X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDIUS 6 Bundle...

This is what is going to be bundled with EDIUS 6

New Blue - Video Essentials 1 and 3

ProDAD - Vitascene and Marcalli 2 (Marcalli has been updated to the latest version)

iZotope - VST Plugins ( the same set that was included in 5.X)

Thanks for this Mike.

I will certainly be upgrading pdq. I use Vistitle mainly now but have many legacy projects with TMP files included. I noticed that TMP is not now included with E6. Will my E5 TMP still work in it?

Also I'm using Imaginate 2. It may be that the revised E6 layout pane makes this redundant, but do you happen to know whether E6 is compatible with Imaginate files?

Cheers Alan(uk)
    Alan.

More or less retired now. Still on the Essex(UK) coast. Edius 8.2wg all sorts of other, more or less redundant kit - production & Post.

Comment

IM2 will never be redundant because it can do stills at 30000 x 30000 pixel

I am not sure if IM2 will work in E6 using IVT, I doubt it
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Agreed about IM2 Anton, it's just so convenient having the IM files in Edius for retiming etc.
        Alan.

More or less retired now. Still on the Essex(UK) coast. Edius 8.2wg all sorts of other, more or less redundant kit - production & Post.

Comment

I notice on all the threads I read so far about Edius 6, no one has answered the question 'will TMP that came with V5 work in v6'. I would really like to know as well, as I am so used to it, and all my on going work has so many titles using it....

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
            IM2 will never be redundant because it can do stills at 30000 x 30000 pixel

I am not sure if IM2 will work in E6 using IVT, I doubt it
            Hmmm..whats the max size the layout tool can handle with the setting 'original size'? Works good here with stills from my slr camera.
            Last edited by Zorro; 09-12-2010, 01:54 PM.

Comment

if you feed Edius with a 30,000 x 30,000 image, it will have a spasm attack and you need to call the butcher for emergency slaughtering

I don't know the exact size that Edius can do, maybe 6000x4000 but whatever it is, it is caused by Quicktime, which is what is used to handle stills

once Edius gets rid of Quicktime for stills, then we may have a real replacement for IM2
              Anton Strauss
              Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Yes Anton, Quicktime is the bain of still life existence. Do away with it and do some real work.
                Jerry
                Six Gill DV
                www.sgdvtutorials.com
                If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

To clarify the TM Pro situation, I'm afraid the answer is no, the TM Pro that came with EDIUS v5 will not work with EDIUS v6. You will need to upgrade the TM Pro as well or alternatively purchase VisTitle.

Comment

$299 US to upgrade the titler already paid for to work in EDIUS 6. What new features does TMP have in version 6 licence? None?

FAIL.
                    AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, RTX 3080, 64GB RAM, EDIUS X WG.

Comment

Hmmm. I don't have Vistitler. I only use TM Pro. Maybe I stick to EDIUS 5 first - unless Grass Valley can come out with an offering that bundle TM Pro with EDIUS 6 upgrade.
                      TingSern
                      --------------------------------------
                      Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SW View Post
                        To clarify the TM Pro situation, I'm afraid the answer is no, the TM Pro that came with EDIUS v5 will not work with EDIUS v6. You will need to upgrade the TM Pro as well or alternatively purchase VisTitle.
                        That's bad news.

Comment

Yup - it is BAD news indeed. I don't need Vistitle - too much money. Now with TM Pro - oh dear. I might very well stick to EDIUS 5 in that case. Let's see what Grass Valley comes out with closer to the launch of EDIUS 6.
                          TingSern
                          Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Yes this is indeed bad news. I have Vistitle but lots of legacy TMP included E5 projects.

What's the feasability of running Edius5 and 6 on the same machine?
                            Alan.

Comment

Given the way things were previously, I doubt you can run two versions of EDIUS in the same partition. If you do a multiple boot - you can install on Partition A - EDIUS 5 and on the other partition EDIUS 6.
                              TingSern

Comment

Working...
                              X