No announcement yet.

Editing NIKON D7000 Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So i opened Nikon D7000 footage in Quicktime and did 'save as'. and covert in edius into canopus HQ.
    Now my 1min. footage did grow from 160mb to 800 mb. is this O.K.?
    And, i think, i can only select 1 file at the time: no batching or is there any trick?

Comment

Originally posted by Zoop View Post
      So i opened Nikon D7000 footage in Quicktime and did 'save as'. and covert in edius into canopus HQ.
      Now my 1min. footage did grow from 160mb to 800 mb. is this O.K.?
      And, i think, i can only select 1 file at the time: no batching or is there any trick?
      I just did a "save as" in QT then dropped it into the timeline with no problems. I didn't look at the file size though...
      Edius 9 - i7-7700 @ 3.6GHz - 16 GB RAM - Windows 10 - Sandisk 128 GB SSD - Western Digital Black 2 TB HD - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 2 GB

Comment

Originally posted by cdoyal View Post
        I think the question many of us would like to have answered is: Is a fix in the works?
        See your answer by Steve above. Wait for GV to announce the fix.
        TingSern
        --------------------------------------
        Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

There are simply too many formats and flavours, the whole industry is a mess.
          Everyone claims they have the best solution and forces that upon their customers, a reall pity, the end user has the power to do something about it yet every small step up we purchase and use with all the included problems along .

Real sad..........

Comment

Please take any camcorder and off topic discussion to the lounge any discussion regarding the issue and workarounds are welcome.
            Steve

Get the Latest version of EDIUS:
            EDIUS Download (grassvalley.com)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

Hi there,
              I found an alternative to convert properly D7000 rushes

use the 'super" Soft, then de-mux video then re-mux video using "direct stream copy" (so that video quality remains unchanged), and audio using aac codec.

Actually, the matter with D7000 and EDIUS si not video but audio, which is a strange apple native codec..

Comment

Nikon fix

O.k. it can be solved with Quicktime, but still time consuming (no batch conversion) the other options have filesize limitations.
                I wonder if and when this will be fixed in E6

Comment

have Nikon confirmed that their files are according to spec?
                  Anton Strauss
                  Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

The files of the D7000 are not within "spec" is all I can say at the moment.
                    Steve

Comment

next firmware

The issue of MOV stream inside provided by D7000 will be fixed at next Nikon firmware.
                      Please attempt to use the next D7000 firmware of Nikon, after will be uploaded. maybe 25th JST

Comment

D7000 Firmware Update 1.02 is released.

Comment

D7000 firmware

I have downloaded the software, recorded a test movie and it opens in Edius Neo 3 fine!

Comment

Files recorded with the new firmware also work correct in EDIUS 6.
                            Steve

Comment

Excellent news

Comment

Excellent news,
                                (I wish it would also have included a FULL HD 25fps recording.....)

Comment

Working...
                                X