the classic SSL bus master and c200 algorithms try Duende. All of which are fantastic dynamics processors.

Does anyone know if Edius will pick up the above plugins and DSP's, to use inside Edius audio tracks?

Cheers.

Dave.

Comment

Working...
                        X