Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Truly
    replied
    OK, I tried doing an EDL export from my test 720 60p project with a single HQ 720 clip (I think it would be considered 30p since the animation clip was rendered at 30fps?) and I got an error when trying to export:

[EDL for V1 Track and Audio Channel 1-4]
    <writing has been canceled>
    Clips with different frame rates from the current project are on the timeline.

I guess this means that since I originally mistakenly chose the 720 60p project setting when my animations clips would be rendered at 30fps (which means I should have chosen 720 30over60p setting?) it sees the single animation clip as 30p but the project is 60p so it errors?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Mike Truly
    replied
    Brandon,

Thanks for the ideas. I tried this previously but it did give me an error when trying to export the EDL. Something about 'speed'. I'll have to try again and look more closely. I'm pretty sure all the clips are the same framerate but not sure.

In the future with Edius 4.5, I'm wondering if the AAF format would work for exporting as well.

Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    You could try exporting an EDL, if the timecode is all target-framerate-friendly.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Truly
    replied
    Steve,

Thanks for the ideas. I previously sucessfully exported a marker file only to find that markers can't be imported into Edius. So this would mean that I would be reading the timecode values from the markers text file as a means of placing clips in the new SD project. Doable... but tedious. Additionally so because of the time it would take to name the markers in addition to usin them for reference. At this rate, it's just about as fast (which is not very) to rebuild by hand using a rendered version of the HD timeline in order to eyeball clip placement to match the original pacing. This is what I am doing at this point.

Anyway... for future reference... I see that if I create an HD project with 30p over 60p settings and then attempt to change the settings to SD D1, I can do that. So I guess in the future I should be using this HD 720 30p over 60p setting to have this flexibility.

Just wish there way a way to get my 720 60p project to 720 30p/60p setting so I could then switch to D1.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    The preset thing was my bad. I got things confused.

Mike the only way I see you doing this is put markers and naming them. Export the marker list and use those to build the sequence.
    If it can wait after 4.5 is officially released I think I have an idea to help you do this. But you have to own Vegas. (or if the demo is a fully functional time trail it will do)
    I'll do that via pm not to clog the board.
    If what I want to do works your home free :)

Leave a comment:

• Mike Truly
    replied
    Steve,

I can find no 30p settings to change to... with all the previously mentioned attempts to change the settings, the menu is blank. When you start a NEW project, you are presented with many choices as in the attached shots.

But I may not be explaining myself clearly.

I don't need the video footage. I need only the sequence to show up in my SD project so that I have each empty clip located on the precise location of the timeline (as in the finished 720p HD edit). I don't want to have to rebuild the sequence from scratch by hand when the timings are already perfect (as in the 720p edit).

I will be filling each empty clip with it's appropriate 4x3 SD HQ file later (as well as doing some more adjusting).

It appears there is no way to do this. I even renamed the folders where all the footage and titles and graphics reside so when opening the HD project, it could not find anything. In essence, I forced the sequence to be linked to NO footage whatsoever. So I have a sequence with the clips all in the right location... just no footage attached. I still have no way to get these empty clips into my SD timeline. If I try to do an Import Sequence, Edius refuses even though no real footage is attached.

Rendering a 16x9 finished HD project won't work. I merely need to salvage the work I've done in placing the clips on the timeline (as well as effects that were applied to each clip such as CC, Lumakey, whatever) by being able to pull the clip placement into the new SD timeline.

Looks like I'll have to start the rebuilding by hand process.

Thanks anyway.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    Render the project out to a ntsc accepatble frame rate and then put that in a NX Sd project.

Simple.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Truly
    replied
    Steve,

I've got to run out the door to an appointment so I'll look into this when I get back.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Mike Truly
    replied
    Kenneally,

So it sounds like I'm screwed. There's no way for me to get the timeline (I don't really care about the clips) into a D1 4x3 SD project? I can't change to another type of project (such as the generic one I'm presented) and then change again into the SD one I need?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    Can you answer this
    Isn't there a separate 30p hardware/software nx profile. I am not on a nx machine now.
    Because Progressive isn't really (technically) NTSC. (progressive over interlaced is.)

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Truly View Post
    The only ones that will show me the settings is the setting I am already on NHX-E1 HD 60Hz and the Generic OHCI SD NTSC. The Generic OHCI SD NTSC offers me the HDV 480/59.94p 16:9.
    And that sounds about correct - if you start a 720/59.94p project, you will only be able to switch to an SD project of the same framerate handling - in this case 480/59.9p.

Now since the NX board can't output 59.94p (it needs an interlaced equivalent for the HD component output), you only get the option for the Generic OHCI preset.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Truly
    replied
    Steve,

I'm not sure I got the exact screen shots you mentioned but it doesn't matter... all of the others give me the same blank settings list (except that generic one I mentioned).

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    Can you please provide me two screen shots.

1 Try choosing a NHX-E1 24 preset to switch
    2 when trying to choose a OHCI SD preset on switch.

Isn't there a separate 30p hardware profile. I am not on a nx machine now.
    Because Progressive isn't really (technically) NTSC. (progressive over interlaced is.)

Steve
    Last edited by SRsupport; 08-06-2007, 05:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Truly
    replied
    Anton,

From my 720p simple test project... when I try to select the other project settings to change to... I get nothing.

The only ones that will show me the settings is the setting I am already on NHX-E1 HD 60Hz and the Generic OHCI SD NTSC. The Generic OHCI SD NTSC offers me the HDV 480/59.94p 16:9.

I just don't know why I'm not being offered any settings.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Mike Truly
    replied
    Steve,

Here's a shot of the project settings before trying to change to SD:

Then I try and select NHX-E1 SD NTSC and then the middle area is empty... nothing to select and the OK button is grayed out (cuz I haven't been able to select a setting yet).

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X