Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I cut one audio channe, and pan the other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I cut one audio channe, and pan the other?

I have a project with an interview on one track. This has been cut into several parts on this track.

It had been recorded with the interviewer on one track and the interviewee on the other.

I want to cut out all the interviewer track and pan the other track to the centre.

Is there an easy way to select all the clips on this track and do this, or do I have to do each clip one by one?

I tried selecting the clip in the bin and changing the properties to Mono Channel 2, but this did not seem to work.
    Edius 8.53WG, Vistitle 2.8, Windows 10 x64 Pro Fall Update, Asus Z87 Pro, Intel i7-4770K, 16 GB 1600 Corsair Vengence LP RAM, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB, WD Black 2TB media drive, Intel HD 4600 GPU, MSI GTX660 2GB VGA, Coolermaster Silencio 652 case, Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler, Cakewalk UA-25EX USB audio interface, Cakewalk MA-15D monitor speakers, BM Intensity Pro 4K, PlextorPX-LB950SA BD writer, Dell U2410 Monitor

Change the clips in audio properties to the correct channel. Use the Panpot Balance filter and set it up so that it pans to the center and save it as a preset. You can then drag and drop onto all of the files at one.

For future reference map your audio so that each channel goes to a different track and then you can simply turn off tracks or clips.

Comment

Thanks Pat.
      Edius 8.53WG, Vistitle 2.8, Windows 10 x64 Pro Fall Update, Asus Z87 Pro, Intel i7-4770K, 16 GB 1600 Corsair Vengence LP RAM, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB, WD Black 2TB media drive, Intel HD 4600 GPU, MSI GTX660 2GB VGA, Coolermaster Silencio 652 case, Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler, Cakewalk UA-25EX USB audio interface, Cakewalk MA-15D monitor speakers, BM Intensity Pro 4K, PlextorPX-LB950SA BD writer, Dell U2410 Monitor

Comment

Working...
      X