Release Date of Edius 6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Release Date of Edius 6?

Anyone know the release deate of Edius 6?

The end of this week has been thrown around

Comment

Since the demo is version 6.01, will the product launch be 6.0 or 6.01?
      Edius 8.53WG, Vistitle 2.8, Windows 10 x64 Pro Fall Update, Asus Z87 Pro, Intel i7-4770K, 16 GB 1600 Corsair Vengence LP RAM, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB, WD Black 2TB media drive, Intel HD 4600 GPU, MSI GTX660 2GB VGA, Coolermaster Silencio 652 case, Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler, Cakewalk UA-25EX USB audio interface, Cakewalk MA-15D monitor speakers, BM Intensity Pro 4K, PlextorPX-LB950SA BD writer, Dell U2410 Monitor

Comment

Its 6.0 but i am told ,but cant find it 6.01 is up (somehere on the site)
        System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
        Plugins Vistitle 2.8, TP7, NB TFX5
        Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

We had a limited stock yesterday (Monday) which we sent out to our first lot of back orders and the rest will be with us tomorrow. We will also have spare stock after that. 6.01 is on the public site but you probably will not see it until you have a registered copy of EDIUS 6. The only thing I have not seen yet is the Title Motion patch.
          We are putting a CD with the updates with every copy we send out.
          EDIUS silver certified trainer.
          Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
          Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
          Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Sounds like, at least in the UK, 6.0.0 is now in distribution (on the disc) and 6.0.1 is available for download once the owner registers his 6.0.0. Is that a correct assessment?

Comment

Yes. We should get all our remaining stock with some we have not yet sold today. If we get them early enough we will be sending out the items to people with outstanding orders today as well. To any of our customers waiting for their copy we wil get as many as possible out today but given that they are turning up half way through the afternoon they wil mostly go out tomorrow to arrive on Friday.

Also we are including a CD of updates as well as some instructions on how to set up presets for your hardware (this has changed in EDIUS 6), and some presets you can load. If you are having trouble making EDIUS see your hardware (HDSTORM etc) then please read this first.
              Last edited by David Clarke; 11-03-2010, 03:25 PM.
              Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
              Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Unfortunately I have just been told that we are not getting our stock today (we had noticed the absence of large numbers of EDIUS boxes in our warehouse). Our suppliers we "over optimistic" when they told us they were on the way to us as they seem to have been held up en-route somewhere. We are hoping we may get them before the end of the week but I think I will lay off saying we will have them until I actually have the boxes in my hands.

Apologies for giving the wrong information. We had a few in which went out to some of our back orders, but the majority are not here yet. The same should be true for all UK suppliers as we all get them from the same place. Once again sorry for getting people's hopes up.

Comment

thanks for the update info!

The HDspark users should wait for the second software update , am I correct? The current one doesnt have spark drivers.

Thanks,
                  Chris
                  Proud user of EDIUS!

Comment

The EDIUS 6.01 installation supports the following Hardware:
                    STORM 3G
                    STORM 3G Elite
                    HDSTORM
                    HDSPARK
                    HDSPARK Pro
                    FIRECODER Intra
                    FIRECODER BLU
                    Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 11-03-2010, 07:35 PM.
                    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
                    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

What has currently been made at the factory and shipping is EDIUS v6.00 on the installation disk. You will need to download the v6.01 update from the GV website once you have registered your copy of EDIUS v6.

Manufacturing the disks to reflect EDIUS v6.01 installer will be made as a running change over the next 2 months--the factory will ship out what they have as it is available, be that v6.00 or v6.01. More than likely you will receive v6.00 if you buy any EDIUS v6 software-only product through the end of this year.

Since HDSPARK and HDSTORM require EDIUS v6.01 for drivers and functionality, if you buy an HDSPARK or HDSTORM product that is bundled with EDIUS v6, then it will have v6.01 out of necessity.

Comment

Which does mean if you could get a copy you could start using it straight away! Frustration mounts...

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
                          The EDIUS 6.01 installation supports the following Hardware:
                          STORM 3G
                          STORM 3G Elite
                          HDSTORM
                          HDSPARK
                          HDSPARK Pro
                          FIRECODER Intra
                          FIRECODER BLU
                          Sweet! thanks , Im very exited to use this software. Can't wait!
                          Proud user of EDIUS!

Comment

We now have all our EDIUS 6 upgrades in stock (acutally downstairs in the warehouse) and will be sending them out today. We also have spare stock.
                            We will be putting in a disc with the 6.01 updates as well as some notes and presets to help you set up HDSTORM, HDSPARK and FireWire i/o, with some notes. There may be a slightly different version of the 6.01 patch available on the website when you actually recieve the software because of this:

http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...ad.php?t=19350

So use that in preference to the one we have put on the disc. I have to say we have not had and malware problems or detection using our anti-virus software and as Grass Valley say on this thread it may be a problem. However I am sure our customers would rather get the software asap than wait until this is resolved.

Comment

Working...
                            X