Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edius 5.5 (upcoming 6.0) and Apple Pro Res 422

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Edius 5.5 (upcoming 6.0) and Apple Pro Res 422

    There was a discussion on another forum concerning an external recorder (either HDMI or HD/SDI out) that records to Apple ProRes 422. Will these files work natively in Edius - I would think so since Quicktime is supported by Edius. Has anyone had real world experience with this and any problems running real time on a good editing station (top of the line i7 extreme processor)?
    VIDEO WORKSTATION: Dell T7910, Dual Xeon 10 core CPUs, 128GB RAM, 512GB SSD (OS Drive),12 TB Video Drive (Raid 0), Dual NVIDIA GTX Titan X graphic cards (12GB), Blackmagic Decklink Extreme 4K card
    MOBILE VIDEO WORKSTATION: Dell Precision 7710, Xeon E3 1535, 64GB RAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe system drive, 2- 1TB PCIe NVMe drives in RAID 0,4K UHD Display,Nvidia Quadro M5000M,

  • #2
    Originally posted by planetweckesser View Post
    There was a discussion on another forum concerning an external recorder (either HDMI or HD/SDI out) that records to Apple ProRes 422. Will these files work natively in Edius - I would think so since Quicktime is supported by Edius. Has anyone had real world experience with this and any problems running real time on a good editing station (top of the line i7 extreme processor)?
    Apple ProRes works fine as long as QT for Windows support it. I'm working a long time with Apple ProRes + Apple ProResHQ QT files & I had never any problem in EDIUS 5.0, 5.1, 5.5, 5.51.
    Andreas Gumm
    post production / authoring
    PC 1Intel Core i7-970 (6 x 3.20 GHz),
    ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, 12 GB RAM, Geforce 9800GT
    Windows 7 Ultimate,
    GV software: EDIUS 7.42, VisTitle v2.5,
    GV hardware: 3G Storm
    software SONY DoStudio Indie + EX 4.0.11
    PC 2
    Intel Core i7-3770, GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H F14, 16GB RAM,
    Geforce 650 GTX, 5x HDD, Windows 7,
    GV software: EDIUS 7.42, ProCoder 3.0
    GV hardware: HD SPARK
    software: Telestream Switch, DTS-HD MAS, Dolby Media Meter

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Andreas_Gumm View Post
      Apple ProRes works fine as long as QT for Windows support it. I'm working a long time with Apple ProRes + Apple ProResHQ QT files & I had never any problem in EDIUS 5.0, 5.1, 5.5, 5.51.
      Thanks Andreas - appreciate the input.
      VIDEO WORKSTATION: Dell T7910, Dual Xeon 10 core CPUs, 128GB RAM, 512GB SSD (OS Drive),12 TB Video Drive (Raid 0), Dual NVIDIA GTX Titan X graphic cards (12GB), Blackmagic Decklink Extreme 4K card
      MOBILE VIDEO WORKSTATION: Dell Precision 7710, Xeon E3 1535, 64GB RAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe system drive, 2- 1TB PCIe NVMe drives in RAID 0,4K UHD Display,Nvidia Quadro M5000M,

      Comment


      • #4
        I can second Andreas' post. ProRes 422 (in both flavors mentioned) works fine.

        Comment


        • #5
          I cant get them to work on my system.

          Are they the same as those recorded in JVC HM700 cameras ?

          If so, what have I to do ?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by murphyvideos View Post
            I cant get them to work on my system.

            Are they the same as those recorded in JVC HM700 cameras ?

            If so, what have I to do ?
            No, your cam records in another codec option! You have the choice to record in XDCAM EX (MOV) or MP4 file format. If you record in XDCAM EX mode you need the QuickTime Plugin from Calibrated Software: http://www.calibratedsoftware.com/
            As I heared from others it works fine in EDIUS too after installing it.
            Andreas Gumm
            post production / authoring
            PC 1Intel Core i7-970 (6 x 3.20 GHz),
            ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, 12 GB RAM, Geforce 9800GT
            Windows 7 Ultimate,
            GV software: EDIUS 7.42, VisTitle v2.5,
            GV hardware: 3G Storm
            software SONY DoStudio Indie + EX 4.0.11
            PC 2
            Intel Core i7-3770, GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H F14, 16GB RAM,
            Geforce 650 GTX, 5x HDD, Windows 7,
            GV software: EDIUS 7.42, ProCoder 3.0
            GV hardware: HD SPARK
            software: Telestream Switch, DTS-HD MAS, Dolby Media Meter

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by murphyvideos View Post
              I cant get them to work on my system.

              Are they the same as those recorded in JVC HM700 cameras ?

              If so, what have I to do ?
              I also have the 700 ( and the 100 as well) as I would recommend shooting in MP4 mode. the licensing for the plug-in is not user friendly(machine code tied, cant move to another machine) to make me want to shoot in QT
              John Sirb
              Lake Breeze Video Lorain,OH
              --------------------
              SYS 1: Edius 9, Vistitle 2.5, Boris Red,Neat Video, Gigabyte Z170x G5, I7 6700K 4.0Mz Skylake, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB x2, NVIDIA QUARTO 2000



              JVC HM-100,JVC HM-700, JVC HM-600, Canon 80D

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks for that. I have been using mp4 for a while now but a few of my earlier jobs were shot in quicktime.

                Any suggestions then for opening up all them folders to get the mp4 files ???

                Is there a quicker way ?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by murphyvideos View Post
                  Thanks for that. I have been using mp4 for a while now but a few of my earlier jobs were shot in quicktime.

                  Any suggestions then for opening up all them folders to get the mp4 files ???

                  Is there a quicker way ?
                  this was posted here a while back of a free program that will convert the QT to mp4. It's in German but it's pretty easy to figure out.

                  http://www.mik-digital.de/programme.html

                  qt to mpg.exe

                  this save my bacon when I first got the 100
                  John Sirb
                  Lake Breeze Video Lorain,OH
                  --------------------
                  SYS 1: Edius 9, Vistitle 2.5, Boris Red,Neat Video, Gigabyte Z170x G5, I7 6700K 4.0Mz Skylake, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB x2, NVIDIA QUARTO 2000



                  JVC HM-100,JVC HM-700, JVC HM-600, Canon 80D

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by murphyvideos View Post
                    Thanks for that. I have been using mp4 for a while now but a few of my earlier jobs were shot in quicktime.

                    Any suggestions then for opening up all them folders to get the mp4 files ???

                    Is there a quicker way ?
                    a hint I found here for transfering mp4 (and it's worked like a champ)

                    run search and point to the card from the 700

                    search wildcard (*) .mp4 ( so that's *.mp4)
                    now only the actual mp4 files with come up then copy or move to your drive
                    John Sirb
                    Lake Breeze Video Lorain,OH
                    --------------------
                    SYS 1: Edius 9, Vistitle 2.5, Boris Red,Neat Video, Gigabyte Z170x G5, I7 6700K 4.0Mz Skylake, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB x2, NVIDIA QUARTO 2000



                    JVC HM-100,JVC HM-700, JVC HM-600, Canon 80D

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Cheers,
                      Thanks John. That should save alot of mouse clicks !

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X