SoundSoap filter questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoundSoap filter questions

I'm experimenting with the Bias SoundSoap audio filter to remove some of the noise from ambient sound in a wedding video, and would appreciate any advice on what settings to use and how to understand the various options. I have both indoor and outdoor footage to work on and the outdoor stuff includes toasts done without a PA system at a location near a busy freeway.

So far it seems like a low level of noise reduction with most of the options turned on produces acceptable results, but I'm curious to learn more about all this...
    Edius 6.5 on Lenovo W520 laptop: Intel Core i7-2720QM @2.2 GHz, Nvidia graphics card, 8GB RAM, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. Canon Vixia HF-G10, three Sony HDV video cameras and one Canon 7D.

Just experiment :)

Did you come by the Edius glitch yet where audio is behind?

Comment

Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
      Did you come by the Edius glitch yet where audio is behind?
      What glitch is that? Is it something where the audio is consistently behind by a fixed amount, or drifts off over time?
      Edius 6.5 on Lenovo W520 laptop: Intel Core i7-2720QM @2.2 GHz, Nvidia graphics card, 8GB RAM, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. Canon Vixia HF-G10, three Sony HDV video cameras and one Canon 7D.

Comment

Kevin,

StormDave is refering to the constant 3-4 frame lag imposed by SoundSoap. Wierd, but easily fixed.

If it's background noise I have to contend with, I have best results by isolating an area on the timeline with in-out points. Open Soundsoap dialog. Loop playback (Ctrl+Space) Then use "Learn Noise" button.

Results are generally accptable. Voices can be muddled, so watch out!

Render and remove,
        Rusty

Anybody tried the "Pro" version of SoundSoap?
        Rusty Rogers | Films
        >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
        >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
        Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
          StormDave is refering to the constant 3-4 frame lag imposed by SoundSoap. Wierd, but easily fixed.
          I'm looking closely now at an HDV clip with the SoundSoap filter on it and can't see an obvious sync problem for the audio. Is this something you can see on the timeline or only after rendering? Also, is it possible this is mainly happening for those running Edius on Macs, or it is also turning up on standard PCs? (No Mac-PC debate intended, just wondering.)

P.S. I've separated my audio tracks from my video for this project, so I wonder if maybe that's helping avoid the SoundSoap glitch. I'll test further for that.

Comment

The waveform will look the same, but the audio out will lag 3-4 frames.
            Look at an area with a camera flash/click... you'll see.

Rusty
            Rusty Rogers | Films
            >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
            >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
            Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Check out the SoundSoap demonstration on the BIAS website, it gives you a good idea of how to get started:

http://www.bias-inc.com/products/soundSoap2/

Download the update to V2.1 from the BIAS website while you are at it, that will also get you the standalone version of Soundsoap. Then export a WAV file from Edius, process that using the standalone SoundSoap to clean it up, and finally bring it back into Edius to replace the original sound track. This will allow you to avoid the sync issue.

Comment

the delay caused by soundsoap is 3.5 frames

after fine tuning soundsoap, export the section needed to wav

place the wav on empty audio track below and then move it to left 3 or 4 frames until the waveform lines up to your liking, then delete the original audio by clicking the A delete button on top of timeline
                http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...-delay-fix.gif
                Last edited by antonsvideo; 07-27-2007, 05:14 AM.
                Anton Strauss
                Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

It's not 3.5 seconds! It's fraction of a second, two or three frames.

Comment

sorry, I typed seconds instead of frames by mistake, the screenshot explained it correct
                    Anton Strauss
                    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Working...
                    X