Elementary Streams Vs Non Elemental

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elementary Streams Vs Non Elemental

When using Print To Fie to create a DVD compliant MPEG-2 file for later use in another program to author a DVD, would it be better to export as a system MPEG-2 or Elemental Stream? Thanks

elementary stream without a doubt is correct

program stream is wrong, it will need to be demuxed by the authoring software and then get remuxed again
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Thanks Antons, I was hoping you would weigh in on this with your experience with DVD. Saved me a lot of time experimenting and wasted DVD's.
      Jerry Dycus

Comment

That actually depends on the software you use to author the DVD. If you use consumer-oriented software like DVD Movie Factory (which comes bundled with Edius), be aware that it does not accept Elementrary Stream files.

Comment

I am using DVDStyler, which does accept elementary streams.

Comment

Second Question Elementary Streams Vs System Streams

Anton, why do you recommend 7700 kbps instead of the seemingly more recommended of 8000?

Comment

if you are burning, using 7700 allows you to use 256 for audio, giving you a safe total of 8000

you will find that there are bitrate spikes that can go up to 1500 over your set value, so 8000+1500+256 is pushing it for burning, the resulting DVD may freeze at such a high bitrate spike

if you are sending for glass mastering and replication, you can go much higher
              Anton Strauss
              Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Thanks, good info.

Comment

Working...
                X