Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tdtinker
    • May 2007

Originally posted by GrassValley_MD
    The problem is that the users that are upset are upset because they have projects with TMP tites in them. Another titler would not make them happy... TMP would make them happy.
    I guess the user are at fault for not going with Qtitler.
    tdtinker
    tdtinker
    3 Edit Systems all running widows 10: 1 Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz Quad Core 8MB 77W Edius 8.5 Vistitler 2.6.0 Window 10-12 GB-
    1 i7 QUAD CORE 920 2.66GHz 8MB 130W Overclocked to at least 3.5GHz Edius 7.51
    New system: Asus X99 i7 6900K 3.2GHz, 32GB DDR 4 Ram, GTX 1070
    Edius 8.5
    www.actvp.com

Comment

• tdtinker
      • May 2007

Originally posted by shueardm
      That would be easy enough to explain and worked around, times do have to change but you goto give back an equivilant replacement or it can be seen as a downgrade.
      At least give us a replacement and some notice so we can ease out of TMP.
      GV must understand that titles are a major part of any production.
      tdtinker
      tdtinker
      3 Edit Systems all running widows 10: 1 Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz Quad Core 8MB 77W Edius 8.5 Vistitler 2.6.0 Window 10-12 GB-
      1 i7 QUAD CORE 920 2.66GHz 8MB 130W Overclocked to at least 3.5GHz Edius 7.51
      New system: Asus X99 i7 6900K 3.2GHz, 32GB DDR 4 Ram, GTX 1070
      Edius 8.5
      www.actvp.com

Comment

• GrassValley_MD
        Mike Downey... The Jollymon
        • Apr 2007

That is not what I said at all... I was just pointing out that a replacement titler would not help a user that has many projects ith TMP titles in them as the other titler would not open them.

So I was not trying to put anyone down with that post... just pointing out to the poster that another titler wouldn't help those that the most upset about TMP

Comment

• dnavas
          • Aug 2010

The problem is that the users that are upset are upset because they have projects with TMP tites in them. Another titler would not make them happy... TMP would make them happy.
          Or a conversion utility from TMP --> whatever new product might replace it.
          In fact, even an imperfect conversion solution, while there would be grumbling, might be better received than just TMP overall.

-Dave
          2950X 32GB Win10, Gigabyte GTX 970 (IXOC), dual EA275UHD, QNAP 873 (w/10GbE). Video source typically HC-X1 or Panny TM700; Audio DR-701D and Rode NT4. Edius 8.5 WG w/ Vistitle & TmpGenC.

Comment

• Jeff Chandler
            • May 2007

If you're running a business that has to return to older projects created with TMP, I would say buy it to take care of your customers. I don't like wasting money any more than the next person, but if you're running a business that is profitable, buying the tools or materials necessary is just part of the cost of doing business. But I would also suggest "biting the bullet" and purchasing Vistitler, too. And if you don't need to reeturn to projects with TMP, I certainly wouldn't waste dollars on it. Vistitler is a much more user friendly software and of very high quality. Personally, I never liked TMP and I'm so thankful for an option like Vistitler. And they seem to be a company that wants to please the end user and to continue working on future development. I think they hit a home run first time up to bat.

I'm not trying to defend GV, but they're not the first company to drop support for titlers. Adobe did it with Title Deko. Even Apple seems to have scaled back development of their own Livetype (formerly India). Just saying there are good options out there.
            Jeff Chandler
            High School Broadcast Adviser
            Freelance videographer & editor

Comment

• johnsirb
              • May 2007

Originally posted by Jeff Chandler
              If you're running a business that has to return to older projects created with TMP, I would say buy it to take care of your customers. I don't like wasting money any more than the next person, but if you're running a business that is profitable, buying the tools or materials necessary is just part of the cost of doing business.
              I would agree with the points that Jeff made. I've got both VisT and TMP and have been using TMP since my old Speed Razor days ( with the parallel port dongles) but I think the the program's been a dead man walking since the day Leitch/Harris bought it.

