Configuring Transitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configuring Transitions

I have a problem configuring certain transition effects, in this particular case the sphere 3D effect.

I basically have a map in my video, and I am trying to configure the sphere transition so the little sphere would emerge from a specific point on the map, but cannot figure out how. In older editions of Edius it was possible to manually configure the starting position of this effect. Is it not possible any more?

works fine here when using GPU transitions/Sphere (not 3D transitions/Sphere)
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Thx

Yup, it works, thanks!

Comment

I have just begun using Edius 5.5. Prior to this I used Rex Edit which had many explode transitions. They appear in Edius 5.5 and I am trying to figure out how in 5.5 using a GPU fly away transition in which Video A & B are in motion with a black background to insert a picture into the background changing it from a solid black to an image. In rex a whole keyframer would appear giving many options: background etc. I have not found this in Edius. Need some help

Comment

After adding the transition, did you double click on it in the Information Palette?

Comment

If I right click on the transition in the effect bin the properties window opens that show what the transition is, but a keyframer window that allows changing of the background or other adjustments does not open. This was pretty straight forward in rex edit. In edius I am getting a choice of transitions with no ability to make changes to movements, colors in background, or adding an image.

Comment

As pjsssss wrote: Add the transition to the timeline, then go to the Information Palette and double click on it (left click, not right). You will have all kinds of options to configure.
              Fred D
              Win 7 Pro-64 bit, EDIUS Workgroup 8.5, Intel Ivy Bridge i5, ASUS P8Z77-V-LK, 8GB Kningston DDR3, Pioneer BDR-209UBK, EVGA NVIDEA GEForce GT630, Corsair TX750M 750w Power Supply, 4 WD Black HDD for 3.15TB, ACEDVIO, Spark HD, eSATA controller, ANTEC 300 case.

Comment

I got it. One more question? In the other settings tab, in the middle of the page there are some options for the background, video a, video b, matte, transparency. How do I change the background to an image rather than a matte color.

Comment

Originally posted by kenb538 View Post
                  I got it. One more question? In the other settings tab, in the middle of the page there are some options for the background, video a, video b, matte, transparency. How do I change the background to an image rather than a matte color.
                  does your transition have a transparent background option? if yes, stick an image or video on a track below the transition
                  Anton Strauss
                  Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Working...
                  X