Edius Broadcast and HD-DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius Broadcast and HD-DVD

It seems that some of the HDV people are having good success authoring HD-DVD data from some of the cheaper NLEs onto standard DVDs using standard DVD burners. They get about 20 minutes of HD-DVD on a regular DVD disc (40 minutes on a double-sided disc), and the HD-DVD players apparently recognize the HD-DVD and output a HD signal. Most appear to be authoring in MPEG-2.

I use an HVX-200 with DVCPRO-HD. Is it possible to have Edius downconvert the DVCPRO-HD to a MPEG-2 or H.264 data file that could be used in a similar way to create a poor man's HD-DVD ?

Originally posted by witchdoctor View Post
    I use an HVX-200 with DVCPRO-HD. Is it possible to have Edius downconvert the DVCPRO-HD to a MPEG-2 or H.264 data file that could be used in a similar way to create a poor man's HD-DVD ?
    Should be, yes. Just edit in Edius Broadcast and use the "Speed Encoder" output option to render the results out to HDV, then pull that into something like Pinnacle Studio to author your HD-DVD.
    Edius 6.5 on Lenovo W520 laptop: Intel Core i7-2720QM @2.2 GHz, Nvidia graphics card, 8GB RAM, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. Canon Vixia HF-G10, three Sony HDV video cameras and one Canon 7D.

Comment

Working...
    X