Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing NIKON D7000 Videos

Hi there.
    I just bought new DSLR NIKON D7000, and shot some (great) vidéos with it.
    It generates .mov at 1920x1080p , 24fps with H264 AVCHD codec which can be played and edited with Adobe premier pro CS5, adobe media encoder.
    However EDIUS 5.5 is unable to recognize them....

Do you have a clue of how i could make theme played and edited in EDIUS 5 WITHOUT reconvert them in Adobe media encoder? Maybe a new canopus codec pack? Can procoder 3 accept them?

If it appears that this DSLR is the only one that can't produce standard AVCHD Files, i'll regret not to have bought Canon EOS7D or 60d....
    Damn i swear never to be an early buyer again.

thks by advance, and sorry for my poor english

Can you upload a small (say 10 seconds video) here for us to take a look?
    TingSern
    --------------------------------------
    Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

ok now i'm at work i send one as soon as i'm at home

Comment

No problem - take your time :-).
        TingSern
        Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

It generates .mov at 1920x1080p , 24fps with H264 AVCHD codec
          for clear correct designation:

yes ....it is a ".mov" container
          no ... it is not a AVCHD file
          yes ...it is a H.264/MPEG-4 Advanced Video Coding

AVCHD is a part of H.264 Codec
          but not all what is H.264 is AVCHD

source: http://www.nikon.at/de_AT/product/di...consumer/d7000
          Dateiformat => MOV
          Videokomprimierung => H.264/MPEG-4 Advanced Video Coding
          Audiokomprimierung => Lineare PCM
          you have a "freehoster" or have self server space??
          http://www.file-upload.net/ is not complicated, no wait time and goes up to 100MB
          and include a "delete-link"

greetings from Central€urope to Frankreich ;-)
          CentralEurope aka Hans
          voluntary / unpaid moderator from the german GV-forum ... Edius 4.61 up to Edius 9.xx
          i9-7980XE 18cores/36threads - M.2 960PRO 512GB - M.2 970PRO 1TB - div. 2 or4TB disks - 32GB DDR4-3600 - GTX 1080 8GB - Win_10prof
          [the AMD 1950X 16cores / 32 threads = go return because of massive problems, Not only I had these problems]

Comment

Hans,

I liked you. This is great explanation then.
            TingSern

Comment

+1
              a agree, thks for explanations.
              and where are you from CentralEurop?

Comment

Originally posted by CentralEurope View Post
                AVCHD is a part of H.264 Codec
                but not all what is H.264 is AVCHD
                That may be the key of the problem...

Comment

Hans is from Vienna, Austria.

That's the reason why you can't edit using EDIUS. Because the file is not AVCHD.
                  TingSern

Comment

Originally posted by tingsern View Post
                    Hans is from Vienna, Austria.

That's the reason why you can't edit using EDIUS. Because the file is not AVCHD.
                    Is there a solution for this codec?

Comment

You will have to send us a sample video file first ... no idea what format it is in right now.
                      TingSern

Comment

here is a sample i just took outside my window...
                        http://www.file-upload.net/download-..._0383.zip.html

Comment

Edius5 or 6 don't accept that file

everything else on my PC plays it fine

T4 Xpress converts it to Canopus HQ in a flash and then it works in Edius
                          Anton Strauss
                          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

As Anton says in his post, you will need to convert the file into Canopus HQ format.
                            TingSern

Comment

thank you guys, i was looking for suh a soft to convert it at least in Canopus HQ format, since it is refused in ACVHD converter too...
                              I think thanks to you i've found a way to edit these files properly. It is always easier to edit Canopus HQ avi than compressed files...)

Comment

Working...
                              X