Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVRaptorRT2 on WindowsXP 32bit... Edius 5.5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVRaptorRT2 on WindowsXP 32bit... Edius 5.5?

Just wondering if Edius5.5 will recognise and use the RaptorRT2 under WindowsXp 32bit?

I'll mainly be using Windows7 for HD editing, but on the dual boot, I want to keep backwards compatibility, Canopus DV format capture (and TV out) for my existing SD projects, if it's possible.

On a different note, would Edius 5.5, under Windows7 be able to possibly recognise the RT2 as a generic firewire board? It'd be great if it did, save me some expense and an expansion slot on buying a PCIe firewire card.

No on all counts.

The last version of EDIUS that worked with DVRaptor, DVRex, and DVStorm was EDIUS v4.6. Regardless of the OS, EDIUS 5.0 and beyond will not recognize or work with the DVRaptor hardware.

Further, this is not an OHCI (generic DV) device, so it cannot be used for basic DV I/O in any other application. However, getting a FireWire card to add to a workstation is not a tremendous expense; a 32-bit PCI FireWire 400 bus card will run you about $20; a PCI-e FireWire 400 bus card is about twice that.

Comment

thanks for that, it's what I thought, but it was worth checking first just in case.

I'll use my exising old version of Edius 3 under WindowsXP then, and 5.5 or 6 (or whatever's the lastest revision when I get the money together) under WindowsXP.

Just one more thing, can I open a project from Edius 3 in Edius 5.5/6?

Comment

Originally posted by EidolonUK View Post
        Just one more thing, can I open a project from Edius 3 in Edius 5.5/6?
        Yes, though if you used any of the Xplode transitions and effects in your EDIUS v3 project, they will not port and will need to be replaced with the transitions and effects available to you in EDIUS v5/6.

Comment

Thanks for the continued support, I have my new PC now, and am trying to get setup with my exisiting software under WindowsXP until I'm ready for w7/Edius5.5.

Having a few problems though.

Edius3 is installed under XP, and running, albeit without the RaptorRT2, which is still in the old machine.

it doesn't seem to recognise some of my CanopusDV files. I've tried them under both XP and W7, without luck. Most play, but some don't. It looks as if the ones I'm having problems with are 'reference files'. How do I get them to play? do I need my RaptorRT2 in for these to work?

Also, I seem to get a rather profoundly visible interlacing on everything in the Edius windows, something I didn't have on the last machine.

Thanks again.
          Last edited by EidolonUK; 11-07-2010, 02:27 PM. Reason: update

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_CP View Post
            No on all counts.

The last version of EDIUS that worked with DVRaptor, DVRex, and DVStorm was EDIUS v4.6. Regardless of the OS, EDIUS 5.0 and beyond will not recognize or work with the DVRaptor hardware.

Further, this is not an OHCI (generic DV) device, so it cannot be used for basic DV I/O in any other application. However, getting a FireWire card to add to a workstation is not a tremendous expense; a 32-bit PCI FireWire 400 bus card will run you about $20; a PCI-e FireWire 400 bus card is about twice that.
            Dear Chris,

I may be wrong but the last version for the DVRex was 4.24 when I remember correctly?!

Comment

The "Reference Files" are like short cuts. The REF file is only pointing to the REAL avi file. If the real file got deleted or moved, the REF file will not work.
              Example, you have a Document file in some sub-directory and you make a Short-Cut, place it on your desktop. When you click on that shortcut, it will point to the real file. If you move or delete the real document, without deleting the shortcut, the shortcut will no longer work.
              I believe that Edius V1 read REF files, but I'm not sure if Edius V3 does.

Bob

Originally posted by EidolonUK View Post
              Edius3 is installed under XP, and running, albeit without the RaptorRT2, which is still in the old machine.

it doesn't seem to recognise some of my CanopusDV files. I've tried them under both XP and W7, without luck. Most play, but some don't. It looks as if the ones I'm having problems with are 'reference files'. How do I get them to play? do I need my RaptorRT2 in for these to work?

Thanks again.
              AsRock Z170 Extreme6+, I7-6700K OC to 4.7, MSI GTX 980ti, 32gig of ram, H100i cooler, 1TB WD Black for system. WD Black drives For footage, Sizes changes as needed. 2 WD Gold drives are in a Raid setup, Win-10 Pro 64bit. Edius 7.53
              2 24" HD Samsung monitors and a 43" Sony UHD TV, XBR-43X800D. 2, Panasonic DVX-200 Cameras.

Comment

Thanks for that. I remember now. I'll just have to re-encode them all as normal files. Thanks again.

Comment

If the problem truly is referenced files that have moved location, you can use Ref. AVI Manager to remap the AVI references. Don't worry that the installer has funny characters - just [N]ext your way through and the regular interface is in English.

Comment

Working...
                  X