Lets make a deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets make a deal

o.k. I know that GV and Edius is going to be aimed at movie makers and broadcast and they dont really care about my market anymore and I have come to terms with that now. SO i'll make you a deal just add a hand full of features to the DVD exporter and forget about quick title i'll buy Visititle. Sound Fair?? Come on theres always room for Edius 6.1.
    Randy

Asus sabertooth MB Z97 16 gigs of ram SSD system and edit drives Nvidia GTX-660 video card

Dear Rando! I do not use titles more then video so Quicktitler is fine for me, I want more features in Edius and I am not paying for another product from China... Sorry, but their economy is better then ours and our stores are full with "Made in China" goods. I will invest MY MONEY differently, Sorry.
    Asus P8P67, Intel i7 2600K working at 4.50 Ghz, 16Gb Kingston RAM, Windows 7 64bit, 500Gb system drive, 320Gb Data drive and 1TB RAID-0 for AV, Edius NX Express, EVGA nVidia GTX 570 2.5CB DDR5, 750w ALTEC power and some creativity...

Comment

So I guess i'll be returning that 10 piece china tea set I got you for Christmas.
      Randy

Asus sabertooth MB Z97 16 gigs of ram SSD system and edit drives Nvidia GTX-660 video card

Comment

Originally posted by rando View Post
        o.k. I know that GV and Edius is going to be aimed at movie makers and broadcast
        Who said that?

Though EDIUS has been used to edit some films, it's surely not positioned as a film editor.

Broadcast? Sure. But there are still many features aimed at non-broadcasters as well.

As for abandoning QuickTitler, there's still the risk of falling into the same boat as with TMPro. VisTitle might get bought by a big company one day, or just plain discontinued... and all you'll have left is QuickTitler, not developed much because it was ignored and unloved by users.

It's a bit of a chicken-and-egg. If few are asking for QuickTitler to be improved, it won't be - and few will use it, and therefore few will ask for it to be improved, and so on...

Nothing is forever, but at least QuickTitler is part of EDIUS and maintained by Grass Valley, therefore it is 100% under our control.

Comment

im sure if Quick Titler is improved by GV we will love it, so GV come on court us! lets see how attractive you can be. Sorry VX but for many users mayble Vistitler is too expensive as good as it is
          System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
          Plugins Vistitle 2.8, TP7, NB TFX5
          Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
            If few are asking for QuickTitler to be improved, it won't be -
            I'm not convinced on that logic. Why do users need to specifically ask before any product is improved? Any why is it the users fault if it's not improved?

If any company develops a product that lacks features and it is not taken up by users for that reason, the company needs to improve it until it gets sales. It cannot blame the buyers for not buying it.

As you have pointed out GV has 100% control of QuickTitler.
            Last edited by beachside; 09-16-2010, 12:24 PM.
            Cheers,
            Stuart.

Comment

The real issue for GV is would an improved QuickTitler (QT) sell more enough Edius to merit the effort, or would it allow allow the price point of Edius to be increased enough to recover the investment.

The Edius price point is in large part determined by the competiton; Vegas, Premiere, etc., so there is limited room for movement there.

A NTE has to include some form of Titler, even if of limited capability. It serves that purpose as is.

It become a business decision, is the lack of a better titler likely to cause users to jump ship - and user requests for QT improvement factor into that decision.

I've mainly used the titlers that came with Premiere 6.x and Liquid, and so far I've not been impressed with QT or its user interface. Maybe over time I will get more used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by beachside View Post
                I'm not convinced on that logic. Why do users need to specifically ask before any product is improved? Any why is it theusers fault if it's not improved?
                Because... as we have seen in the past - if you let the engineers develop new features without user input, you get cool-but-sometimes-wacky stuff. Case in point, Time Remap.

So, tell us what would make you use QuickTitler more. Otherwise, you're going to get something wacky, then you'll complain about us "wasting time on useless features" and everyone goes home unhappy.

It's like when you turn in your term paper and the professor says simply, "This isn't good enough" and that's it. What do you do to improve it? Do you rewrite it completely, do you change the font, paint racing stripes on it? The why and how are important things.

Comment

I am a little lost as I feel the community has been giving suggestions. We have been waiting for Version 6 of Edius to implement a lot of requests.

Now that Edius 6 has been shown do we have to hope for version 7 which will be in 1 1/2 to 2 years to get the titler improved?

I have not seen v6 so I am only going upon the sample videos and comments from people who have tried it. If there have been QT improvements please let me know and I appologize for the incorrect info.