I havent completely switched over to VisT because in part there is one thing that TMP can do that Vis cant, and that's put an outline/shadow on an imported image/logo, which I use a lot of. yes there is a workaround, but I do hope that this technical hurdle can be figured out and I can say see ya to TMP
              John Sirb
              Lake Breeze Video Lorain,OH
              --------------------
              SYS 1: Edius 9, Vistitle 2.5, Boris Red,Neat Video, Gigabyte Z170x G5, I7 6700K 4.0Mz Skylake, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB x2, NVIDIA QUARTO 2000

JVC HM-100,JVC HM-700, JVC HM-600, Canon 80D

Comment

• antonsvideo
                • May 2007

yes, a few quirks need to be sorted with vistitler

such as inability to double click a word to select it
                Anton Strauss
                Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 64GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

• shueardm
                  • May 2007

Originally posted by Jeff Chandler
                  I think they hit a home run first time up to bat.
                  Absolutely. Even the cost is not unfair IMHO. It's only when you pay for something like TMP which we all have done and then are told to pay again for no new features or lose it, that's crazy.

Interestingly I have just been told by Jerry at Vistitle (I hope he doesn't mind me quoting him) that there is a new version 1.5 coming out this month (FREE UPGRADE) and even when version 2.0 comes around it is FREE UPGRADE. Add in their pleasant, interested and punctual support and which methodology looks the better?

RIP TMP.
                  AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, RTX 3080, 64GB RAM, EDIUS X WG.

Comment

• tingsern
                    • May 2007

I don't mind RIP TMPro - provided the NEXT product I have is able to continue to support the older titles that have already been created in TMPro. I have lots of legacy videos as well - all done in TMPro. They do take up significant amount of time. If the next titler can support those created in TMPro with little or no user input, I get my wallet out immediately :-). Having said that, I don't think QuickTiltler, VisTitler, etc - all will replace TMPro based on that criteria. That means - I will have to evaluate the upgrade of EDIUS 6 if I have to pay for an upgrade cost to TMPro to support EDIUS 6 (as what others have said) - for NO improvements to the product at all.
                    TingSern
                    --------------------------------------
                    Edius 10 WG, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 11 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema

Comment

• johnsirb
                      • May 2007

Originally posted by tingsern
                      I don't mind RIP TMPro - provided the NEXT product I have is able to continue to support the older titles that have already been created in TMPro.
                      But it is almost to the point of trying to play your 8-track tapes in the car's CD player because you've got some great tunes on those tapes.

Maybe the thing to consider is a transition period and start moving away from TMP because lets face it, Harris walked away from it many, many moons ago ( just found their forum and the most recent post from anyone at Harris was nearly three years ago)
                      John Sirb
                      Lake Breeze Video Lorain,OH
                      --------------------
                      SYS 1: Edius 9, Vistitle 2.5, Boris Red,Neat Video, Gigabyte Z170x G5, I7 6700K 4.0Mz Skylake, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB x2, NVIDIA QUARTO 2000

JVC HM-100,JVC HM-700, JVC HM-600, Canon 80D

Comment

• tingsern
                        • May 2007

Tell me - what would you do in this situation. Your client comes walking in and ask you to revive a video - says he wants to change some of the titles ... and you go and retrieve it - and it is in TMPro format. Are you going to explain to your client that EDIUS 6 can't support it anymore? No way, right? That's my problem .... AND I am sure, a lot of other folks too.
                        TingSern
                        --------------------------------------
                        Edius 10 WG, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 11 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema

Comment

• caminostereo
                          • Oct 2007

We all know that the titles are the backbone of any video production.

Since EDIUS 4 knew that TMP was dead... so none of us users always of EDIUS do not expect any update of TMP, and we do not need with advanced characteristics that appeared, there was more than enough to keep working, this does not deny a fact so obvious that many TMP titles have users in our projects and we wish to reedit in EDIUS 6 keeping our source projects, as well as stressed Tingsern maintain support of projects for our client are important.

