Edius on Mac Book Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius on Mac Book Pro

I have just purchased a Mac Book Pro and Parallels Desktop for Mac. Parallels worked great and I now have Windows XP and Edius loaded. However, I cannot see any clips I load into the bin window, or the preview window. I can import them OK, and can drop them into the timeline, but cannot see the clips - any ideas ??

This is not supported....but Parallels uses DirectX and maybe 4.5 will work? You might want to give 4.5 a try when it comes out August 8th.

Comment

Edius on a Mac Pro

Use Boot camp, its just like a dual boot system. It runs just as good as a true windows machine. Paralles will cut your memory down and run really bad. IMHO.

Randy
      Randy

Asus sabertooth MB Z97 16 gigs of ram SSD system and edit drives Nvidia GTX-660 video card

Comment

Originally posted by rando View Post
        Use Boot camp, its just like a dual boot system. It runs just as good as a true windows machine. Paralles will cut your memory down and run really bad. IMHO.

Randy
        I second that !

Use bootcamp for Video Editing,
        use Paralles for basic windows programes.

Bill :)
        GESTOS PRODUCTIONS
        www.gpvideo.com.au

Comment

I third that.
          Use Bootcamp for working in Windows. Edius works fine like that.
          Use Macdrive to transfer files to and from Windows and Mac partitions when you're working in windows.

Comment

Originally posted by mark_m View Post
            Use Macdrive to transfer files to and from Windows and Mac partitions when you're working in windows.
            If you load Edius projects on a HFS+ drive via Mac Drive, you're bound to run into some trouble...such as a crash when a project is on the recent list, or even properties of files not showing up correctly.

Best is to use an NTFS drive for Edius.

Comment

Edius and a Macbook pro

Yeah the best thing is to install Edius on the windows partition of your Mac ala Boot Camp. Then put your projects on the Windows drive. Then if you want you can have your content on a HFS+ drive but with Edius the more you can use NTFS the better.

Randy
              Randy

Asus sabertooth MB Z97 16 gigs of ram SSD system and edit drives Nvidia GTX-660 video card

Comment

Working...
              X