X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    When did you get the motherboard?

I took a look at your manual and there is no PCI Latency, but it's worth updating the BIOS if you haven't already.

http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en-us/...s.php?S_ID=147

If else fails, the culprit here is your motherboard and I would blame the nForce chipset...this is why I always get an Intel chipset and Intel CPU's for maximum compatibility.

Leave a comment:

• Alade
    replied
    only 32 gives me a fairly quick response....but still not instant like my older system....it sticks till the buffer fulls up, even at 32.....there must be something that I have missed...I did all that I was told, all that I did before, all drivers updated, still the sticking...the monitor looks good now after adding the lines to the 'Canopus INI file. Just the lag...it is a bit annoying, but I have the best real time ever with this system......15 sec. photoalbum, starting anywhere inthe transition, and the buffer fills up in a snap.....the best since edius came out....I had it from V. 1.0....any help is welcome...I even tried moving the Storm Card to another slot....

Sysyem: Biostar NF4ST-A9, Athlon 64 3500+, 2 gig ram...Storm with the latest drivers, Edius 3.62, along with other editing software......ATI x1300 (Sapphire) PCI x video card...

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Did you try 160???

Leave a comment:

• Alade
    replied
    yeh, but when I use automatic, i get a buffer of 192, and even though I changed everything as advised, I still get the sticking...so I am back to automatic to get higher buffers....dont make a difference right now

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Originally posted by Alade View Post
    Just discovered something....When I bring my buffers down in Storm to 32, I get good results...at automatic is where the sticking occurs...ant solutions?
    Alade, PCI Latency can only be changed from the BIOS, and not all BIOSes have this feature.

I recommend that you turn off Automatic, and like Angelo said, go into Storm Video's properties, set it to 160 or something. Restart your PC, then go into Edius and make sure it says 160 there as well. Changing from Automatic might cause trouble, that's why I was mentioning that you should go lower from Storm's setting because Edius does not have the automatic setting.

Also Automatic is useless nowdays, that is if your CPU is fast enough, Edius will ride like the wave even with your Storm. Automatic was good for old school PC's, and even then it wasn't that stable, that's why I always used a numbered setting instead of Automatic. One of my systems crashed once from Automatic, that's why I vowed not to ever use it again.

Leave a comment:

• Angelo
    replied
    Just discovered something....When I bring my buffers down in Storm to 32, I get good results...at automatic is where the sticking occurs...ant solutions?
    I don't use Storm's software to set it to Automatic, I use Edius' hardware setting to set the buffer and the highest setting in Edius4 is 160, which I use.

...Angelo

Leave a comment:

• Alade
    replied
    Last edited by Alade; 07-25-2007, 02:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Alade
    replied
    But how do you change the latency, where can I find that .

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Yeah, 32 is default. On some systems this needed to be changed (Like Angelo mentioned) for the Storm to function correctly. On the newer motherboards, this is not necessary and since the Storm is kind of old tech, it still might be a necessity.

On my P4 (Fairly old) and the Storm2, I have left the latency at it's default 32 setting and it's been working fine for years. No lag no nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Alade
    replied
    dont think so, I may have to download it, but I am a wizard, so i may have to get someone that knows what they are doing to upgrade the bios for me.......but the latency reads 32 with the Storm Test.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Originally posted by Angelo View Post
    Non-HT P4, boy that was a long time ago.

But thinking about it, my HT P4 with Edius 3.x was sluggish with long timelines and the Core2Duo fixed that problem, no lagging just sluggish.

...Angelo
    Yep it was. I sold it to someone with Premiere 6.5 for cheap and the Storm card. It served me well (Well since I am a fast cutter, it wasn't cutting it for me)...

Speaking of P4's, my Storm2 system (P4 3.0Ghz) is still alive and kicking. It pushes through DV footage like butter, even while I am grabbing large files from it (I also use it as a server via gigabit network). I have Edius 4.24 on both machines (Mac is via Bootcamp) and it's all good. I will get a central server later on.

The buffer fills up real fast with the Storm car, and I have real time in xplode....I can even start from in the middle of a photo album transition 10 secs. or longer, and the buffer fills up guickly......just that the curser sticks for 3 -5 secs. before it moves, I did the overlay adjustments already, added the items to Canopus. ini file to get things to look good, only issue is the sticky curser. and I cant find out how to change the latancy settings
    If it's not in the BIOS, then it's probably hidden. Do you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard?

Leave a comment:

• Angelo
    replied
    The buffer fills up real fast with the Storm car, and I have real time in xplode....I can even start from in the middle of a photo album transition 10 secs. or longer, and the buffer fills up guickly......just that the curser sticks for 3 -5 secs. before it moves, I did the overlay adjustments already, added the items to Canopus. ini file to get things to look good, only issue is the sticky curser. and I cant find out how to change the latancy settings
    Really sounds like a CPU issue here.

...Angelo

Leave a comment:

• Angelo
    replied
    Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
    Yeah but was your P4 non HT?
    I had a Storm1 system with a P4 2.8Ghz non HT system and the same lag happened....even on a fresh install of XP.
    Non-HT P4, boy that was a long time ago.

But thinking about it, my HT P4 with Edius 3.x was sluggish with long timelines and the Core2Duo fixed that problem, no lagging just sluggish.

...Angelo

Leave a comment:

• Alade
    replied

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Originally posted by Angelo View Post
    I can't recall if I had any issues with Edius 3.x and P4 system. This is where the old forum would be helpful because I would of posted it, if I had an issue.

...Angelo
    Yeah but was your P4 non HT?
    I had a Storm1 system with a P4 2.8Ghz non HT system and the same lag happened....even on a fresh install of XP.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X