Help...Trouble exporting from HD to SD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help...Trouble exporting from HD to SD

I have built a love story for an upcoming wedding. It has some talking head interviews a few scenery shots and some Imaginate clips.

I created the project in HDV 1080i in case they get HD down the road. The talking heads portion was shot on a Canon A1 and editing with CanopusHQ. The b-roll scenery shots were also edited in CanopusHQ.

For the Imaginate I created the Imaginate portions in the Imaginate program but instead of exporting to CanopusHQ I just imported the IVP files into my Edius timeline and used them that way. I didn't cut any of the imaginate clips as that will mess them up but I did fade up and down on them with the opacity band. The Imaginate portions were built widescreen 16x9 in Imaginate.

I am trying to export to a wmv file so the customer can preview it and the encode stops about half way through. I have also tried exporting to a widescreen DV AVI file first and encode from there so it will be quicker. When I try to export to DV AVI file through PCE nothing happens when I hit the Convert button. It just sends me back to my project. If I try to encode to Canopus HQ as an intermediate step I get an error message that says, "Cannot write the file. (0x87020001)" A few days ago I was able to convert the video to a DV AVI file as a first draft. Now it won't work anymore.

I have tried exporting to HDV as in intermediate step since it will need to be archived that way as well and Edius errors out about half way through the encode.

Any ideas? Do I need to reinstall ProCoderExpress?

Help....I need to get this preview to the customer for approval.
    Main System. MSI G33m Motherboard, Intel Q6600 CPU, 2GB Ram, GeForce 9500GT, 7200rpm System drive. WinXP. Lots of external eSATA drives.

Laptop. Sony Vaio. CPU- i7-Gen 3, 8gb RAM, 1tbb 5400rpm hard drive, AMD GPU

What is the Version?
    Steve
    EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
    A proud EDIUS EDITOR
    For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Sorry...should have mentioned that. I am on Edius 4.03.
      Main System. MSI G33m Motherboard, Intel Q6600 CPU, 2GB Ram, GeForce 9500GT, 7200rpm System drive. WinXP. Lots of external eSATA drives.

Comment

Why don't you upgrade to the latest version? (4.24)
        PCE also gets upgraded.
        Maybe this will solve all your problems.

SR
        Steve
        A proud EDIUS EDITOR
        For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

I have intentionally kept this computer on 4.03 because it is my main computer and I use the audio node keyboard shortcut all the time and versions after 4.03 remove that feature. With 4.5 coming out soon I suppose it wouldn't be the worst thing to upgrade now.

Weird thing is the export feature worked great a few days ago and now it is not. That's why I was thinking PCE may have gotten messed up.

Also, I tried logging into the Canopus support area to try and download 4.03 so I could reinstall PCE and forgot my password. I used the link to reset my password and have the new one sent. I got the email that it has been sent but I still have not received the email with the new information on it...it has been about 30 minutes

Comment

If you don't want to upgrade because of the audio node thing then don't.
            Wait for you password or call tech support. The reset will be done while you are on the phone so you'll get the new one immediately.
            When you have it uninstall pce , reboot and reinstall it from the download.

SR
            Steve
            A proud EDIUS EDITOR

Comment

An addition. I just tried firing off the process on my laptop and it seems to be creating the DV AVI file for now. Lets see how far it gets. The laptop is on a more recent version...I think 4.10 but not sure. Lets see how far it gets. If I ever get my reset password from Canopus I will try to logon and upgrade to 4.24 and fix this mess.

Comment

Glad found away to export your work.
                Steve
                A proud EDIUS EDITOR

Comment

Working...
                X