No announcement yet.

Editing NIKON D7000 Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TMPGenc 4 Xpress is a great software. It is not expensive.

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/te4xp.html

You can take a look at that one.
    TingSern
    --------------------------------------
    Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

thks.
      I'm just trying the trial version

Comment

follow these steps but with different pixel size, you will get the idea
        http://www.videoproductions.com.au/html/dvd-to-avi.html (in your case, step 8 to step 10)
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

great it works fine with canopus HQ Fine codec !!
          I'll do this way until Conups alllow avc h264 codec in edius

Comment

Oh great, and I just bought a Nikon D7000 but it has not be delivered yet.
            I thought Edius 6 could edit anything.

Comment

hummm

I'm a little surprised! Canon files are not a problem
              E6 would not open his file, but CS4 would!
              Rusty Rogers | Films
              >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
              >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
              Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Édius is an affordable tool for editing videos. Dslr are affordable "camcorders". Be sûre that if nikon d7000 (and d3100) are massive commercial success, canopus Will soon or later include nikon vidéo codec in an édius update.

Comment

Unfortunately EDIUS cannot import the files from the D7000 without a conversion at the moment.
                  There are a few options: you can convert to HQ with thirdparty software. One method described earlier in this thread. Or if you have Qucktime pro you can open them and save as and then EDIUS will read those files.
                  I am waiting for more technical information. When I get it I will try to explain in more detail why.

So for now converting is the only option. Not the news you guys would like to hear but this is the honest answer.
                  You can still edit it. :)
                  Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
                  EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Nikon D7000 format

The new Nikon D7000 is a very popular 1080p camera, in fact it is difficult to find one. Most dealers can't get enough in.
                    The File format is .Mov with a video compression H.264/Mpeg-4 Advanced Video Coding.
                    Right now Edius 6 does not recognize the format, so I am now using TMPGEnc4 to convert to AVI HQ and it looks fine.
                    My question is, will a later update of Edius 6 support this file format?
                    Last edited by dreaux; 12-04-2010, 04:59 PM.

Comment

I believe the compression should be H.264 ... not H.254 as posted.

If you refer to this article - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264/MPEG-4_AVC, there is a table towards the end of the article showing you the various combinations of encoding and the software implementations.

It is small wonder that EDIUS can support so many variations in the first place :-).
                      TingSern
                      --------------------------------------
                      Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

There is no need for speculation this issue has been posted before. At the moment the files need to be converted to be used in EDIUS.
                        As soon as there is a solution we will notify the community. :)
                        Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
                        EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
                          Unfortunately EDIUS cannot import the files from the D7000 without a conversion at the moment.
                          There are a few options: you can convert to HQ with thirdparty software. One method described earlier in this thread. Or if you have Qucktime pro you can open them and save as and then EDIUS will read those files.
                          I am waiting for more technical information. When I get it I will try to explain in more detail why.

So for now converting is the only option. Not the news you guys would like to hear but this is the honest answer.
                          You can still edit it. :)
                          Is there any news on a fix for this yet? I too just bought a D7000 and am extremely disappointed I can't edit in Edius.
                          Edius 9 - i7-7700 @ 3.6GHz - 16 GB RAM - Windows 10 - Sandisk 128 GB SSD - Western Digital Black 2 TB HD - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 2 GB

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_hd View Post
                            Remux it with TsMuxer to m2ts. Edius does read AVC- it just need to be in m2ts stream to be decoded by Edius internal engine.

Andrew
                            That may work but given the popularity of this camera, I figured a real fix would be in the future.

EDIT: I tried it and it crashes my system.
                            Last edited by cdoyal; 01-11-2011, 06:53 PM.
                            Edius 9 - i7-7700 @ 3.6GHz - 16 GB RAM - Windows 10 - Sandisk 128 GB SSD - Western Digital Black 2 TB HD - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 2 GB

Comment

Save as option in quick time helps edius to recognize mov files with sound without reencoding, also I've noticed that, if record video without sound edius adds video with no problem. Video from Nikon d3100 hasn't any of these problems with edius. I suppose that the difference is in sound recording: D7000 PCM 16bit 4800kHz stereo, D3100 mp3 16bit 22kHz mono. So until a patch will not be released we may use "save as" option of quick time pro.

Comment

D7000 editing

I think the question many of us would like to have answered is: Is a fix in the works?

Comment

Working...
                                X