create dvd that plays on very stand alone dvd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• create dvd that plays on very stand alone dvd

i created a project with 200 photo and music.
    Now it's time to burn a dvd with this project.
    I need that dvd'll play on standalone dvd reader (the old one too), what's the better files to burning dvd readable on all the stand alone supports?
    mpeg 2? or what else?
    thank you
    roberto
    --a good video is better than a worst one---
    windows 7 home premium edition 64 bit
    direct x 11, logical cpu 8, ram 8 gb, motherborad MSI 2A9C Intel PCH H57, Intel i7 860 2.8ghz Quad core, hd i tera hitachi, ati radeon 5500 2gb memory, realtek high definition audio, Edius 6

For a DVD to play it must be MPEG 2
    If you output to disk from the timeline Edius will look after you but maybe as you have an old player under settings for the file go to manual settings and reduce the Bit rate to 7000Khz
    I have found a better picture by also setting to VBR (Variable Bit Rate) with Average BR 7000 Max BR 7200 or 7500

Regards Barry
    Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
    GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
    Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
    Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

Comment

and burning to DVD-R is a must (use quality brand such a Taiyo Yuden) (burn at half speed of what the disk and or burner is rated)

DVD+R will only work in newer players
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

I would recommend DVD+R burned on a burner with booktype / bitsetting support over DVD-R.

Booktype / bitsetting support allows the disk to be marked as a DVD-ROM instead of a DVD+R disk. There is nothing in the DVD standard that requires recordable (DVD-R or DVD+R) media support, but DVD-ROM support is mandatory.

Comment

yes, however some burners such as Pioneer don't allow their booktype to be changed

ImgBurn (free) allows for changing the booktype with some burners that allow it, BenQ, LG, Lite-n, Plextor, Samsung, Ricoh, Nu tech

I have not discovered ant DVD player that failed to play my DVD-R disks, and I make them in the 1000's per month
          Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
            I have not discovered ant DVD player that failed to play my DVD-R disks, and I make them in the 1000's per month
            I wish I could make that amount :) but from many years of hands on experience with Pioneer burners & DVD-R has yet to fail on old players and here in my part of the world there are still as many old players as there are new.

A Slower burn speed with a good quality media is preferred, a lower than max bit rate will also improve any issue you could encounter with older players.

As it is expensive to freight japan disc's where I live (import duties etc) I have been using of the shelf 50 or 100 pack Imation DVD-R with great susses, it's surely not a high grade disc, but has proven itself as reliable through out the years with virtually no coaster burn (normally due to user error ~ after a couple of beers:))

Comment

I agree with Anton on the Taiyo's, now JVC. They are superb media and DVD-R
              provides a wider spectrum of support for old and new players. I have never had an issue with DVD's burned on this media, even at 16x.
              I usually do a max of 7700 with an average of 6000 and a min of 1.5-2.0.

I just wish Taiyo had gotten into the Blu-ray media mode. I think that would have made for an excellent media choice as well.
              Jerry
              Six Gill DV
              www.sgdvtutorials.com
              If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
              http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
              Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

they do make Blu-ray media, just some wierd spec that I don't understand ,

RE JVC: Haven't seen them labelled JVC yet in this country (but I know it's correct)
                AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, RTX 3080, 64GB RAM, EDIUS X WG.

Comment

thanks for all reply
                  direct x 11, logical cpu 8, ram 8 gb, motherborad MSI 2A9C Intel PCH H57, Intel i7 860 2.8ghz Quad core, hd i tera hitachi, ati radeon 5500 2gb memory, realtek high definition audio, Edius 6

Comment

the right burn!!!!!!

you were so kind and professional that I ask one more thing
                    : The correct steps.
                    I have to make a gift to a friend so I would not do a bad impression.
                    Gave me some photos of his wedding. I work on with EDIUS with music and effects, and then I will create a mpeg2 video files, up to here everything is right?
                    I saved the mpg files on the desktop, now I'm ready to burn a DVD that can be read by all DVD stand alone.
                    In what was said by anton's video I downloaded img burn.
                    I open it and see the choices>>the right is " write files to disk."isn't it?
                    have i to change some settings, anton's ? or leave the default ones?
                    thank you again for your help ....
                    until I know the video was wrong for me even if it was ok, but for others it is challenging and should be okay ....
                    rob