I also agree, the titler has been kind of forgotten about sine I have been using Edius (version 2). That is nothing other than a company's decision process, not a community desire.
                  Asus Prime X299-A - Intel i9 7900x all cores @4.3GHz 2 cores @4.5GHz - 32GB RAM - NVidia GTX1070 - Edius 9 WG - BM Intensity 4k - Boris RED - Vitascene 2 - Windows 10

Comment

QT works well enough for me. It's no After Effects, but it does give me titles. I've never had anyone rave about my titles, but I've also never had anyone complain about them, either. The product lives up to its name: quick titles.

If I want some super-fancy titles, I'll use AE. Now, if only GV could bring out an AE competitior that integrates with Edius...
                    Ken

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit * Edius 5.51 * Intel i7 920 * ASUS P6T * 6GB DDR3 1600 * 1 TB SATA OS drive * 1 TB SATA application drive * 1 TB SATA RAID 0 for video only * GeForce GTS 250 1 GB * Hammer Technologies 2 TB NAS * Contour Designs Shuttle Pro * Canon XH-A1 * DataVideo DN-60 CF Recorder * Addonics Multi-Card Reader

Comment

Originally posted by Gundark View Post
                      QT works well enough for me. It's no After Effects, but it does give me titles. I've never had anyone rave about my titles, but I've also never had anyone complain about them, either. The product lives up to its name: quick titles.

If I want some super-fancy titles, I'll use AE. Now, if only GV could bring out an AE competitior that integrates with Edius...
                      ae bridge perhaps? they have it

Comment

I think a deal at the right price with Videostar for Vistitler would crack it and make many users happy, just like what GV has done with Prodad for Vitascene.
                        Raja Singh
                        Sadha Video
                        UK
                        1st:HDStorm+expansion bay,i7 3770K Ivy Bridge, Asus P8Z77-V,16Gb Corsair RAM,nvidia GT-650,Lian Li PC-A7110B Tower Case,NEC 24" Monitor,Win7 64bit,Vistitle 2.6,Edius 8.2
                        2nd:HDSpark, i7 3770K Ivy Bridge, Asus P8Z77-V,16Gb Corsair RAM,nvidia GT-650, Lian-Li case, Asus 24" Monitor,Win7 64bit,Vistitle 2.6,Edius 8.2
                        3rd:IntensityPro4K,i7 4790K,Asus Z97-K,16Gb Corsair RAM,Geforce GTX750Ti,Corsair case,Asus 24"Monitor, Win7 64bit,Vistitle2.6,Edius 8.2
                        Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

QT is verry good for QUCK SIMPLY TITLES - and I use it in 70 % of my work. Work is about time saving.

It doesnt need to have animations but only some simply improvements !!!

I can offer You few from my experience:

1. - Text imput bar should be visible at the first open !

2. - Possibility to copy or apply only specific atributes from the style
                          ( for instance if I want to change only shadow or outline and left all other atributes untouched.) May be right in the button menu.

3. - Easy Function to SPLIT multipleline text (paragraf) in to separate lines.

4. - <PREWIEV ALL TITLES> Switch that can render and show all titles on certain point of timeline ( without closing QT)
                          Normally when I edit QT I can see only thouse titles that are above edited ant sometimes is hard to compose them according to those in the bottom.
                          Especially when editting table of names... winers in competition...

5. - <save as> is great - but sometimes i like to see the name of title on timeline.
                          I always copy the topmost line and paste it as a name of title. -
                          Lets automate it. As it works in Word.
                          Let set the name of title in <save as> begins in - what is written in the first row and then add the number..

6. - utility or button which can SPLIT one title in to bunch of titles - Each line in to separate title.
                          Its easier to compose all texts together in one title but on timeline I need different timing for each row.
                          It should be ease because .etl is an XML code. I think I can write simple utility that can split that father XML .etl file in to a family.

fo example:
                          Winer_tab.etl split in to ---> Winer_tab-001.etl, Winer_tab-002.etl, Winer_table-003.etl.......
                          than I can add different appearing on the screen for each line
                          (And dont forget to keep the parent title to possible changes )

With this few very simple changes QT can gain a lot. These improvements doesnt need to rewite QT.
                          Last edited by Romigo; 09-16-2010, 09:26 PM.

Comment

See the other side of it is I can use something like QT and it will handle what I do now kinda BUT if I had something better I may be able to GROW. BTW I never meant to say GVG should dump QT as in remove it I meant pretty much what you said is simply stop development.
                            Randy

Comment

Working...
                            X