NX Output from Edius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NX Output from Edius

Twice I've I've done this and twice the same problem! (in different locations)

From a 16:9 HQ timeline I change the project settings to 4:3 DV to output to YouTube.

I see lines like this regularly with NX external monitor, but I've never seen them on rendered files!

Here's the output with the problem at 1:20. (this time) Who knows where it will be next time!

Rusty
    Rusty Rogers | Films
    >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
    >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
    Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

these look like DV or DVCAM tape dropouts

sometimes they not always visible but changing project setting may reveal them
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Hmmm when you scrub over that exact time is this still visible? How did you go out to the final? Straight from Edius into ProCoder or to a DV file first?

Comment

They look like drop outs.

If they appear around the area of start stop of the camcorder might be a problem with the camcorder. Needs to go to service.

If it happens randomly clean the heads of the deck and capture again. look if the are there.

It could also be that your deck needs servicing.

Rollers and stuff.

Last thing CHEAP TAPE is a known for dropouts. We always use sony dvcam tape mini and regular.
        Steve
        EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
        A proud EDIUS EDITOR
        For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

All valid points guys, but...

This was shot with a Sony FX1 and Z1u with new Panasonic tapes. (Easy fellas)
          The dropouts do not appear on the timeline.
          The first time through, the dropouts appeared in another scene.
          Although I havn't rendered it yet, my guess is they will not appear in my final .m2t file.
          Because it is a rendered DV file (from HDV), perhaps that has somthing to do with it.
          Yes, the music has (unrelated) problems, but we're on that.
          Keeping on topic, the edit was 100% native Edius.

Do others get anomalies similar to these in their NX external monitor?
          For me, these appear randomly and scrubbing back shows there is no (serious) problem. My NX monitor blips are much finer and appear in a diagonal pattern.
          Anton may be on to something, but my experience with HDV dropouts are more like a gap than pixel blips. That long GOP thingie.

Rusty
          Last edited by Rusty; 08-04-2007, 05:07 AM. Reason: !
          Rusty Rogers | Films
          >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
          >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Comment

hdv now you tell us :)
            Steve
            A proud EDIUS EDITOR
            For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Consider yourself told.

Now, educate me on this one...

People do DV projects in HQ???

Rusty
              Rusty Rogers | Films

Comment

Sometimes. Some people choose to capture it to HQ for compositing.
                Beta is also captured to Hq often. Even if I have dv footage my project render setting are HQ when the project is graphic intensive.
                HQ is not for HDV only if that is what you wanted to know.
                Renders out of AE or done HQ sd and HD.

Steve
                Steve
                A proud EDIUS EDITOR

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                  Do others get anomalies similar to these in their NX external monitor?
                  For me, these appear randomly and scrubbing back shows there is no (serious) problem. My NX monitor blips are much finer and appear in a diagonal pattern.
                  This really sounds like either a board problem (video buffer corruption or bad RAM on board), though it's possible that it's some kind of bus bandwidth or overlay problem as well.

Has this always been the case, or is it a new occurrence?

Comment

Back to this now nagging problem

In the past the occurrence of these anomalies have been sporadic at best and never in rendered video. But with 4.51 they occur frequently and they must be weeded from rendered sections. Re-rendering tiny sections has no problems.

I'll test with 4.51c if I can download an uncorrupted copy!
                    Rusty
                    Rusty Rogers | Films

Comment

Working...
                    X