Comment

Originally posted by errepiesse View Post
                      you were so kind and professional that I ask one more thing
                      : The correct steps.
                      I have to make a gift to a friend so I would not do a bad impression.
                      Gave me some photos of his wedding. I work on with EDIUS with music and effects, and then I will create a mpeg2 video files, up to here everything is right?
                      I saved the mpg files on the desktop, now I'm ready to burn a DVD that can be read by all DVD stand alone.
                      In what was said by anton's video I downloaded img burn.
                      I open it and see the choices>>the right is " write files to disk."isn't it?
                      have i to change some settings, anton's ? or leave the default ones?
                      thank you again for your help ....
                      until I know the video was wrong for me even if it was ok, but for others it is challenging and should be okay ....
                      rob

you forgot a few major steps, if you create an mpeg file, you need to have an authoring software to create the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS

an easier way would be to do it direct from Edius timeline, including burn
                      http://www.videoproductions.com.au/h...vd-burner.html
                      Anton Strauss

Comment

ok

then until now I was wrong.
                        I created mpeg 2 video files and burn to DVD with a standard software ... I've never spent for other programs.
                        I went to f11, export to mpeg2, EDIUS asked me where to save, I chose the desktop, and he created a video file. Then burn it normally and you could see the DVD, why?
                        in essence, I would do the right things:
                        1) I build my video with Edius.
                        2) after a create video files or burn directly?
                        3) if I create a video file, then be burned, as I do because at this point, believe me friends, I am in total confusion.
                        please antonvideo ... give me step by step directions to create a video picture from beginning to burn to dvd read them on stand alone dvd reader
                        thanks, otherwise I do a really big mess
                        thank u guy..especially for the patience of antovideo's
                        Last edited by errepiesse; 11-20-2010, 03:15 PM.

Comment

here is the correct way to do it in Edius, step by step as requested
                          http://www.videoproductions.com.au/h...vd-burner.html

alternative:
                          1. export to elementary streams
                          http://www.videoproductions.com.au/h...am-export.html

2. purchase DVD Lab Pro Authoring software at http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/dvdlabpro.html

3. make the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS with DVD Lab Pro (see getting started section in DVD Lab Pro manual)

4. burn to DVD Video by using Nero Burning Rom
                          http://www.videoproductions.com.au/h...-lab-pro3.html
                          Anton Strauss

Comment

thank u.. u'r very right.
                            If I use edius to complete all process,is dvd readable on stand-alone ?
                            my fear is this.
                            I've put dvd in some standalone players that do not read or go in spurts ....it's not so smart :-(
                            somebody told me that's is a problem during burning: some old standalone doesn't read it..
                            In fact I got samsung combo dvd+ vhs and a lot of dvd (incl. those bought) crashes or type "no disc".
                            Only playstation reads all discs.. but does anyone have a Playstation, of course
                            so my anger is to create videos that can be read without fear by all the stand alone ....
                            first step to create nice video is ok, now my thought are about correct burning......
                            thank you

Comment

A longstanding issue for anyone using DVD-R for playback, is that some players are not "certified" for DVD-R playback..these, mostly older, players may stop, refuse to go, get stuck and unstuck, and stutter. DVD players which by specification, ready DVD-+Rs will play back a properly burned disc without a problem. In fact DVD-Rs are routinely used to make glass masters for DVD replication.

A compounding problem for universal DVD-R playback is the way a DVD-R is burnt. Often if your burning bit rate is too high, it may give playback problems. Keeping your bit-rate down below 8000 is generally good practice.
                              And burn speed is a factor as well. Best practice appears to be to only burn 1/2 the speed the disc is rated for - in other word - If the DVD-R is rated for
                              8x burning speed, in recording use 4x burning speed for DVD-R production.

Others here with much more knowledge may chime in, but also remember to use high quality DVD-R disc brands.
                              Documentaries and Art Projects
                              Hudson Valley, NY

i7 8700K @ 3.70 Ghz/16 gb RAM
                              windows 10
                              284 gb SSD boot drive
                              2 TB work disc
                              2TB storage disc
                              EDIUS 9.52.6031
                              Many external project hard drives

Comment

Working...
                              X