The main weakness that has until now EDIUS, is its own title "Quick Titler" which has many limitations for 2D/3D title animation, this situation should be changed and agenda in a future version or update develop Quick Titler more expand its animation features, users always gradually stop using third-party plugins titles, knowing that you will always have the proper support in future versions of EDIUS and thus not dependent on anyone.
                          Last edited by caminostereo; 09-14-2010, 07:03 AM.
                          CSXD2 l For EDIUS Pro 6.5
                          http://cinemasuite.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Harro
                            • May 2007

The production bundle is only $599?? Where? I want to buy it at that cost!
                            My complete post mentioned Edius v6 AND a decent titler, combined cost, NOT just the CS5 Production Bundle. The Edius v6 upgrade will be in the vicinity of around $500, a decent titler e.g. Vistitle is around $530 (in Australia), total about $1,000. The CS5 Production Bundle upgrade is about $1130, I would say that the Edius v6 upgrade and a decent titler would therefore cost about the same as the CS5 Production upgrade.
                            i7 3930K, Win 10 pro 64 Bit.
                            RAM 32 GB.
                            ASUS P9X79-Deluxe.
                            PS Thermaltake 1kW.
                            Graphics Gigabyte GTX1660 OC.
                            OS:Intel 535 SSD 480 GB, Data: two 2TB WD Cavier Black, RAID 0.
                            Cameras: Sony EX1, AX100, x1000v, A7R4, DJI Mavic 2 Pro
                            SW: Edius v8.53 WG & 9.52 WG, Vegas 17 Pro, CS6, Resolve Studio 16, Hitfilm 2017, Sound Forge 13, SpectraLayers Pro v6.0, Neat Video v5, Vistitle 2.8.5 TMPEnc VMWorks 7, Auth. Works 6, MochaPro v4.1, Robuskey, DVD Architect 7, 3D LUT Creator.

Comment

• GrassValley_BH
                              Demystifier/Analogizer
                              • Apr 2007

A few important points:
                              1. Anything not produced by Grass Valley that is included in the bundle with EDIUS is done for the benefit of our customers, in good faith. Through time this has included a number of software pieces like SoundSoap, TitleMotion and NewBlue effects.

In the past we've had complaints from people who don't use TMP - "I don't want to pay for TMP - I don't use it" - people perceived they were paying extra for something they don't use.

So, we're giving users choice.

2. QuickTitler is included with, and part of, EDIUS. It has always been developed by us, but many users in the beginning wanted other titlers like TitleMotion, so we went in that direction. If you think QuickTitler should be improved/enhanced instead, please provide your feedback in the Feature Requests forum.

3. Just like exporters, titlers plug in to EDIUS. This means titlers (and exporters) need to be updated to support EDIUS, not EDIUS updated to support them. In theory, any Windows app could plug into EDIUS as a titler, it's just up to the application developer to write the necessary code to speak to EDIUS.

4. "Upgrades without new features" happen for the same reason. I have plug-ins for other applications (read "Adobe") that don't add any major new features - but the upgrade was necessary because the plug-in architecture was upgraded at some version.

Comment

• Vaughan Wood
                                • May 2007

Brandon,

I agree with everything you said, but again, here in Australia, the retail price for Vistitle from the one Australian online retailer is now $529.00, when our dollar is buying US$0.93. Many feel this is too high, even with GST. (10% added).

We need some other alternative, so if you help to get a reasonalbly priced bundle to include Vistitle for Edius 6 that would help a lot. (esp. as I have two systems to upgrade).

Cheers,

Vaughan
                                Main Edit System ASUS Z170-Pro, 6700K, 32 gig ram HD Spark, Windows 7 64bit Edius 8.1 (Edit Machine)
                                2nd System Intel DZ77BH, 3770K, 16 GB ram, Edius 8.1 (ingest and authoring)
                                3rd system (internet & Printing station)

Comment

Working...