X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Truly
    replied
    Hans,

The italics are definitely harder for me to read than the regular.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• harveylexton
    replied
    Colour

It is very hard on the eyes after a while to read white text on black. I feel you may get a lot of feed back on this, also quite right the gaudy colour banners are also a bit bright.

I know it takes a bit of getting used to, but I must say I don't think I could read the forum for long. The original forum was a lot easier on the eyes.

Leave a comment:

• harveylexton
    replied
    Legacy products

There are still a lot of Xplode, Storm, Photo album, etc users out there and also a listing of items for sale.

It would be nice to see this again for those that need it.

Also there was also another where people could post there work and explain how they did it.

Leave a comment:

• jonandmarkuk
    replied
    As for Imaginate, the jury is out on this. It's no longer in "development" as such, nor does it have Grass Valley branding, but is still available and there's plenty of people who still use it. That said, the most traffic on the Imaginate forum in the last couple of months simply revolved around "Any news on a new version?"
    I do hope that Imaginate isn't a retired product as I use it a lot and the discussions in the old forum did suggest that a new version was being looked at. At the moment it seems that Grass Valley are only interested in Procoder and Edius which is a shame for all the other products.
    I really do hope they reconsider Imaginate as Grass Valley / Canopus seem to have 'retired' so many products recently it makes me wonder what will be retired next.

Leave a comment:

• drgagx
    replied
    So far I have sometimes missed the...
    "More replies below current depth",
    whereas it is always clear if the thread goes on to pages 2, 3 etc.
    Is this something I can cure by choosing a different setting?

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I would also like to suggest that this forum is missing the breadcrumb navigation at the bottom, basically, the navigation structure at top should be duplicated at the bottom like on all other forums

Leave a comment:

• vienna1944er
    replied
    Please, excuse my miserable english......

Please, compare following two examples for "Quote" ..... and replay the better human readable version
    who version minimice "eye-irritation" for you.

Version 1 = current forum standard with [Italic] letters
    While we anticipate there being potential for other GV products to enter the fray, this may not happen for some time (and as such, needs approval etc, etc.) There is still a possibility for two separate forums - one for the Professional/Desktop market (which encompasses the pre-acquistion Canopus market), and a Broadcast-products oriented forum.

As Mike said, things are flexible - consider this a trial period. Our focus is on concise, information-heavy content.

As for Imaginate, the jury is out on this. It's no longer in "development" as such, nor does it have Grass Valley branding, but is still available and there's plenty of people who still use it. That said, the most traffic on the Imaginate forum in the last couple of months simply revolved around "Any news on a new version?"

At this stage, there are no concrete plans to continue the Imaginate line. This may change, but I would probably put my money on that technology being reused elsewhere (like say, in a future version of EDIUS).

Version 2 = without [Italic] letters
    While we anticipate there being potential for other GV products to enter the fray, this may not happen for some time (and as such, needs approval etc, etc.) There is still a possibility for two separate forums - one for the Professional/Desktop market (which encompasses the pre-acquistion Canopus market), and a Broadcast-products oriented forum.

As Mike said, things are flexible - consider this a trial period. Our focus is on concise, information-heavy content.

At this stage, there are no concrete plans to continue the Imaginate line. This may change, but I would probably put my money on that technology being reused elsewhere (like say, in a future version of EDIUS).
    friendly greeting from europe\austria\vienna ..... old Hans ...with old [but no broken] eyes..... ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Mike Truly
    replied
    I definitely don't want knowledgebases to become restricted.

But here's a color suggestion. I like the readability of most of the new look, but the bright neon green is a bit distracting for me especially in the area of the big bars between posts. It's like my eyes are having problems as I try to read the text (which I like) but then there's these bright neon green bars that sort of overpower and mess with my eyes. I don't mind the color, but I would like to see the brightness dropped by like 25% or something.

Just my two cents.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• THoff
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
    One possible avenue we may explore after the first couple of weeks is change the Broadcast forum to a separate community that resides here, but remains "off the chart". Gaining access would be through a separate application process.
    If you do that, I hope you will grant non-members readonly access to the forums. There will undoubtedly be information there that is relevant to all of us.

Leave a comment:

• kwshaw1
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
    One possible avenue we may explore after the first couple of weeks is change the Broadcast forum to a separate community that resides here, but remains "off the chart". Gaining access would be through a separate application process.
    I like that idea better than having redundant forums in one community. I also think it's a mistake to separate "broadcast" users from everyone else, but I suspect that decision won't change. If you're going to do that, might as well make it a separate community.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jason Ramsey
    replied
    I'm digging the new layout. More familiar feeling, and less confusing. Haven't had a chance to browse too much, but I could see the issue with having redundant categories as mentioned above. Information could get spread across the two sections... which might not be so good for organization.

Anyways, I did it. Thanks. Here's to hoping the atmosphere here is as improved as the look of the forum.

Jason

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Currently the forum only covers products that:

a) are current
    b) are formerly-Canopus, now branded-Grass Valley products

We'll have a chat, and if it's kosher, put up a poll.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_MD
    replied
    Originally posted by Bart View Post
    My first impression is that the contents of the "Desktop/Professional users" and the "Broadcast industry users" is redundant. (no significant difference in contents)

I'm also missing Imaginate ... I do like the suggestion above.

Organise a poll to improve the structure?

BTW: good that this forum is back!

We are discussing the suggestions and any options. :)

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    My first impression is that the contents of the "Desktop/Professional users" and the "Broadcast industry users" is redundant. (no significant difference in contents)

I'm also missing Imaginate ... I do like the suggestion above.

Organise a poll to improve the structure?

BTW: good that this forum is back!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X