Recommended sound card with NX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended sound card with NX?

We keep getting inconsistent audio monitor output with NX and edius 4 when we have three sound tracks (The final output/export is fine though). We don't have a separate sound card, but only the mobo (Asus P5W64-WS PRO) built in chip. Might a separate sound card fix our problems? Any recommended cards that works well with NX (Not too expensive... We don't need xlr and so on =)? Thanks.

Why not monitor the audio from the NX?
    Steve
    EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
    A proud EDIUS EDITOR
    For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Originally posted by SRsupport View Post
      Why not monitor the audio from the NX?
      That was what we did when we got problems with three sound sources... (The volume starts fluxing) When we shift to monitoring the audio from the mobo directly its ok. (Sry 4 not making myself clear in the first post...) There is a audio wire from the mobo to the nx card, so I thought it was related somehow?

Comment

Where do you plug your speakers?
        Steve
        A proud EDIUS EDITOR
        For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

When the speakers and output monitor audio is connected to the NX card we get the problems, when we plug the speakers directly to the mobo audio output it's fine.

Comment

That's what I want to know.
            You are connecting
            1 speakers
            2 monitor out.

How do you have them connected to the NX/expention kit?

Can you be a little more detailed?

Sr
            Steve
            A proud EDIUS EDITOR

Comment

Why not compare both outputs? I use an Alesis Multimix8. Built-in Plug & Play soundcard works nicely with Edius (now on topic) voiceover. I disable my onboard sound and I can fade between NX, Multimix8 sound and various decks.

I plan to pair it with the new Breinger in August.

Rusty
              Rusty Rogers | Films
              >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
              >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
              Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Working...
              X