Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

crash! file can't open. no backup! Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crash! file can't open. no backup! Help!

An hours worth of editing on the various sequences in Edius 5.5.

There was a momentary powercut for some reason and the system went off. I tried to load it back-up but it wont, it says that somebody else is currently editing the file, and I can only open it as read-only. When I try to get into it that way, I get an error message saying:

can not open the project file

0x8007000d: the data is invalid.

PANIC. I'm in serious trouble here. Surely there's a way to salvage this? Help. Ther'es too much work to start again.

phew.

Found how to do it on another thread via back-up.

heart attack and angry impending visitors averted.

Comment

If you want to prevent this from happening again - buy a UPS.
      TingSern
      --------------------------------------
      Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

This might be a good place to remind people to manually save their project when they first open it so that auto save kicks in.

Comment

The first thing I bought when I got the system. UPS has saved me on several occasions.
          EDIUS Workgroups 8 with NX Hardware plus HD expansion Card,
          EDITHD Workstation: Intel Core i7 [email protected], Nvidia GTX-950 Video Card, Windows 7 Premium, 64bit, 6GB Ram, Vistitle 2.6.0.6, Robuskey, ChromaKeyer Pro,

Comment

I've learnt another trick to aid in getting back to previous versions of projects:
            Save the project under a new name by adding a version number to the name and incrementing it by one, e.g. Project-V1.15.
            I do this at the beginning of each editing session now. This way I can always go back to a previous version in case my PC crashes or I make such a monumental ****-up of the project that is easiest fixed by reverting to a previous version.
            This has saved my butt a few times now.
            I also use Ctrl-S a lot whilst in an editing session to save the current project, especially BEFORE I walk away to get a cup of coffee etc.

HTH
            Walter
            Computers should make our lives simpler, not more complicated...

EDIUS6.08, Win 7 Pro SP1, 16GB RAM, 120GB Intel 520 SSD (Windows & Apps),
            ~4TB HDD total (5 drives, no RAID),
            Internal LITEON iHBS212 Bluray Combo Burner
            Intel i7-2700k Processor, NVIDIA 550GTX/TI, Dual Dell 24" Monitors, Kogan 32" LED TV,
            Sony HDR-XR520V Camcorder (HDD), Panasonic NV-MX300 3CCD Camcorder (Tape-defunct), GoPro HD Hero3 Black Edition

Comment

Originally posted by tingsern View Post
              If you want to prevent this from happening again - buy a UPS.
              I'm using a APC Smart UPS 1500 and it switches several times a day, has saved me from disaster multiple times.
              Using the same at home ............
              Tony D.

EDIUS WG 9.54 / MATROX MXO2 LE / WIN10 Pro WS / LENOVO P71 Workstation laptop / XEON E3-1535M v6 / nVidia QUADRO P3000 6GB / Toshiba M.2 NVMe 512GB / 2x Samsung 860 EVO 4TB / 32GB ECC RAM.
              EDIUS WG 8.53 / HDRX-E1 + HDBX-1000H / WIN10 Pro / DUAL XEON X5470 / SUPERMICRO X7DWA-N / SUPERMICRO SUPERCHASIS SC745TQ-920B / INTEL 520 SSD 240GB / WD CAVIAR BLACK 4TB (many) / 32GB ECC RAM / GTX 770 4GB / 2x MOTU 896HD.
              wavearts / neatvideo / tmpgenc / hitfilm / imaginate / affinity

Comment

Working...
              X